Inflatable seatbelts

So my salesman said he had an email that he'd show me if I wanted that said the inflatable seatbelts were canceled for 2011. Anybody know whether this is true or not (I didn't ask to see it). I just did a google search and on explorerforum.com, I read that they will be available 3/1/11.

Any solid info on this? My order is placed but no vin yet.. if it's available on 3/1/11, I want to get it added.

Thanks

So my salesman said he had an email that he'd show me if I wanted that said the inflatable seatbelts were canceled for 2011. Anybody know whether this is true or not (I didn't ask to see it). I just did a google search and on explorerforum.com, I read that they will be available 3/1/11.

Any solid info on this? My order is placed but no vin yet.. if it's available on 3/1/11, I want to get it added.

Thanks

No "solid" information, but when my dealer asked last month, he told me Ford said not before May.

This really pisses me off. I was told by dealership, who contacted Ford that the seatbelts would not be in production until May. How can you tell when the build date is on the window sticker? I was only able to print my Window Sticker today, and it mentions a 2.23 date just as yours does.

This really pisses me off. I was told by dealership, who contacted Ford that the seatbelts would not be in production until May. How can you tell when the build date is on the window sticker? I was only able to print my Window Sticker today, and it mentions a 2.23 date just as yours does.

If you look at the top left of the sticker posted in this thread, you will see "120110302"

Ignore the first number and you have year, month, day format.

Edited by blwnsmoke

Brought the window sticker in to my dealer, talked with a sales manager... to make a long story short, he said that once Ford pulls the order, you can't change it. He then went into the system and said it has a VIN so there is no way to add it. Then he went into the order and was shocked that it let him add the inflatable belts on to my order. My order now shows "pending plan approval" so the plant has to approve the change. He felt there was a good chance that they will approve it because it's a minor feature, not like it's color or drivetrain etc. So he gave me the VIN, window sticker doesn't show up online yet so I'll be tracking it that way to see if the belts get added once the window sticker shows.

Brought the window sticker in to my dealer, talked with a sales manager... to make a long story short, he said that once Ford pulls the order, you can't change it. He then went into the system and said it has a VIN so there is no way to add it. Then he went into the order and was shocked that it let him add the inflatable belts on to my order. My order now shows "pending plan approval" so the plant has to approve the change. He felt there was a good chance that they will approve it because it's a minor feature, not like it's color or drivetrain etc. So he gave me the VIN, window sticker doesn't show up online yet so I'll be tracking it that way to see if the belts get added once the window sticker shows.

I mentioned this to my dealer and he mentioned only 3% of Explorers with a seatbelt order will get the seat belt installed pending parts. This is based off a portion of a memo he received today. I hope this is not the case, but I didn't want to take a chance and further delay my delivery date (ETA 3.21). Other option was to reorder which is not an option at this time. Us know how things go for you.

I mentioned this to my dealer and he mentioned only 3% of Explorers with a seatbelt order will get the seat belt installed pending parts. This is based off a portion of a memo he received today. I hope this is not the case, but I didn't want to take a chance and further delay my delivery date (ETA 3.21). Other option was to reorder which is not an option at this time. Us know how things go for you.

3% sounds awfully low considering this is a feature Ford is advertising on the front of the explorer page on ford.com. If that is true, that is rediculous to me.. For $166+, it's a bargain for the extra safety for kids.

I keep checking daily to see if my window sticker is available, I figured I'd just go by that and see if it pops up or not instead of hounding my dealer.

I should have clarified better. What he suggested was that only 3% of early requests would get the seatbelt. I'm sure later builds would get it immediately as inventory improved. Again, I'm reiterating what the dealer mentioned, which may or may not be accurate! I hope you get yours as soon as possible. I really wanted the belts, but three kids in a row in a 2008 Saturn Vue is driving us crazy!

• 2 weeks later...

Very very exxcited!!! Was able to pull my window sticker up today finally with a build date of 3/17. The inflatable seatbelts are on the sticker so the plant approved the modification.. I'm quite shocked being I requested it 3 weeks after Ford pulled the order.

Great Job Ford!!!

I'll have a St, Patty's day built Explorer.

Very very exxcited!!! Was able to pull my window sticker up today finally with a build date of 3/17. The inflatable seatbelts are on the sticker so the plant approved the modification.. I'm quite shocked being I requested it 3 weeks after Ford pulled the order.

Great Job Ford!!!

I'll have a St, Patty's day built Explorer.

When I ordered on 8/10/10, I read the inflatable seatbelts as well as some of the 302A options were going to be delayed in 2011. That's why I didn't order those things. I now have ~1,500 miles on my Explorer and can say this is one hell of a great vehicle and the best ride I've ever seen.

When I ordered on 8/10/10, I read the inflatable seatbelts as well as some of the 302A options were going to be delayed in 2011. That's why I didn't order those things. I now have ~1,500 miles on my Explorer and can say this is one hell of a great vehicle and the best ride I've ever seen.

I cant wait!!! Ive yet to see one on the road so it will be nice to be semi exclusive for a while. Only thing I wish it had was the 3.5eco.. was torn between the flex eco and Ex. I went with the Ex because of the latest technology. Didnt want to wait to see if the flex was going to have the myfordtouch in it for 2012.