Delay in order of Edge

emoney

Hey guys,

first off, i posted this in the announcements section last night...oops...oh well,

now onto my story, i ordered my 2011 edge sel in the middle of september and the dealer said that it would be like 4 to 5 weeks. after weeks of bugging the dealer to give me a copy of the invoice, i finally got it last week. Now ive also been bugging him every other day trying to find out where this vehicle is and all he could tell me was that "its been shipped so it will be here any day!" now i called him today and he told me that it actually hadnt been shipped and ford has decided to do a software upgrade on this vehicle and it will probably be delivered around christmas.

My suspicions are that he sold it when it came in and had to order a new one. I was going to post in the order tracking forum but i dont have enough posts. so would any of you ford employees be able to verify that ford is holding the edge for software updates? and/or where the heck my vehicle is?

thank you for any help you can provide,

Erika

oh yah and I forgot to mention that i registered the vehicle at syncmyride.com and it shows that it had synce installed on 11/9 and it is completely up to date.

what do you guys think is going on here? am I getting the runaround? I hope not...

thanks again,

Erika

hmmm....that could very possibly possibly be the issue, I just have a hard time trusting a car salesman on what he says. everytime he speaks im pretty sure he trying to screw me. (not literally) haha

Well, hopefully that's not the case. You should be pretty close to those 10 posts now. If you throw your VIN out there in the tracking forum hopefully someone will be able to get some more reliable info for you.

So tell us all a little bit more about the Edge you ordered. I saw in the other thread that you ordered Kona Blue -- great choice (I ended up being between that at Red Candy Metallic for my Sport). What other options did you go for?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm on week 10 for my Edge...dealer is not much help

I am on week 6 for my Edge, dealer told me the car is built on Feb 21 and then gone to accessory plant. No more dates after that. it's been 2 weeks at accessory plant. How long it takes to install accessories, I am curious.

Try to be patient folks. I got lucky with mine and was following along with a very helpful dealer who kept me up to date with which vehicles they were getting in and it just so happened the exact vehicle I was planning to order showed up. It'll be worth the wait. I love mine so far!

Try to be patient folks. I got lucky with mine and was following along with a very helpful dealer who kept me up to date with which vehicles they were getting in and it just so happened the exact vehicle I was planning to order showed up. It'll be worth the wait. I love mine so far!

Thought I had the same thing happen.....the exact Edge I was going to order showed up one day in the dealer inventory on the Ford site. Wooo! Lucky me!

Went to the dealer and they didn't have the car. Turns out it's supposedly in the shipping process to the dealer. Put down a depost and it's been a week and it is very hard to be patient.

Thought I had the same thing happen.....the exact Edge I was going to order showed up one day in the dealer inventory on the Ford site. Wooo! Lucky me!

Went to the dealer and they didn't have the car. Turns out it's supposedly in the shipping process to the dealer. Put down a depost and it's been a week and it is very hard to be patient.

Yeah, it's pretty common for the vehicles to show up listed in inventory before they actually arrive on the lot. I could see that the Sports and Limiteds have been moving off lots very quickly, so I had to jump on it once I heard from the dealer that it was actually on the ground.

I am on week 6 for my Edge, dealer told me the car is built on Feb 21 and then gone to accessory plant. No more dates after that. it's been 2 weeks at accessory plant. How long it takes to install accessories, I am curious.

Mine spent more than a week after it was released to the transport company before it got loaded on the truck for the 5 hr run to my dealership. In my case it was built on Feb 8 and received it Feb 18

• 1 month later...

Oh this is killing me. We ordered our '11 Sport on March 26 with him saying they already had the exact same one on order from the factory. Said if we put a deposit down it would expedite the shipping and would probably be 2-3 weeks. Well, that has certainly not been the case. He finally got back to me after a couple weeks once I sent him an email and it seems there may have been a delay in the Edge's and Explorers that has held them up. He said he did have a VIN and it should be here on May 9th. It's a week and a half away. I just emailed him again to check and make sure nothing has changed. We've already missed 2 different incentives and $1000 dollars because of it. hope next months incentives go back up.

Oh this is killing me. We ordered our '11 Sport on March 26 with him saying they already had the exact same one on order from the factory. Said if we put a deposit down it would expedite the shipping and would probably be 2-3 weeks. Well, that has certainly not been the case. He finally got back to me after a couple weeks once I sent him an email and it seems there may have been a delay in the Edge's and Explorers that has held them up. He said he did have a VIN and it should be here on May 9th. It's a week and a half away. I just emailed him again to check and make sure nothing has changed. We've already missed 2 different incentives and $1000 dollars because of it. hope next months incentives go back up.

My dealer went the other way and told me 10-13 weeks to get my 2011 Ford Edge Sport AWD

We are way ahead of his estimate

Ordered March 20, 2011

Ford VOC March 22,2011

Ford Vin # March 22,2011

Ford Window Sticker April 4. 2011

Ford Production April 11, 2011

Ford Shipped April 18, 2011 by railcar

Railcar in Edmonton Alberta April 25,2011

ETA to Dealer May 1, 2011

Should be at dealer in 6 weeks from order

under a week to Prep & put protection package on Edge

So as long as i haven't jinxed it, I should have in 7 weeks from Order to Driving :shift:

• 2 weeks later...

My dealer went the other way and told me 10-13 weeks to get my 2011 Ford Edge Sport AWD

We are way ahead of his estimate

Ordered March 20, 2011

Ford VOC March 22,2011

Ford Vin # March 22,2011

Ford Window Sticker April 4. 2011

Ford Production April 11, 2011

Ford Shipped April 18, 2011 by railcar

Railcar in Edmonton Alberta April 25,2011

ETA to Dealer May 1, 2011

Should be at dealer in 6 weeks from order

under a week to Prep & put protection package on Edge

So as long as i haven't jinxed it, I should have in 7 weeks from Order to Driving :shift:

So, did you receive it yet?