2011 f-250 order question

sledhead56

Hey. I am posting this hoping some one can help. I ordered a 2011 f-250 6.2l. It has be on a material hold until last week, now it says it has a compatibility issue. The dealer said the only way the could get the computer to take the order was to add order code 68d. From what I can find in the order guide it is a option on the f-350 for a 10000# suspension down grade. That is this on my f-250 gas. I hope its not a suspension up grade . The truck is suppose to be 9600# truck so I don't know whats going on. I went there with the dealer when we put it in. We tried a couple times and this was the only way it would give us a buildable truck.

I got a copy of the email the dealer got from Ford.

2011 my f-250 orders with gas engine

-at j2 in November the base gvwr of most configurations of f-250 models equipped with 6.2l gas engines changed to 10,000lbs.

-Previously all models had a base gvwr of less than 10000lbs

-Some Com and fleet req 10,000lbs rating

-the 9900 gvwr package is no charge

-Currently in conceps there is an edit in place to force dealers to add the 9900 gvwr payload downgrade package 68d

So I guess thats why I have the 68d added to my order.

I got a copy of the email the dealer got from Ford.

2011 my f-250 orders with gas engine

-at j2 in November the base gvwr of most configurations of f-250 models equipped with 6.2l gas engines changed to 10,000lbs.

-Previously all models had a base gvwr of less than 10000lbs

-Some Com and fleet req 10,000lbs rating

-the 9900 gvwr package is no charge

-Currently in conceps there is an edit in place to force dealers to add the 9900 gvwr payload downgrade package 68d

So I guess thats why I have the 68d added to my order.

That's just to make sure the person ordering understands that they're getting the 9900 gvwr and not assuming it will be 10k. CYA.

• 3 weeks later...

Still no Vin. dealer called ford last week and where told to expect a mid feb delivery. :censored: I can't wait. I need the truck for jan, and feb and march.

Ask the dealer how the truck was ordered. It should have been ordered as a customer vehicle(code 1 I believe) instead as a dealer order.