2012 Mustangs

dhanulec

Did you actually talk to a person? The guy on the Raptor forums said to just use the prompts because they may lock it down if people start calling and talking to a person. I just called and mine is in Benton as of 8:07pm. These updates are very updated. At 6:51pm it was leaving Salem.

I called 1-800-235-2352

Hit 1 for location

Spoke ETTX

Then typed in on the phone the 6 digits railcar number. Spoke Done. Then it tells you the location last recorded.

So once we get the cars, we need to meet at one of these local car shows.

Just tried that number... railcar just left Pontiac, Mi. at 10:09 pm ET. This is awesome for updates. Thanks.

It's so funny you should say that. I wanted one more Mustang--this is number 4--getting all the bells and whistles and will be paying cash. My dealer has been giving me the run around and not telling me Mustangs are having issues with delivery. It's been on order now for nearly 3 months. At first, I was told 6-8 weeks--reliably. Now, I have a vin, and I've found a window sticker online--but I have a feeling I can't trust the delivery date they gave me. I could not figure out when someone spends this kind of money on a car why the dealer will not call me back with dates. The reason is because all of this hold stuff is going on. I wish they would have just been honest about it.

Seems like the same thing is happening to me. My car should have been here last month and needless to say it wasnt and I cant get a straight answer on the status.

My car is sitting in Battle Creek, Mi. as of 4:44 this morning.

In Transit Arrived at Intermediate Point (Norfolk Southern Corp ) Nsbellevu, OH Jun-04-2011, 15:51 ET.

ETA now Jun-16.

How do you get a rail car number? This is what I was told as per Cyberman the begining of the week. I want to see where it is now.

How do you get a rail car number? This is what I was told as per Cyberman the begining of the week. I want to see where it is now.

Your rail car number is ETTX909697 (Norfolk Southern Corp ), but that doesn't matter now.

In Transit Received - 08z (Allied Systems Ltd )Ramp 41, Newark, NJJun-09-2011, 11:11 ETA Jun-16-2011

Your rail car number is ETTX909697 (Norfolk Southern Corp ), but that doesn't matter now.

In Transit Received - 08z (Allied Systems Ltd )Ramp 41, Newark, NJJun-09-2011, 11:11 ETA Jun-16-2011

LOL, I just called Allied with the VIN and thats what they told me !!!!! :happy feet:

For other people call 404-373-4285 with the last 8 digits of the VIN and they will track your car.

Now that mine is in Newark I hope to see it sooner then the 16th but wishful thinking I guess.

Guess I cant go pick it up from the shipping yard in Newark or at least go see it?

Edited by blownblu03

My car is sitting in Battle Creek, Mi. as of 4:44 this morning.

I found that once it made it to Salem, IL, getting to Houston (Westfield) was fast. Mine has been here since yesterday at 10:21am. Talked to the dealer. They said that they should have it first thing monday, so hopefully after work on Monday, I will go pick it up.

The Red Candy didn't have the upcharge because of the metallic flake. It has an upcharge, from my understanding, because it requires a two step paint process. The Tuxedo Black had the same flake but never had an extra charge associated with it.

Well I still have nothing from the dealer (Dealer # F71457, order #9999) by way of updates. Any help appreciated ! thanks...

I found that once it made it to Salem, IL, getting to Houston (Westfield) was fast. Mine has been here since yesterday at 10:21am. Talked to the dealer. They said that they should have it first thing monday, so hopefully after work on Monday, I will go pick it up.

That is great news. Mine is right behind yours. Update from this morning said it was last in Brinkley, Arkansas. ETA to Westfield is 1:29 pm 06/13/11. I'm actually getting excited. :lol:

Dissapointing, to say the least. Thank you for the update .....

You might want to try a different dealer or do a search for a comparable car. It seems to me that your dealer has no allocation, or it could be the color you've chosen. I did notice that your dealer had a stock order built after your retail order was submitted. Your order was submitted March 28th and the stock order was submitted April 18th. The stock order is currently waiting to be shipped from the plant.

I honestly don't know what to tell you other than I think Ford's ordering system sucks. Retail orders should always be built in front of stock orders, allocation be dammed.

That is great news. Mine is right behind yours. Update from this morning said it was last in Brinkley, Arkansas. ETA to Westfield is 1:29 pm 06/13/11. I'm actually getting excited. :lol:

Well, my car was suppose to be at the dealer today, but they delayed the car hauler. The dealer said it will be there before 1pm tomorrow. We will see. It is hard to get excited, but hopefully tomorrow.

My friend at the dealer is doing the PDI on the car and I have certain things I told him to skip on. No front plates drilled into the front bumper. Put Nitrogen in the tires. Leave the plastic on inside and out. Top off the fluid and check the car out mechanically. Don't send it over to Make Ready, leave it dirty, no washing with dirty cloths and no Armorall on the dash. Then hopefully tomorrow night I will spend some quality time with my new baby washing and cleaning the rail dust off.

I will post up when I get it.

So I'm in Cypress, where are you? You interested in a photoshoot once we both get the cars? Photography is a hobby of mine and I'm always looking to shoot different cars to build my portfolio. Here is my site.

My Site

Well, my car was suppose to be at the dealer today, but they delayed the car hauler. The dealer said it will be there before 1pm tomorrow. We will see. It is hard to get excited, but hopefully tomorrow.

My friend at the dealer is doing the PDI on the car and I have certain things I told him to skip on. No front plates drilled into the front bumper. Put Nitrogen in the tires. Leave the plastic on inside and out. Top off the fluid and check the car out mechanically. Don't send it over to Make Ready, leave it dirty, no washing with dirty cloths and no Armorall on the dash. Then hopefully tomorrow night I will spend some quality time with my new baby washing and cleaning the rail dust off.

I will post up when I get it.

So I'm in Cypress, where are you? You interested in a photoshoot once we both get the cars? Photography is a hobby of mine and I'm always looking to shoot different cars to build my portfolio. Here is my site.

My Site

I just called that Union Pacific # at about 6:50 am. It said the railcar mine was on was empty. Maybe they held the carrier up so they could get mine on there too. Today feels like the day.

I live off of FM 1488 & FM 2978 in Magnolia. I'm pretty familiar with the Cypress area and yeah, I wouldn't mind getting a few photos taken of our Stangs.

I need to call my salesman about the PDI on my car. Thanks for reminding me.

I'll get back with you so we can meet up with the cars.

In Transit - Shipped Convoy - Convoy # 82943 (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ramp 41, Newark, NJ Jun-13-2011, 06:00 ET.

I got this yesterday. My question is if the car is only an hour away how does it take 4 days to arrive from when shipped via truck?

Can the truck location be tracked like the train can?

Edited by blownblu03

I got this yesterday. My question is if the car is only an hour away how does it take 4 days to arrive from when shipped via truck?

Can the truck location be tracked like the train can?

Truck can't be tracked. My wife's Escape took 6 days to be delivered from the truck shippers less than a 1/2 hour away from the dealership. Don't think logically, you won't wont get anywhere with it. Nothing about transportation is logical.

I just called that Union Pacific # at about 6:50 am. It said the railcar mine was on was empty. Maybe they held the carrier up so they could get mine on there too. Today feels like the day.

I live off of FM 1488 & FM 2978 in Magnolia. I'm pretty familiar with the Cypress area and yeah, I wouldn't mind getting a few photos taken of our Stangs.

I need to call my salesman about the PDI on my car. Thanks for reminding me.

I'll get back with you so we can meet up with the cars.

Another evening and I'm without a new car. Dealer said that the normal delivery truck company is on strike and that they are using 3 car haulers to deliver to the dealers. Still don't know when I will get it. They said hopefully tomorrow. It sucks knowing the car has been in Houston since last thursday. The dealer could have done a dealer trade with any other dealer in the US in 6 days.

Another evening and I'm without a new car. Dealer said that the normal delivery truck company is on strike and that they are using 3 car haulers to deliver to the dealers. Still don't know when I will get it. They said hopefully tomorrow. It sucks knowing the car has been in Houston since last thursday. The dealer could have done a dealer trade with any other dealer in the US in 6 days.

It sounds like a lot of bullstuff to me. It's a very discouraging feeling when nobody on the Ford end does anything to try and make their customers happy. Instead, they've done nothing but make excuses and let things ride. I'm going on 18 weeks and I want my car already. I'm disgusted with this whole experience and i'm sure i'll be fine when I actually have it in my possession but as for now there's not anything nice to say.

Well 5:30pm last night the dealer called and said the eagle has landed. I am going to pick her up in an hour!! WOOO FREAKING HOOO almost 6 months to date from ordering it to getting it and one wrecked car during shipping. It has been a long winter/spring but in the end I am sure it will be worth it!!!!

Well 5:30pm last night the dealer called and said the eagle has landed. I am going to pick her up in an hour!! WOOO FREAKING HOOO almost 6 months to date from ordering it to getting it and one wrecked car during shipping. It has been a long winter/spring but in the end I am sure it will be worth it!!!!

I'm glad your nightmare of a wait is coming to an end. I'm right behind you as far as that goes. 15 miles away and who knows when it will get to the dealer. You'd think the dealer would assert themselves more on trying to get our Mustangs for those of us who have been waiting as long as we have.