What about a hybrid Edge

Byrdman

I never suggest as much, a new body would be great. Hell style it after the dame 2008-2012 escapes and it would make a pretty sweet little truck, otherwise they could go a similar route as the new global ranger.

You're talking about an entirely new Ranger then. I think that would sell better than the current one regardless of whether or not it offered a hybrid powertrain.

If I remember correctly at the Detroit Auto Show where the new 3.5 V6 was introduced, Ford did say the engine was designed with hybrid application in mind. And Ford also said it was going to do an Edge Hybrid over two years ago, but somehow that plan got pushed aside. I suspect Ford just decided to do EB instead. Maybe the costs were too high and Ford felt EB offered more bang for the buck.

They decided to build an all electric focus and transit connect plus a c-max hybrid and plug-in hybrid. That's where they got more bang for the buck over a hybrid midized crossover.

Edited by akirby