Job # 2

12secrd

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are about 2 to 3 days ahead of the assembly plant. Also we are running 4.10 elockers which will be a new option for the regular f150. Dont know which trim levels or motors. I asked an engineer and he thought it was for the fx4.

Thanks for the info. If anything changes please post.

When I ordered my 2011 FX4 I went threw the order guide and there was no option for 4.10 available.

The raptors use 4.10's I assume its for that trim.

Thanks for the info. If anything changes please post.

When I ordered my 2011 FX4 I went threw the order guide and there was no option for 4.10 available.

The raptors use 4.10's I assume its for that trim.

No the raptor axles are wider than the standard axle, and when we started running them I thought somebody put the wrong axle tubes on, but the engineer said the 4.10 ELocker would be an option on regular F150's for job2. He said he thought it was for the FX4 but wasn't sure.

Also, the job 2 axles are upgraded with better bearings and a thicker pinion shaft. There might be more upgrades but that is what I know so far. I saw our schedule and we have 11 days of job 1 production left then start job 2. I would wait for job 2 cause you are getting a stronger better rear axle. They said it was almost as strong as the super duty.

No the raptor axles are wider than the standard axle, and when we started running them I thought somebody put the wrong axle tubes on, but the engineer said the 4.10 ELocker would be an option on regular F150's for job2. He said he thought it was for the FX4 but wasn't sure.

Also, the job 2 axles are upgraded with better bearings and a thicker pinion shaft. There might be more upgrades but that is what I know so far. I saw our schedule and we have 11 days of job 1 production left then start job 2. I would wait for job 2 cause you are getting a stronger better rear axle. They said it was almost as strong as the super duty.

My order is for Job #2. Ecoboost as the engine.

The stronger/better rear axle as you are stating I assume this would be for all F-150's?

I wondering if the axle upgrade is for the EcoBoost trucks? As all ecoboost orderes are job#2.

When I ordered there was no option for 4.10's. I am getting the standard 3.73 with the FX4 trim.

After doing some investigating the 4.10 is only being available to the 6.2L Engine.

Thanks ANIKE7 keep the info coming :shades:

Edited by 12secrd

I ordered a 2011 F150 4x4 SuperCrew XLT (5.0L) this past Friday, Nov 26.

Where are the XLT's are bult? Also what Job# would this likely be scheduled under?

My dealer estimated 8-12 week delivery. They said they'll give me the VIN once they get it, but I suppose that won't be for several weeks, best case?

Appreciate it!

Job 2 absolutely is for the ecoboost engines. I heard the ecoboost was breaking the job 1 pinion shafts and thats why they went to a thicker super duty size pinion shaft. Also the upgraded bearings are a precaution for the Raptors not that ford is having any problems but want to be cautious is what i was told. Job 2 upgrades will be on all 9.75 axles however.

This 4.10 elocker is a last minute thing coming from ford. About three weeks ago we built about 10 axles for ford for mileage testing. Then we built about 20-30 more for more test trucks. This is not the same 4.10 elocker that is for the raptor 6.2. I was only told that the engineer thought it was a option for job 2 on the fx4 trim. Could it be an option for the 5.0 motor to make it a max tow package, that is just my guess.

jmmec-the xlt's are built both at dtp and ktp however because of your location I would assume it will be built at ktp but that is only a guess.

I would assume that cause you just ordered your truck it would be a job 2 build cause I have had a truck ordered since sept 13 and haven't even gotten scheduled yet. Also as far as I know the assembly plant hasn't even recieved the ok to ship yet. I would check your priority # though to see what the dealer set it at. 8-12 weeks is a real honest guess by the dealer.

My order is for Job #2. Ecoboost as the engine.

The stronger/better rear axle as you are stating I assume this would be for all F-150's?

I wondering if the axle upgrade is for the EcoBoost trucks? As all ecoboost orderes are job#2.

When I ordered there was no option for 4.10's. I am getting the standard 3.73 with the FX4 trim.

After doing some investigating the 4.10 is only being available to the 6.2L Engine.

Thanks ANIKE7 keep the info coming :shades:

So you have already placed your order for an ecoboost truck?

Thanks

Do you have any info as to when 2011 F-150's that are retail orders will be scheduled after OKTB is declared? Thank you guys for all the info that you provide for us. Thanks

No, I am trying to find that out myself as I am waiting on my order. I will post if I get any info from work.

Job 2 absolutely is for the ecoboost engines. I heard the ecoboost was breaking the job 1 pinion shafts and thats why they went to a thicker super duty size pinion shaft. Also the upgraded bearings are a precaution for the Raptors not that ford is having any problems but want to be cautious is what i was told. Job 2 upgrades will be on all 9.75 axles however.

This 4.10 elocker is a last minute thing coming from ford. About three weeks ago we built about 10 axles for ford for mileage testing. Then we built about 20-30 more for more test trucks. This is not the same 4.10 elocker that is for the raptor 6.2. I was only told that the engineer thought it was a option for job 2 on the fx4 trim. Could it be an option for the 5.0 motor to make it a max tow package, that is just my guess.

9.75 axles are for ecoboost?

4.10 for moving the max tow option with the 5.0L engine upward is a good guess but not if the 4.10's are only available on the Fx4 as It would not make sense for Ford to only allow a max tow 5.0L in FX4 trim considering other trims ave the 5.0L engine as an option.. But your in a better position then me for this info

Thanks ANIKE7 please keep posting any info.

My dealer advised you can now get 3.73s on 5.0ls which is new I guess?

My 2011 F150 order is a 4x4 SuperCrew XLT 6-1/2' bed (5.0L) with the 3.73 e-locker and tow package (and a few other options). I had also considered the FX4, but decided to save the $$$ and "downgrade" to XLT.

Also, the "SelectShift" option is included in other trims, like XLT, if you get the 4x4 with tow package. I'm not entirely clear on what this does.... but it will be there on my XLT.

OK what he told me was that running change @ Nov 15, can now get 5.0L with 3.73s w/o the max tow pkg. That was not possible initially, at least in Canada.

I could have ordered a 2011 F-150 Fx4 with 5.0L and 3.73 with the standard tow package in Oct. I am also in Canada.

But I want the ecoboost so I waited until Nov to order.

I could have ordered a 2011 F-150 Fx4 with 5.0L and 3.73 with the standard tow package in Oct. I am also in Canada.

But I want the ecoboost so I waited until Nov to order.

Hmm I think I typed that wrong. I should have said w/o the off road pkg. (can't get 5.0 with max tow... D'oh!)