F-150 EB Reliability.

DUCKRACER

Hello Ford.

I am dyed(blue) in the wool Ford Lover.

I have been watching with great interest all of the videos at fordvehicles.com about the one EB "Hero Motor" torture test. I look forward to viewing the remaining videos.

I am convinced that THAT motor will turn out be very durable.

However, I would feel much more confident buying an EB3.5 If ALL of them came with, say, a 5yr/50,000mi warranty on JUST the motor and turbos. This is new technology and your willigness to stand behind it will certainly go a long way towards convincing me, and maybe thousands of potential buyers, that I can buy one with confidence.

Thank you for your consideration of the above.

DUCKRACER

I recall posting similar thoughts back when I ordered my first mustang- they only had 3/36...but in mid 07 I thought Ford stepped up across the board to 5/50 or 5/75 on all powertrains? My 06 mustang ended up with 5/75, they gave it to me after the first ordered car got crunched getting it unloaded at the dealers lot- that day kinda sucked :) my 'replacement' ordered identical twin 06 now has 42k on it, proud to say never been back once for anything powertrain - they built it well, even with a inch thick pile of timeslips from test and tune nights the last 5 years, she runs great...the warranty expires next Saturday...

hard to believe its been 5 years. Ford has the quality- they could probably go even further out on warranties without costing them much at all...I was just really glad when they went to 5 yr powertrain- at least the warranty lasts till the loans typically paid off, think that was a smart move.

If the EB 3.5 dont have 5/75 it should. I dont think Ford would build/sell anything they werent at least that confident in. My biggest complaint is that the EB3.5 wont be available in the panther- lots of folks seem dead set on killing that vehicle platform, and will do so no matter what it seems, but, a 370 ft/lb at 1500 motor in that car would bring back the feel of the old bigblocks...anyone that ever drove a stout bigblock in a barge knows what I mean, they were 'fun' cruisers, where the 4.6's wimpy bottom end makes the current panthers a total bore to drive. Ive had a grand marquis rental the past week- was thinking about buying one as I need a 6 seater and dont really want another minivan...but after this week, think I might just get another Avalanche like the wifes...the torkier feel of the GM 5.3 (could be just gearing) and the MPG sold us on her truck...we got 23 mpg on a 4k trip once...over 21 all the time. if the EB 3.5 was available in a 'real car' (sorry I'm still a full frame addict) I'd be wanting it bad...the mushy 4.6 has plenty of power up high, it gets out of its way just fine- but it is boring as heck to drive. that cars lack of bottom end torque IMO killed it as bad as a decade of neglect from Ford. anyone that has never driven a late 60's big block galaxie or similar dont know what theyre missing...my 69 put out 480 ft/lb at 2300, and would silently/effortlessly pin your butt to the seat in just normal stoplight to stoplight driving- was not a boring car...even if my mustangs a helluva lot faster that the old gal could ever dream of, that big block boat still FELT much more powerful...the torky EB could do that today AND get better MPG...shame on Ford for not giving the last of the true American 'big cars' a better motor to ride off into the sunset with...instead its going to the grave with the same old no bottom end motor its had for what- 20 years? what a shame.

Tim

All of them actually come with a 5 yr. 60K mile warranty. You get 10K more for free!

Great, but what documentation do you have for this? And you are sure it is on the motor and turbos specifically?

I'm not challenging you, I'm just asking for info.

Edited by DUCKRACER

Great, but what documentation do you have for this? And you are sure it is on the motor and turbos specifically?

I'm not challenging you, I'm just asking for info.

Are you serious? Ford made this standard across the board a couple of years ago. 3/36 B2B and 5/60 powertrain.

Just go to fordvehicles.com.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/2010/warranty/

(1) Your vehicle’s Powertrain components are covered for five years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first. The extended coverage applies to the Engine: all internal lubricated parts, cylinder block, cylinder heads, electrical fuel pump, electronic engine control unit, engine mounts, flywheel, injection pump, manifold (exhaust and intake), manifold bolts, oil pan, oil pump, seals and gaskets, thermostat, thermostat housing, timing chain cover, timing chain (gears or belt), turbocharger/supercharger unit, valve covers, water pump; Transmission: all internal parts, clutch cover, seals and gaskets, torque converter, transfer case (including all internal parts), transmission case, transmission mounts; Front-Wheel Drive: axle shafts, bearings (front and rear), center support bearing, drive shafts, final drive housing (including all internal parts), hubs-automatic front locking (four-wheel drive), locking rings (four-wheel drive), seals and gaskets, universal and constant velocity joints; Rear-Wheel Drive: axle shafts, bearings (front and rear), center support bearing, drive axle housing (including all internal parts), drive shaft, propeller shafts, retainers, supports, seals and gaskets, universal and constant velocity joints.
Edited by Sixt9coug