KCAP

pointy

The majority of the investment is for the flex body shop right ?

Correct me if I am wrong.

If I am not , then the company is doing nothing more than what they where obligated to per the 2007 CBA right ?

Cheers to KCAP , and ill drink one to hopeing for more investments that get fullfilled come the 2011 CBA.

A half of a billion dollars translates into a complete brand new factory.

A half of a billion dollars equates to 3 brand new body shops

I think the UAW was successful in gaining investment way beyond what the 2007 agreement called for....

Good Luck KCAP........... We are all jealous....... And happy for ya'll

I and MANY others do NOT agree with Sprinter's negative response on here. Like posted on another thread; 99.999% of the people (.001 being sprinter) are very, VERY proud and happy and relieved that Ford made the announcement to invest almost HALF of a BILLION DOLLARS at KCAP!! Not only are the workers GRATEFUL, both Hourly and Salary, but so are the local businesses and governments. Yes Louie, I myself, do truly believe we have been blessed here in Kansas City by the announcement, yes, there are most definitely other things going on in the world but we are still a part of the same world, our issues may not be as big as some BUT.... And I do appreciate all of the hard work done by our workforce, the Union Representatives, the Management here, our local state representatives to get legislation passed so Ford can recieve incentives for the investment here. And my wishes and prayers are for the other plants and locals to recieve the same news we have here.

What makes you think I'm not happy about Ford spending money at KCAP? But lets get real here. What ever Ford brings to this plant, if it doesn't sell like the Escape, THERE WILL BE A LAYOFF. Did Ford sign in writing everyone is going to stay for the new vehicle? NO. If you are low seniority, you better consider the option of going to LAP really hard. Now Louie doesn't want to see ex KCAP workers down at his plant, which is pretty obvious. But with the high unemployment rate, passing on a sure job might not be in your best interest. And what Ford does with the Escape and new vehicle, has zero bearing on me.

What makes you think I'm not happy about Ford spending money at KCAP? But lets get real here. What ever Ford brings to this plant, if it doesn't sell like the Escape, THERE WILL BE A LAYOFF. Did Ford sign in writing everyone is going to stay for the new vehicle? NO. If you are low seniority, you better consider the option of going to LAP really hard. Now Louie doesn't want to see ex KCAP workers down at his plant, which is pretty obvious. But with the high unemployment rate, passing on a sure job might not be in your best interest. And what Ford does with the Escape and new vehicle, has zero bearing on me.

if you think your going to be better off at lap , than take your stupid ass there. then you will be crying wishing you were back at kcap. only ones benefiting from moving to lap would be the ex aap,nap and ngp employes to get closer to their home

New paint shop, new sealer line and flex body shop are the major upgrades.

Good and bad to hear, while i know 450 million is not a new factory (DTP newest NA factory 2.1 billion, without a new paint shop). Further invest over what was required is always good news, usually means some longevity.

The downside; "new flex body shop" means about a third of the workforce required in that department alone.

Eitherway I wish the best for all at KCAP and throughout Ford.

spinter go cry in your beer you sound like another fucking crybaby transplant

mad because KCAP gets another new product

why does everyone hate KCAP answer is there jealous :happy feet:

Watch the sales numbers of the escape when the hillbillies start building them going

down down down :hysterical: like the explorer after it got pulled out of st. louis 375,000 a year to 50,000 a year :hysterical:

Edited by uawxlt

Watch the sales numbers of the escape when the hillbillies start building them going

down down down :hysterical: like the explorer after it got pulled out of st. louis 375,000 a year to 50,000 a year :hysterical:

hillbillies? I am a transplant that arrived at LAP in 2005. The Work force here is highly motivated and caring about the quality of the vehicle they produce. In no way were we responsible for the reduction in sales of the explorer. High gas prices and a stale platform seem to be the main cause and effect. Use of vulgar language in communicating with a fellow union brother is uncalled for. I am not against one expressing his/her opinion. This is an open forum for such. But swearing, name calling and making false accusations truly shows what an uninformed, uneducated, social misfit you are. Hopefully you are not a true representative of your workforce. Ford employees log on to this site to seek information, share ideas, and communicate with friends whom have been forced to relocate. You have been reported, and hopefully you will either be banned, or forced to be a mature, responsible member

AGAIN, Ford has signed an agreement to maintain the current employment at KCAP!!! If a product doesn't sell well, naturally there can be layoffs. We've all been in this industry long enough to understand that. Why do you insist on pointing out the obvious? Move on!!

Quit being an idiot. You show your ignorance first through not being able to spell and punctuate a sentence correctly and then spout nonsense. No one hates KCAP and the sales of the Explorer had nothing to do with St. Louis closing. LAP will build a fine vehicle and the sales of the Escape will not be dictated by where it is built.

Edited by Twincam Harley

AGAIN, Ford has signed an agreement to maintain the current employment at KCAP!!! If a product doesn't sell well, naturally there can be layoffs. We've all been in this industry long enough to understand that. Why do you insist on pointing out the obvious? Move on!!

Quit being an idiot. You show your ignorance first through not being able to spell and punctuate a sentence correctly and then spout nonsense. No one hates KCAP and the sales of the Explorer had nothing to do with St. Louis closing. LAP will build a fine vehicle and the sales of the Escape will not be dictated by where it is built.

good post harley , work safe

hillbillies? I am a transplant that arrived at LAP in 2005. The Work force here is highly motivated and caring about the quality of the vehicle they produce. In no way were we responsible for the reduction in sales of the explorer. High gas prices and a stale platform seem to be the main cause and effect. Use of vulgar language in communicating with a fellow union brother is uncalled for. I am not against one expressing his/her opinion. This is an open forum for such. But swearing, name calling and making false accusations truly shows what an uninformed, uneducated, social misfit you are. Hopefully you are not a true representative of your workforce. Ford employees log on to this site to seek information, share ideas, and communicate with friends whom have been forced to relocate. You have been reported, and hopefully you will either be banned, or forced to be a mature, responsible member

:hysterical: a crybaby transplant don't worry missouri hillbillies blend well with kentucky hillbillies

• Like 1

what do you think harvard graduates are building the best cars and trucks in the world

no uneducated idiots like me are :hysterical:

remember asshole the same people that got you the wages and benefits you enjoy today was considered uniformed uneducated social misfits oops i forgot to punctuate my sentance maybe misspleeled a word or too :hysterical:

:happy feet:

oh i don't know what swearing means please tell me what that means

Edited by uawxlt

what do you think harvard graduates are building the best cars and trucks in the world

no uneducated idiots like me are :hysterical:

remember asshole the same people that got you the wages and benefits you enjoy today was considered uniformed uneducated social misfits oops i forgot to punctuate my sentance maybe misspleeled a word or too :hysterical:

:happy feet:

oh i don't know what swearing means please tell me what that means

I bet you have a lot of friends.........not.

Hillbilly!!! You know back a few years ago my Dad (God rest his Soul '34-'08 Ret. Ford UAW 1993) from the 'Bootheel' of Missouri and my Uncle (ret Bendix UAW '95) from southwest Michigan, got into an argument about hillbillies. My dad made my uncle go fetch a Merriam-Webster Dictionary and made him look up the definition of 'HILLBILLY'. Now since then the definition has been updated or re-defined, but if you can find an older version of it, it defines hillbilly as a Michigan Farmer. Needless to say my uncle had nothing to say!! So unless you're from Michigan and moved to Missouri or Kentucky - YOU AIN'T NO HILLBILLY! lol!

Sprinter, what makes me think you're not happy? maybe it's your posts! Really? You got the whole plant all laid off and they haven't even announced the product yet, it's still speculation until the official word comes out although the Transit seems to be main topic of discussion amoung the KCAP people I've talked to at work and on here.

I don't think you're a transplant, i think you are original KCAP folk, which is fine, because I have met and now I know some of the GREATEST people in the world at KCAP that DON'T FEEL LIKE YOU, but let me tell you somethin':

I don't know if when you get off work you go home and watch the news or not, I don't know if you read the paper or not and I don't know if you look at any news websites while you sit in front of your computer screen or not, but it seems to me you are very clueless as to what is REALLY going on in the world. For ANY Corporation to be spending ANY sizable amount of money in or on a certain work site is GOOD NEWS!!! despite whatever kind of negativity you want to try to stick to it!! You sound like a very ungrateful, spoiled brat! Why would I say that? Because you haven't LISTENED apparently to ONE WORD to any of the transferees that are in KCAP tell you about what it's like to close a plant, transfer away from home and pull up your roots to try and start somewhere else, and then the plant you thought was going to be the ray of sunshine for you and your family suddenly starts acting and sounding like the PLANT YOU JUST CLOSED DOWN! I seriously thought we were going to do it AGAIN!! Too much Deja-Vu going on there for a while!!

So when FORD tells me that $400 million plus is going to be spent on and in this plant.... I'M FRIGGGIN' HAPPY!!! and have a really hard time seeing any negativity in it, especially when the agreements between the Missouri Government and Ford state VERY CLEARLY::::::: JOB RETENTION. JOB RETENTION. JOB RETENTION. JOB RETENTION. JOB RETENTION. JOB RETENTION. JOB RETENTION. JOB RETENTION. JOB RETENTION. JOB RETENTION!

Edited by pointy
  • Like 2

Hillbilly!!! You know back a few years ago my Dad (God rest his Soul '34-'08 Ret. Ford UAW 1993) from the 'Bootheel' of Missouri and my Uncle (ret Bendix UAW '95) from southwest Michigan, got into an argument about hillbillies. My dad made my uncle go fetch a Merriam-Webster Dictionary and made him look up the definition of 'HILLBILLY'. Now since then the definition has been updated or re-defined, but if you can find an older version of it, it defines hillbilly as a Michigan Farmer. Needless to say my uncle had nothing to say!! So unless you're from Michigan and moved to Missouri or Kentucky - YOU AIN'T NO HILLBILLY! lol!

Sprinter, what makes me think you're not happy? maybe it's your posts! Really? You got the whole plant all laid off and they haven't even announced the product yet, it's still speculation until the official word comes out although the Transit seems to be main topic of discussion amoung the KCAP people I've talked to at work and on here.

I don't think you're a transplant, i think you are original KCAP folk, which is fine, because I have met and now I know some of the GREATEST people in the world at KCAP that DON'T FEEL LIKE YOU, but let me tell you somethin':

I don't know if when you get off work you go home and watch the news or not, I don't know if you read the paper or not and I don't know if you look at any news websites while you sit in front of your computer screen or not, but it seems to me you are very clueless as to what is REALLY going on in the world. For ANY Corporation to be spending ANY sizable amount of money in or on a certain work site is GOOD NEWS!!! despite whatever kind of negativity you want to try to stick to it!! You sound like a very ungrateful, spoiled brat! Why would I say that? Because you haven't LISTENED apparently to ONE WORD to any of the transferees that are in KCAP tell you about what it's like to close a plant, transfer away from home and pull up your roots to try and start somewhere else, and then the plant you thought was going to be the ray of sunshine for you and your family suddenly starts acting and sounding like the PLANT YOU JUST CLOSED DOWN! I seriously thought we were going to do it AGAIN!! Too much Deja-Vu going on there for a while!!

So when FORD tells me that $400 million plus is going to be spent on and in this plant.... I'M FRIGGGIN' HAPPY!!! and have a really hard time seeing any negativity in it, especially when the agreements between the Missouri Government and Ford state VERY CLEARLY::::::: JOB RETENTION. JOB RETENTION. JOB RETENTION. JOB RETENTION. JOB RETENTION. JOB RETENTION. JOB RETENTION. JOB RETENTION. JOB RETENTION. JOB RETENTION!

Congrats to KCAP UAW Members, IUAW, Local UAW for hard work and dedication on getting this investment over and above what was negotiated in 2007.....

• Like 1

I bet you have a lot of friends.........not.

No I don't have alot of friends :happy feet: at Ford

If you work with so called friends its hard to be a union rep

First time they want a favor and you can't deliver there not your friend and your a piece of shite

so asshole get it right some of us do not want friends we want the contract inforced and equal treatment for all the members

friends or ........NOT

• Like 1

No I don't have alot of friends :happy feet: at Ford

If you work with so called friends its hard to be a union rep

First time they want a favor and you can't deliver there not your friend and your a piece of shite

so asshole get it right some of us do not want friends we want the contract inforced and equal treatment for all the members

friends or ........NOT

WHAT COLUMN # DO YOU YOU WORK AT? i WOULD REALLY LIKE TO COME MEET YOUR DILLWEED ASS! YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

Congrats to KCAP UAW Members, IUAW, Local UAW for hard work and dedication on getting this investment over and above what was negotiated in 2007.....

Thanks "louie", I think everyone needs to remember everyone is contributing to the success of Ford right now, not plant against plant. I am glad to see Ford spending money in NA for a change.