Transit Full-size Van

Curtis

Congrats Ford on a better idea!

Replaceing the Econoline (which hasn't been economical for decades) with the Transit is an idea long overdue in my opinion. I have used five E-series in my Locksmith business over the years, and they haven proven themselves durable, dependable and versatile. They have been less comfortable than the two Chevrolets and one Dodge I also used. The Chevys have proven high-maintainance and the three years after the Dodge was out of warranty, I spent more money keeping it on the road than I paid for it! I wound up using the old "back-up" Ford most of the time!

I would like to know when the 2012 Transit will be available, and when and where I can get model specs on them.

I don't think Ford has officially announced that the Transit (not the Transit connect) is coming to the US. They definitely have not announced a date. The latest rumor is that it will be built at KC which is loosing the Escape.

IIRC, Ohio Assembly was promised an additional vehicle, so who knows where it will be built.

I have talked to one or two folks in engineering and the Transit is "late". The original plan was to launch the new Transit in EU as a 2012MY with a the US launch the year after. That schedule went out the window about a year ago. Now they are scrambling to meet 2013MY in EU.

I have heard that the US will get at least one diesel engine !

I don't think Ford has officially announced that the Transit (not the Transit connect) is coming to the US. They definitely have not announced a date. The latest rumor is that it will be built at KC which is loosing the Escape.

IIRC, Ohio Assembly was promised an additional vehicle, so who knows where it will be built.

I have talked to one or two folks in engineering and the Transit is "late". The original plan was to launch the new Transit in EU as a 2012MY with a the US launch the year after. That schedule went out the window about a year ago. Now they are scrambling to meet 2013MY in EU.

covers off the 4.4 I hope...

Congrats Ford on a better idea!

Replaceing the Econoline (which hasn't been economical for decades) with the Transit is an idea long overdue in my opinion. I have used five E-series in my Locksmith business over the years, and they haven proven themselves durable, dependable and versatile. They have been less comfortable than the two Chevrolets and one Dodge I also used. The Chevys have proven high-maintainance and the three years after the Dodge was out of warranty, I spent more money keeping it on the road than I paid for it! I wound up using the old "back-up" Ford most of the time!

I would like to know when the 2012 Transit will be available, and when and where I can get model specs on them.

I'd guess 2013.

INTERESTING. THANKS FOR THE IMPUT!!! Curtis

\

covers off the 4.4 I hope...

Not likely. Probably one of the EU inline diesels.

Remember, we are not getting the full line up of Transits. The E350/450 cutaway will probably live on. Likely only the "lightest" model which is FWD (and possibly AWD). A V6 won't fit.