Fan Blower Noise on 2007 Mariner

johnjyi

I've heard (and have been ignoring thus far) a noise that seems to be related to the blower. I've been ignoring it for about a year now, but it's starting to get louder. I guess the best description is like small chains rattling with a touch of squeaking? Noise level is tied to the fan speed.

Anyone hear something like this and was it the blower fan or motor?

Thanks!

Edited by exrub

I've heard (and have been ignoring thus far) a noise that seems to be related to the blower. I've been ignoring it for about a year now, but it's starting to get louder. I guess the best description is like small chains rattling with a touch of squeaking? Noise level is tied to the fan speed.

Anyone hear something like this and was it the blower fan or motor?

Thanks!

Similar problem on my 06 Fusion. The fan is probably below the glove box and held on with just 3 bolts. Very easy to replace. Or you can remove it and see if you can fix it yourself. Mine made a whirring noise and when I opened it there was a lot of loose black stuff like a gasket had disintegrated. Shook it all out and it was good as new.

Hey, akirby!

How you been? So what did you end up getting for your daughter I think?

Yeah, I'm thinking it may be similar problem. I just wanted to see if others had similar issues. I guess whirling would be a better description...not fully awake yet.

Happy Holidays!

Hey, akirby!

How you been? So what did you end up getting for your daughter I think?

Yeah, I'm thinking it may be similar problem. I just wanted to see if others had similar issues. I guess whirling would be a better description...not fully awake yet.

Happy Holidays!

She doesn't get her license until next summer but we've pretty much decided on a Focus SEL hatchback. Seems to have the best combination of features, safety, room, price and fuel mileage.

The question is what will I get? I want a used F150 as a 3rd vehicle and a V6 mustang convertible but not sure I can do all 3.

• 1 month later...

My '08 is exhibiting this problem for the third time. The whirring sound reminds me of the noise the old in dash digital clocks that were in GM cars in the 70's and 80's - kind of a soft grind that would increase in level a bit each second or so and then decrease. It's maddening.