TAURUS PRODUCTION

sullivanbob2000

I WAS WONDERING WHEN ATLANTA IS CLOSING ? WILL THEY PLACE THE 500 THERE TO MAKE UP THE LOSS OF UNITS TO FLEETS/RENTAL COMPANIES ? CURRENT 500 PRODUCTION DOES NOT EVEN MEET 50% OF TAURUS PRODUCTION ?

Last I read, Taurus production is scheduled to end October 29, 2006. Ford is making that plant idle after that date and has no plans on using that plant at the current time. Once things look better for Ford, maybe in the future they will fix the factory back up and begin production of some vehicle there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You guys in Atlanta don't have a thing to be ashamed of ,it's been a good run. I just took a buy out in April but for the last 8 years I made heaters and ac's for the Taurus/ Sable at SRP. We didn't always keep you guys happy but we tried. It's been a pleasure working with all of you. GOOD LUCK!!!!

You guys in Atlanta don't have a thing to be ashamed of ,it's been a good run. I just took a buy out in April but for the last 8 years I made heaters and ac's for the Taurus/ Sable at SRP. We didn't always keep you guys happy but we tried. It's been a pleasure working with all of you. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Thanks a lot, we appraciate that.

Have a good one

We just had a 2007 Taurus come in to the shop for it's first service. They finally get the car right and then drop it :cry:

They finally got it right? Did Ford completely redesign the 2007 Taurus without telling anyone? :devil:

It was a good run, but it was time to put this old dog to rest.