2011 Z06 vs. Shelby GT500 vs. 2012 GT-R

Just like how you can build a GT500 to kill a Z06, you can build a GT to kill a GT500. I'd like to see a bolt-on GT vs. GT500 shootout.; get a middle of the road Mustang GT with the 3.73 and Brembos then put on the following items:

Ford Racing Supercharger (525hp or 624hp, your choice)

Ford Racing FR3 Suspension

GT500 wheels and tires

Another interesting comparo would be the GT500 vs a 2011 Roush 5XR.

The Roush comes with a 525 hp supercharged 5.0L, Roush suspension and wheels and Cooper RS3 tires and can be had for under $50k.

I saw those too, freaking gnarly, but I believe one is a back halved car, the others all have different tranny's, rear ends, etc.. The 10sec GT (not anymore, they gutted it and is nowhere near stock anymore) would have been fun to see run against a remotely stock GT500 because it still had the stock tranny and other factory goodies. Set them up for a mix of drag and track, just saying I would have liked to see that.

Another interesting comparo would be the GT500 vs a 2011 Roush 5XR.

The Roush comes with a 525 hp supercharged 5.0L, Roush suspension and wheels and Cooper RS3 tires and can be had for under $50k.

I am dying to hear some real world reviews of the 5XR. Rumor has it the Stage 3 will come with even more hp.

I saw those too, freaking gnarly, but I believe one is a back halved car, the others all have different tranny's, rear ends, etc.. The 10sec GT (not anymore, they gutted it and is nowhere near stock anymore) would have been fun to see run against a remotely stock GT500 because it still had the stock tranny and other factory goodies. Set them up for a mix of drag and track, just saying I would have liked to see that.

A stock blower/stock trans basic bolt-on/pulley/tune GT500 with the level of suspension work, tire, and weight reduction that the 10 second n/a 5.0L benefited from would be high 9s.

In fact, there a bone stock (other than rear tire) '11 GT500s with decent drivers trapping within ~2 mph of that 5.0L. IMO, the GT500 is sorely underestimated, mainly because they are so under-tired from the factory.

A stock blower/stock trans basic bolt-on/pulley/tune GT500 with the level of suspension work, tire, and weight reduction that the 10 second n/a 5.0L benefited from would be high 9s.

In fact, there a bone stock (other than rear tire) '11 GT500s with decent drivers trapping within ~2 mph of that 5.0L. IMO, the GT500 is sorely underestimated, mainly because they are so under-tired from the factory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntviBTjqYRA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

11.35 at 121mph, stock with slicks.