Purchasing new car from states

I'm in Canada, and I would be cash buyer...

you pay cash you can register it how you want, however ( at least here ) DMV will NOT deliver to a P.O box......and i also question what specifically you are trying to avoid...I sense an agenda here....taxes?...in which case be VERY careful....saving a buck in taxes by jimmying up false docs can end up costing 10 fold ......is SCL on your bureau...or is your name Skip Hazard?...

Edited by Deanh

I'm in Canada, and I would be cash buyer...

You need to register the car in the US to qualify for the rebates. If it is not registered in the US, the dealerhsip will be charged back for any incentives or rebates that you were not qualified for.

By using a hotel address, it sounds to me like you were considering using a false address to collect incentives you do not qualify for.

you pay cash you can register it how you want, however ( at least here ) DMV will NOT deliver to a P.O box......and i also question what specifically you are trying to avoid...I sense an agenda here....taxes?...in which case be VERY careful....saving a buck in taxes by jimmying up false docs can end up costing 10 fold ......is SCL on your bureau...or is your name Skip Hazard?...

I'm not sure what California you live in but my annual registration stickers get delivered to my PO Box just fine.

Edited by Noah Harbinger

You need to register the car in the US to qualify for the rebates. If it is not registered in the US, the dealerhsip will be charged back for any incentives or rebates that you were not qualified for.

By using a hotel address, it sounds to me like you were considering using a false address to collect incentives you do not qualify for.

Thank you for the information. That is the reason for the hotel address. I wasn't trying to avoid taxes as there is no state tax in Delaware...I wasn't planning on registering the car in Canada or the USA, or driving it at all. Looks like it is too much trouble. Looking into a nice used '11 Town Car.

Edited by BSM

LOTS.....DMV will not send plates without a physical adress....I guess they may/ maynot ( hey...it IS the DMV ) fit in some of the PO boxes so the rule blankets them....

Heh, interesting.... I did notice that on the form for personalized plates, they only ask for your mailing address (it specifically says "street or PO Box"), so maybe it's only a requirement for a new car registration.

LOTS.....DMV will not send plates without a physical adress....I guess they may/ maynot ( hey...it IS the DMV ) fit in some of the PO boxes so the rule blankets them....

Here in PA you get your plate from the dealer with the car or transfer the plate from your trade. The annual sticker comes in the mail. AFAIK PA will send them to a P.O. Box.

Thank you for the information. That is the reason for the hotel address. I wasn't trying to avoid taxes as there is no state tax in Delaware...I wasn't planning on registering the car in Canada or the USA, or driving it at all. Looks like it is too much trouble. Looking into a nice used '11 Town Car.

Since no one else seems to be asking, I have to ask. Why did you want to buy one if you did not plan on registering it anywhere or even driving it? At least Ford will sell to us Canadians in the States which is nice. A few of the other companies have told their dealers not to sell and void the warrantys if they are brought north of the boarder.