When is VIN available after order is placed?

mikesxpress

Well it seems that something is happening with your truck, that is promising; Mine on the other hand is still in the order processing stage; Been there for over 8 weeks

Don't have a vin # yet. When I spoke with CS last week they told me my order was updated on 4/15/11. So what has happened in the last month? How often do they update order statuses?

Cranfam:

How often do they update? The dealer has someone assigned to track orders. That person can run a daily update. They can find out exactly what the status is daily, as it progresses through the process, from the time they place the order, to the scheduled build date, through assembly, transport ... even what railcar it's on, and ETA on delivery.

Edited by Dedonut

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have u heard anything on your truck i came very close to ordering that color my self i got the supercab good luck

Another week has gone by and I still haven't heard anything in regards to a VIN#. Ordered March 23rd and still nothing. Not really sure what's up. I just hope I get it before my $750 coupon expires at the end of the month.

Another week has gone by and I still haven't heard anything in regards to a VIN#. Ordered March 23rd and still nothing. Not really sure what's up. I just hope I get it before my $750 coupon expires at the end of the month.

have u called your dealer to see what info he has

• 3 weeks later...

Lucky!! I ordered mine on March 23rd and still no VIN#. Ordered a supercrew FX4 / sterling grey metallic / 20" wheels / FX luxury / sony sound system / 5.5' box / 3.73 gearing / running boards.

The hardest part is waiting.

I ordered my F150 Platinum / sterling grey metallic/ Max towing/ Sony nav and moonroof on April 18th.

The dealer told me the build date is this week but hasn't given me a VIN yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Dealer placed my order on June 3 finally got a VIN today. Reason for delay was the navigation otherwise my dealer said 10-12 weeks for the truck to be delivered. From the research I did it all depends on how many allocations your dealer gets and your order configuration.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Help!!!!

I've been to both of these website with my vin and I keep getting error messages. Am I missing something in the link? I got my vin from the dealer on 10/25/11.

Here are the 2 links I'm trying:

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1ftfw1ef2ckd15872 (error message: page not found)

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ftfw1ef2ckd15872 (error message: file does not begin with %PDF)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I would love to know the build date.

Help!!!!

I've been to both of these website with my vin and I keep getting error messages. Am I missing something in the link? I got my vin from the dealer on 10/25/11.

Here are the 2 links I'm trying:

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1ftfw1ef2ckd15872 (error message: page not found)

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ftfw1ef2ckd15872 (error message: file does not begin with %PDF)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I would love to know the build date.

try this put your vin at the end http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=

Morning Winterfrost,

Still no go with that link. That is the same link as #2 I have listed. Do you think maybe the window sticker isn't available yet?

Here is the link that you sent me that I tried this morning that i tried yesterday: http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ftfw1ef2ckd15872 (same error message: file does not begin with %PDF).

I tried that same link with my vin ordered on 9/29 with a build date of 11/28 and get the same message, but tried it with a known 11/03 build that my dealer has on order and it shows. So I guess that our vin's that aren't close to build date just aren't available yet and since there is no PDF file yet , that what the message is telling us. Just have to keep trying it.

Mickeycrazie

When did you order and what is your build date?

I ordered 9/29 and received a build date of 11/28 so I hope to see my window sticker the week of the 14th, but I still try every day just hoping.

After we receive our trucks, this waiting will seem irrelevant.

Edited by garyrox

Mickeycrazie

When did you order and what is your build date?

I ordered 9/29 and received a build date of 11/28 so I hope to see my window sticker the week of the 4th, but I still try every day just hoping.

After we receive our trucks, this waiting will seem irrelevant.

on my sticker of my truck it was available 3 days before they built it

Garyrox,

I ordered the truck on 9/20/11. Maybe mine will be built the week before yours. Yeah the waiting will be irrevelant, but until then i'll keep biting my fingernails. :)

Winterfrost,

So maybe in a few weeks the sticker will be out there for me to see. Don't know the build date yet. I'll just keep on checking for that window sticker to get that build date.

Thanks for all the moral support.

• 2 weeks later...

My window sticker showed up today, scheduled to be built in 10 days on the 28th of November. relieved to see sticker is exactly as ordered, although I've only read one thread where the order was reported as wrong. Ramp one is listed as CA1P and method of Transp. is "CONVOY. I'm guessing that means truck not train? From Kansas City to Arizona. Now comes the hard part-waiting

My window sticker showed up today, scheduled to be built in 10 days on the 28th of November. relieved to see sticker is exactly as ordered, although I've only read one thread where the order was reported as wrong. Ramp one is listed as CA1P and method of Transp. is "CONVOY. I'm guessing that means truck not train? From Kansas City to Arizona. Now comes the hard part-waiting

pretty sure convoy is railcar