Location of Canadian Facilities

BT

I work at STAP and have been given a list of Ford facilities I can choose form should I be interested in a transfer. I know where OAC is but I don’t know where Bramalea or Edmonton are located? I know Bramalea is a parts distribution center. Is it in Brampton? What do they do in Edmonton? Oh btw I know edmonton is in alberta but that is it. Just for thus interested nothing was offered in Windsor. No other info was given and I have till Jan 31 to make my up my mind.

Thanks in advance.

I work at STAP and have been given a list of Ford facilities I can choose form should I be interested in a transfer. I know where OAC is but I don’t know where Bramalea or Edmonton are located? I know Bramalea is a parts distribution center. Is it in Brampton? What do they do in Edmonton? Oh btw I know edmonton is in alberta but that is it. Just for thus interested nothing was offered in Windsor. No other info was given and I have till Jan 31 to make my up my mind.

Thanks in advance.

FOrd should close them all and move them to the U.S.

Bramalea and Edmonton are the two parts distribution centres that Ford has in Canada. You were not offered an option for Windsor as there are over 1000 on layoff here. The positions at the parts distribution centres are steady afternoons(few positions that are steady days are held by high seniority). You need to ask yor reps alot of questions before you make up your mind. I would advise you of visiting your choice location before you sign up.

As Ford of Canada is the number one seller in Canada, they have an obligation to provide employment in respect to their sales in Canada. The Canadian national contract provides that Ford should provide 10% of their North American operations in Canada.

Personally, I have always stuck to what I was taught in school, 35 years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_spelling_differences#-ce.2C_-se

When you advise(verb) people, you are giving advice(noun).

When you license(verb) someone, you are giving them a licence(noun).

When you break the law or offending someone, you are causing offense(verb). When you are in court you charged with an offence. When you are playing football, you are on the offensive(adverb) side, even though you are on the Offence(noun).

It's the difference between verb and noun. It may not be the common spelling now; call that the "dumbing down" of the language. Just like Americans write "checks" and Canadians write "cheques"

Edited by OAC_Sparky
  • Like 1

Personally, I have always stuck to what I was taught in school, 35 years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_spelling_differences#-ce.2C_-se

When you advise(verb) people, you are giving advice(noun).

When you license(verb) someone, you are giving them a licence(noun).

When you break the law or offending someone, you are causing offense(verb). When you are in court you charged with an offence. When you are playing football, you are on the offensive(adverb) side, even though you are on the Offence(noun).

It's the difference between verb and noun. It may not be the common spelling now; call that the "dumbing down" of the language. Just like Americans write "checks" and Canadians write "cheques"

I wasnt calling you Canadians idiots sparky. With your historical ties as a British Dominion its not surprising you Canadians speak the Kings English. We Americans love Canadians..you are our little brother

• Like 1

Last summer, my son and I visited Banff National Park in the Canadian Rockies. We flew in to Calgary, and drove to Banff. What a stunningly beautiful place! And the federal and local governments are spending a ton of money on roads, brides, parks, etc. Ya know---infrastructure.

Driving around Calgary and Banff, I was amazed at the number of new Ford products on the roads; it was great to see.

Canadians, and Ford, rule!

I wasnt calling you Canadians idiots sparky. With your historical ties as a British Dominion its not surprising you Canadians speak the Kings English. We Americans love Canadians..you are our little brother

Little Brother??

We are bigger and on top... I think that makes America our Bitch!

:hysterical:

• Like 1

Little Brother??

We are bigger and on top... I think that makes America our Bitch!

:hysterical:

I think World History over the past 100 years proves this statement wrong.... Using the little brother analogy again I also would kick anyones ass who messed with him so..That aside Canadians have fought and died beside Americans for the past century in many conflicts(In Afghanistan now)...We stick together

• Like 1

I think World History over the past 100 years proves this statement wrong.... Using the little brother analogy again I also would kick anyones ass who messed with him so..That aside Canadians have fought and died beside Americans for the past century in many conflicts(In Afghanistan now)...We stick together

Too bad Nova Scotia wasn't the Fourteenth Colony in the Revolutionary War. We wanted the Redcoats out as much as you did, but the Halifax Citadel was too strong. Now we are going to have King Charles II's ugly mug on our money. I could puke. The "Loyalists" came in 1783, and my great-great-great-great grand-father was booted off his land for being American-born, and his land was given to the Loyalists. The Redcoats scalped my Aboriginal ancestors for bounty money. I don't have any love for the English.

Edited by Trimdingman

Too bad Nova Scotia wasn't the Fourteenth Colony in the Revolutionary War. We wanted the Redcoats out as much as you did, but the Halifax Citadel was too strong. Now we are going to have King Charles II's ugly mug on our money. I could puke. The "Loyalists" came in 1783, and my great-great-great-great grand-father was booted off his land for being American-born, and his land was given to the Loyalists. The Redcoats scalped my Aboriginal ancestors for bounty money. I don't have any love for the English.

Trim

I am sure the member who started this thread was looking for info on canadian locations for possible transfer.

You are not helping anyone here with your senseless commentary.

Please read the the topic header and if able to add anything anyone can use please do so.

Other than that you are an inconvieniance and reply just to get a reaction.

I am sure you are bright and able to add constructive info pertaining to the topic if able.

Please reply to the topic.

Trim

I am sure the member who started this thread was looking for info on canadian locations for possible transfer.

Please read the the topic header and if able to add anything anyone can use please do so.

I am sure you are bright and able to add constructive info pertaining to the topic if able.

Who made you pope of this thread? How about shut up?

• Like 1

Trim

Did I strike a nerve? Too bad. I am an American and proud of it. Look at a map. Is Canada part of America or Europe? European invaders brought us nothing but grief. They brought their stupid system of government which has bankrupted us. They brought their crazy religions, which have turned many of us into mindless zombies. They brought their wars here, which have brutalized and divided us. The only thing preventing Canadians from coming together is the British Commonwealth. The official head of state of Canada is from the country that committed genocide here. Why?