2012 Mustangs

dhanulec

FYI... While our store is pretty much out of Mustangs with little prospects of getting additional inventory from Ford until June at best I took a look yesterday morning at the Vehicle Locator at did see a lot of Mustang inventory available at other dealers. Not a lot of 2012 Mustang inventory but a LOT of 2011's with a lot of stores having 4-6 2011's in stock which for Connecicut is strong.

So is the 116 day supply of cars due to the number of 2011's in some lots?

Thats funny because I found that car on Autotraderand called about it. The car does not have the 3.73 axle and does have the pedestal wing and hood scoop. I am not a fan of that spoiler and wing.

The best part is I just recieved the VIN# of my car that was ordered so I will be sticking to that. Can anyone track the VIN#1ZVBP8CF2C5213345

I guess my car will be a One-of-a-kind LOL

That's great news for you. I just got an email from my dealer. It goes like this:

Brian, I got this from Ford. No specific timeline in order.

Dear Jorge,

Thank you for your Dealers Ask Ford inquiry. Per the AM Preview report, this order is being held due to allocation availability. The order also shows that there is a supply availability issue for the engine.

This information is available on the AM Preview Scheduling Results Report on FMC Dealer.

I guess what i'm reading is that i'm not looking at getting mine anytime soon as told. Although, i like hearing other people say they got their VIN's and other good updates. Gives me some hope i'll get my Stang before 2012. (Being sarcastic)

That's great news for you. I just got an email from my dealer. It goes like this:

Brian, I got this from Ford. No specific timeline in order.

Dear Jorge,

Thank you for your Dealers Ask Ford inquiry. Per the AM Preview report, this order is being held due to allocation availability. The order also shows that there is a supply availability issue for the engine.

This information is available on the AM Preview Scheduling Results Report on FMC Dealer.

I guess what i'm reading is that i'm not looking at getting mine anytime soon as told. Although, i like hearing other people say they got their VIN's and other good updates. Gives me some hope i'll get my Stang before 2012. (Being sarcastic)

When was you car ordered? Mine was ordered January 20th. I was also told that they are not going to produce any Mustangs for the month of May.

I would figure that you will see your car sometime in June. It is frustrating but will be worth the wait.

When was you car ordered? Mine was ordered January 20th. I was also told that they are not going to produce any Mustangs for the month of May.

I would figure that you will see your car sometime in June. It is frustrating but will be worth the wait.

I went to the dealership on saturday, the 12 of Feb. and placed my order. He told me the order would go out on tuesday, the 15th of Feb.. I've been doing a lot of internet searching and found a few stories about what is affecting production at the Flat Rock assembly plant. I've also read that the plant will be up and running in May. This is the only site where i've heard that. Wish i knew someone on the inside to get the real story. I figure mine won't be in until mid June/maybe July. Oh well, I'll just wait like everyone else here and i will keep posting updates whether or not i here anything.

If in fact the Plant will be producing Mustangs in the month of May, I bet you see it the end of May to the begining of June. Your order was not that far behind mine. Mine is scheduled to begin production on the 14th but I will belive that when I see it. I bet I dont see the car before the middle of May either.

If in fact the Plant will be producing Mustangs in the month of May, I bet you see it the end of May to the begining of June. Your order was not that far behind mine. Mine is scheduled to begin production on the 14th but I will belive that when I see it. I bet I dont see the car before the middle of May either.

Truthfully, I am cautiously thinking mid June but hoping before that. We'll see. Anyways, good luck to you and your order. Mine will be here someday.

• 2 weeks later...

The car was due in on April 29th, at least that's what I think based on the last column of the VVS. If this is the case, I figured I should see some movement from Ramp 51 any time now and sure enough today it shows as:

Origin Received - Tp23 (Autoport Limited) Ramp 5P 07:48

Origin Received - Tp23 (Cassens Transport Co) Ramp 5P 07:20

Not sure what that all means, the ETA that was showing April 29th now shows April 20th, no way it will be here in two days so no sure what the ETA is at this point. Also I figured it would get shipped by rail car to Buffalo and car carrier from there as do most cars do (Mustangs included) to the local dealer.

Again..... Order was accepted 02-14-11. Nothing as of yet. Talked to sales manager yesterday. He sounded very optomistic i would get a VIN today or by next friday. I'm tired of waiting and very frustrated when i see others who ordered theirs in late march/early april already getting their VIN's and such.

Again..... Order was accepted 02-14-11. Nothing as of yet. Talked to sales manager yesterday. He sounded very optomistic i would get a VIN today or by next friday. I'm tired of waiting and very frustrated when i see others who ordered theirs in late march/early april already getting their VIN's and such.

Well I ordered in late January and still not definiate date on teh cars arrivial. I cant even get a straight answer where it is! Nices, a 40k car is floating around out there and no one knows exactly where it is!

My BMW they told me when it was running or not it was so percise and FORD doesnt even know where it is!

I ordered a GT convertible on 3/21, got my VIN on 4/15, still haven't seen the window sticker. The Ford Customer Service rep says my car will be built by 5/5 and delivered to the dealer by 5/15.

After researching how these things work, I picked the largest Ford dealer (based on the number of Mustangs they had for sale when I checked local dealers) near my home to order from. Apparently there is an advantage in doing so, and it seems to have worked in my case.

Well I ordered in late January and still not definiate date on teh cars arrivial. I cant even get a straight answer where it is! Nices, a 40k car is floating around out there and no one knows exactly where it is!

My BMW they told me when it was running or not it was so percise and FORD doesnt even know where it is!

I'm always frustrated when I read messages like this from customers that have placed factory orders for their vehicles and then can't get accurate update information from their dealers. I've wriiten a lot of messages posted here regarding the ordering and scheduling process. Do you have a VIN #? If so, your vehicle is scheduled and your Dealer should be able to give you the latest information available as to production and the expected ETA at the Dealership. If there's no VIN # available then your vehicle has not been scheduled for production yet.

Due to an excess of 2011MY Mustang inventory in stock around the country, there was no wholesale/allocation plan for May Mustang production. Our dealership got two 2012 Mustangs scheduled a few weeks ago that are already in production and have dealership ETA's for mid to late May.

Hope this message helps.

Received the DORA on 3/25 for my 2012 GT. Yesterday my dealer told me if the car is not scheduled by next TUE, it will be likely I will not see the car until AUG !! Also said there is not a shortage of 5.0 engines and the Flat Rock plant is not closed, just production is slowed.... I dunno, fact or hype, but that's the info I got.

Received the DORA on 3/25 for my 2012 GT. Yesterday my dealer told me if the car is not scheduled by next TUE, it will be likely I will not see the car until AUG !! Also said there is not a shortage of 5.0 engines and the Flat Rock plant is not closed, just production is slowed.... I dunno, fact or hype, but that's the info I got.

what has me frustrated is the car has a full VIN and I recieved the window sticker. I was told it was out for shipment and the estimated delivery is Friday the 29th of April. My question is how do they not know exactly where the cars is right now? This is a week out so I would think they would have a more accutate detail of the cars where abouts then just an estimate! The is not a UPS package for $100 bucks, it is a DAM CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont want to know it is shipped, I want to know where exactly my 40K is right now!

what has me frustrated is the car has a full VIN and I recieved the window sticker. I was told it was out for shipment and the estimated delivery is Friday the 29th of April. My question is how do they not know exactly where the cars is right now? This is a week out so I would think they would have a more accutate detail of the cars where abouts then just an estimate! The is not a UPS package for $100 bucks, it is a DAM CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont want to know it is shipped, I want to know where exactly my 40K is right now!

I'd suggest asking your dealer for a copy of the "Vehicle Visibility" report which will show you the complete order history and the most recent update on the vehicle's location.

Well, i got a VIN on friday (04-22-11). The sales manager called me right after he started his shift. Didn't get any other inf from him though. A customer service rep. (Deysha) who is on another forum sent me a message with my build week and also said that the ETA hadn't been updated yet. That is some relief for me. A step closer but i still can't wait to be sitting behind the wheel driving away from the dealership.

Ordered mine on 22 March and got the VIN & delivery date on 22 April. Car is supposed to get here 18 May and I'll be taking delivery the next day. Good news seems to be rolling out and I hope all of you get your good news very soon!

well I just got word that my car is not sitting lingo in Ohio and will not arrive until May 7th. Figures, I was all excited.

Now the FORD itself called me with the update yet the dealer still shows April 29th

WTF is the deal with that?

The dealers Vehicle Visibility reports are updated every Thursday morning. Ford corporate probably has up-to-date information.

The dealers Vehicle Visibility reports are updated every Thursday morning. Ford corporate probably has up-to-date information.

My dealer told me on TUE that he had no notice my car would be on the THUR visibility report and so most likely I will not see the car until late summer.....good grief !

If this was not my retirement car, with all the opitions just the way I want, I think I would just cancel and get off of the Ford bandwagon !

My dealer told me on TUE that he had no notice my car would be on the THUR visibility report and so most likely I will not see the car until late summer.....good grief !

If this was not my retirement car, with all the opitions just the way I want, I think I would just cancel and get off of the Ford bandwagon !

Do you have a copy of your DORA? If so, what does it say your priority is?