DriveF150 program

I'm signed up for the DriveF150 program this Saturday in Fontana, CA (near Los Angeles). Are there any questions you want asked or things that you want me to check out?

Did you get any kind of confirmation email or call from Ford after signing up? I signed up for December 9th but I haven't received an email or call confirming my appointment. I looked again today, and now the website is saying that my zip code is outside of their supported area. I'm now wondering if I'm signed up or not...

Did you get any kind of confirmation email or call from Ford after signing up? I signed up for December 9th but I haven't received an email or call confirming my appointment. I looked again today, and now the website is saying that my zip code is outside of their supported area. I'm now wondering if I'm signed up or not...

I have an appointment scheduled 12/7. I received both a confirmation email the day after I scheduled it online and a telephone call a couple of days later.

Edited by jpvbs

Yes. I received an email with a registration bar code right after I registered. Then two days ago, I received a reminder email.

I have an appointment scheduled 12/7. I received both a confirmation email the day after I scheduled it online and a telephone call a couple of days later.

Yes. I received an email with a registration bar code right after I registered. Then two days ago, I received a reminder email.

I got an instant email and a phone call the same day. Can't wait! I'm going to see if they will let me tow my boat. ;)

I had a slot at 12. However, my stupid ass slept in today and I didn't wake up until 11am!! Dammit!!!! There is no way in hell I can shower, and get my ass from Norwalk to Fontana in less than an hour. I can't remember the last time I slept in so long for no reason either.

Way to screw things up Steve. Good job.

Yes, I also had the confirmation email too. I suck.

Just got home. I have a neice that lives 5 minutes from the race track, so we all met at her place and then the 8 of us carpooled in her Armada. Beautiful day, light breeze and 78 degrees. With the reservation system Ford had in place, crowd control was great. It was never crowded enough where you had to wait a long time for the test drives.

Check in was quick. We filled out the appropriate forms and were assigned writst bands, Blue for those over 18 with valid drivers licences. Yellow for those kids who could do ride alongs. Red for those too young (still needed safety seats). The intro area had some trucks with the hoods up and you could sit in. There was a trailer that had exhibits for the four new engines with engineers who could answer questions.

The first test I did was trailer towing. I told them I've never towed anything before, so they had me try the lighter of the two trailers, 6500 pounds. All the F150s for this test were SuperCrews with the EcoBoost engine and the Max Trailer Towing package with 3.73 gears. Got in, adjusted seat and mirrors, started the engine, engaged tow/haul mode and then stopped and asked how the Integrated Trailor Brake Controller worked. He was very knowlegable and gave a lot of the technical aspects of the system (I had to smile. He had an accent exactly like Vin Diesel). I don't have any reference to go by, but it felt like we weren't towing anything. From the staging area, we went down a connection road to another large parking lot where there were cones set up where we could brake, accelerate and turn corners. Even under moderate throttle, with the low end torque, there was no lag. When you punch it, it was amazing. You'd have no problem merging on a freeway or passing a slow vehicle. For braking, I didn't go for full ABS mode, but found it braked again like there was nothing behind you.

Now, on to the performance tests. They had a staging area set up with four lines, one for each of the new drivetrains. Of course, the shortest line was for the 3.7 and the longest for the 6.2. Out from the staging area was a short chicane course where you could test the handling. You approach the short drag strip and slowly approach until you are staged. The Christmas Tree goes off and out you go. There were also a few of the competitors trucks available for testing. Here's how it went (all trucks were SuperCrew except for the SuperCab N/A 3.7 Ford and 4.3 Chevy). Sorry, didn't get a chance to test every single truck.

46.3 @ 8.0 Chevy V6 4.3

52.2 @ 7.2 Ford V6 3.7

55.4 @ 6.8 Ford V8 5.0

52.5 @ 6.7 Ford V6 EcoBoost

(Please remember, I'm a total amateur when it comes to drag racing)

The one that was most impressive was the N/A 3.7. You expect the others to be quick, but you don't expect the 3.7 to haul ass (relatively, it definitely wasn't a dog).

If you have kids, the older ones can ride along. As promised, there were things to do for the young ones. like a bounce house and a semi with some road racing games to play, in addition to a viewing area (hay bales!) where they could watch the adults run the drag strip.

On exit, they ask you to fill out a quesstionare. They supplied Gatorade and cold water (I was so thirsty).

As a bonus, on the way back to the neice's Armada, I noticed that a new Explorer was parked next to us.

PS I asked them when the new trucks would hit the show rooms. They said that they would start arriving Mid-December.

Edited by StevenCaylor