2012 ?

msalyer1956

I think they want to use the Boss 302 as a 2012 to push the whole line and maybe get a jump on the z28 coming out ? just a thought

Maybe they know there is going to be a big demand, and want to be more prepared, hopefully for the people who are going to order them , they won't have to wait so long, I have read in some forums where people were waiting 4-6 months for delivery of the 2011.

Maybe they know there is going to be a big demand, and want to be more prepared, hopefully for the people who are going to order them , they won't have to wait so long, I have read in some forums where people were waiting 4-6 months for delivery of the 2011.

Very True lets hope they have the shipping issues and the QC issues worked out and its a 5 to 6 WEEK wait for a order out :) on a side note i am still on the bench over loosing Sterling Grey and getting Lava red guess i'll have to see one in the sunshine to judge the red. But i know the Grey will be missed :(

Very True lets hope they have the shipping issues and the QC issues worked out and its a 5 to 6 WEEK wait for a order out :) on a side note i am still on the bench over loosing Sterling Grey and getting Lava red guess i'll have to see one in the sunshine to judge the red. But i know the Grey will be missed :(

I know, I wonder why they did that, I am glad we ordered when we did, love the sterling grey! (will love it more when it is parked in my garage :-) )

• Like 1

I think they want to use the Boss 302 as a 2012 to push the whole line and maybe get a jump on the z28 coming out ? just a thought

I think this probably has a lot to do with it. When did they start producing 2011 Mustangs? March 2010? If so they ran them for 10 months.

I think this probably has a lot to do with it. When did they start producing 2011 Mustangs? March 2010? If so they ran them for 10 months.

I agree. Makes me miss my 87 5.0 GT much more in these times. Back then, I don't even think I knew what production times or order banks were. I just got the car, drove the hell outta it and waited until it was 14 years old to turn it over.

I agree about the Sterling Gray. Every time I price a 'Stang out, I always use the SG for the color..

BTW... that is the color of our '11 Fusion.:drool:

• 3 months later...

I said the same thing to myself when I went to order my car back on the end of January. I guess maybe that they just wanted to release the Boss as a new model year so they just changed over all the mustangs to 2012s.

Or the '11s have a serious flaw that they want to contain. :stirpot:

Reliability surveys from TrueDelta and Consumer Reports haven't shown any major maladies for the 2011 Mustang.

That is good to know. I haven't heard anything except some manual tranny issues.

That "Fuelly" deal you have posted is pretty cool.