No Engines for a week?

nemosdad

I've been trying to glean some info on the eco-boost and found some troublesome news. Detroit News has just reported that both V-6's have parts shortages and DAP will be down for a week. This is in addition to the 5.0 shortage that is shutting that plant down. Supposedly also for a week. Not sure how they came up with the time frame. I'm starting to get itchy here. I ordered my truck in November. I think I may be going to get my deposit back and re-think my new truck plans.

I feel sorry for everyone that's going to be out of work because of a management screw-up. Wonder what's really going on...I'd love for a little more info from some of the workers.

Cheers.

I've been trying to glean some info on the eco-boost and found some troublesome news. Detroit News has just reported that both V-6's have parts shortages and DAP will be down for a week. This is in addition to the 5.0 shortage that is shutting that plant down. Supposedly also for a week. Not sure how they came up with the time frame. I'm starting to get itchy here. I ordered my truck in November. I think I may be going to get my deposit back and re-think my new truck plans.

I feel sorry for everyone that's going to be out of work because of a management screw-up. Wonder what's really going on...I'd love for a little more info from some of the workers.

Cheers.

The best decision u could make would be to wait until about sept., let them get the kinks worked out of these new engines, ford is having a real rocky launch with the new engines....

Hey Nemo.. was your truck built at Dearborn? If so, what were the last 5 digits of your VIN? I'm not sure, but I think that's production sequence. Mine is 70710 and was scheduled to be built this week (of the 24th). However, it looks like I'm pushed back another week. I'm getting antsy too because I'm afraid my incentives will expire before I get delivery.

My sequence is A52863. I'm still trying to figure out how to get a snapshot of the sticker. The website I tried said they could not find vin. I'll keep checking around. I'll just phone Ford of Canada if I can't figure it out.

I'm assuming Dearborn. Hope I'm not putting my foot in my mouth but I believe they are the only plant that has production actually going for the eco-boost.

Nemo's my son. I'm Scott. Nice to meet you!

Edited by nemosdad

My sequence is A52863. I'm still trying to figure out how to get a snapshot of the sticker. The website I tried said they could not find vin. I'll keep checking around. I'll just phone Ford of Canada if I can't figure it out.

I'm assuming Dearborn. Hope I'm not putting my foot in my mouth but I believe they are the only plant that has production actually going for the eco-boost.

Nemo's my son. I'm Scott. Nice to meet you!

Hey Scott:

Try this link...

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

At the end, replace the X's with your VIN

That should get you a pdf copy.

Looks like a bad week to try and buy an F-150. There's nothing in locals dealer's stock to match what I want (FX4 SCrew with 6.5 bed, fabric with Plus and rear view camera OR leather, and *no* 20" wheels), and now nothing new is coming in. There were a few FX4s in my region that were pretty close to what I wanted, but they disappeared over the weekend and I would have to buy a moonroof and those blasted 20s if i wanted an FX4 now. (I'd rather not order one as I need it by the end of March, plus i have a coupon that expires mid-March.)

I guess I can just hope that the February rebates match January's.

I sure hope so! You know what they say about a truck built on Monday or Friday! I'll take a Thursday build. When the truck comes in, I'll take some photo's of the rear springs and what not. I was surprised to see upgraded shocks added to the build. Didn't see that in the build form. I couldn't get a straight answer if the payload upgrade came with an extra leaf. Seems to be conflicting info on the web as well. Does anyone know how many lugs the 18's and payload with max towing (same thing?) have?

In response to rebates..when I put down deposit the rebates here (BC) were $5000.00 manufacturer rebate. In December the rebates went up to $6000.00 plus Costco @ $1000.00 plus $1500.00 for financing through Ford. Keep in mind though that Ford has to offer these incentives at such a high rate to compensate for the artificially high price on Canadian vehicles. The dollar (US) has pretty much been in lock step with the Can. dollar at par for a while now. I guess more accurately the Can dollar has been in lock step with the US dollar.

In response to rebates..when I put down deposit the rebates here (BC) were $5000.00 manufacturer rebate. In December the rebates went up to $6000.00 plus Costco @ $1000.00 plus $1500.00 for financing through Ford. Keep in mind though that Ford has to offer these incentives at such a high rate to compensate for the artificially high price on Canadian vehicles. The dollar (US) has pretty much been in lock step with the Can. dollar at par for a while now. I guess more accurately the Can dollar has been in lock step with the US dollar.

Also keep in mind that in Canada you get the choice of incentives when you order or when you take delivery. In the U.S. you only get the incentives in effect when you take delivery.

The best decision u could make would be to wait until about sept., let them get the kinks worked out of these new engines, ford is having a real rocky launch with the new engines....

I think that this shows that Ford is concerned first and foremost with building a quality truck. That's OK with me, even if I have to wait. IMHO

Also keep in mind that in Canada you get the choice of incentives when you order or when you take delivery. In the U.S. you only get the incentives in effect when you take delivery.

Even more so. I'm able to pick any incentive that happens along the way. Meaning that I qualify for the superb December rebates. Not just the already impressive November deals. When I talked to my dealer about changing my purchase date to Dec. he told me the dealer can offer this rebate without changing the date of purchase. So I told him to put it in writing. And the service manager did. The costco rebate seems to be specific to the time of actual possession. I will double check that though.

Edit. Did some checking with Ford Canada. My info is wrong, this is not their policy.

Edited by nemosdad

Very likely that would be even better yet, if a person does a little reading on these forums by the folks building these trucks it looks to me like waiting is the best option.. IMO

I can't help but agree. Unfortunately, for me waiting is not an option. I need my truck to be purchased by x date for the tax write off. If the truck wasn't going to come in by Sept. than I would have needed to alter my plans. I might have had to go with the 5

0 (not that's there's any thing wrong with it, just not what i wanted)

I promise to keep everyone updated with durability, mileage and opinions throughout the process (for anyone interested), but considering I'm replacing a 97 4.6, you might want to take my opinions with a grain of salt.

I can't help but agree. Unfortunately, for me waiting is not an option. I need my truck to be purchased by x date for the tax write off. If the truck wasn't going to come in by Sept. than I would have needed to alter my plans. I might have had to go with the 5

0 (not that's there's any thing wrong with it, just not what i wanted)

I promise to keep everyone updated with durability, mileage and opinions throughout the process (for anyone interested), but considering I'm replacing a 97 4.6, you might want to take my opinions with a grain of salt.

U R kind of caught with a dilema, sure hope it works out for u, I had to be the first one to have a 04 5.4 and I should have waited Iknew better and I had plenty of issues so I will be waiting for at least a year to trade, I would like to have the 5.0. Good luck....

I sure hope so! You know what they say about a truck built on Monday or Friday! I'll take a Thursday build.

That is a stupid saying, considering Dearborn builds them 7 days a week.

And, we may not be out of the woods yet. The storage lots are filling up around the plant. Weird considering the assembly plant isn't running.

Also, we are hearing we may be shut down another week. Still having engine sourcing problems.