Profit Sharing Multiplier

dtp_b-rad

should we be worried ?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Are we gonna get the bone

Is anyone else nervous that ford has NOT announced the profit sharing multiplier. The number you use to figure out what your profit sharing check will be. I think it was supposed to be announced this past friday. not a good sign......

It is what it is. Knowing in advance won't change my check. The only thing I know is that it will be more than the "average" check due to all the overtime I worked.

• Like 2

There is way too much mystery surrounding a contractual obligation. Once the amount of "profit" is determined, we should very easily be able to figure out how much we can expect...

Is anyone else nervous that ford has NOT announced the profit sharing multiplier. The number you use to figure out what your profit sharing check will be. I think it was supposed to be announced this past friday. not a good sign......

• Like 2

There is way too much mystery surrounding a contractual obligation. Once the amount of "profit" is determined, we should very easily be able to figure out how much we can expect...

Nick Kottalis happened to be walking around our plant on Friday.... I asked him why it had not been released, and this was his response:

"They needed another business day to figure it out... my guess is they are trying to cheat us out of whatever they can..." Well, this business day has come and gone, and still no % factor.

A simple plug into Excel of the formula would determine the numbers in less than 20 minutes. It has been a month since 2010 financials came out, and we still don't have the percentage factor yet? Something is not right here.

Whatever anyone is thinking, it must be released before this Friday or we will not get our checks on time. Direct Deposits actually get sent 2 business days BEFORE the actual date of the check (anyone who uses NetSpend and has their check deposited onto that card knows this - you actually get paid on Wednesday instead of Friday) - If Employee Payments doesn't have the information by Friday, then Comerica won't get the deposits sent out by Monday to arrive on Wednesday. Unless, of course, they already have the information and are simply withholding it from us.

These so-called "accountants" need to be re-schooled on the importance of the definition of "ON-TIME"... The IRS doesn't care what the reason for you being late is... why should we be any different on expecting our percentage factor on time from a GLOBAL, MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR company?

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, what would you all do if you knew the multiplier right now? How would that change things for you?

It wouldn't necessarily change a thing... I would just like to figure it out for myself what I should be getting... rather than hear it from the media. That way, I can plan better what to do with it, rather than relying on a generic figure.

• Like 2

Out of curiosity, what would you all do if you knew the multiplier right now? How would that change things for you?

It would have given us a better idea of what to expect when we were making out profit sharing TESPHE elections.

I don't need it now, but it sure would have been nice to know before Feb. 22nd.

• Like 4

that way we can see how bad we got screwed , gm 4000, ford 5000 , on a 4 bill. doller different's in profit . does not make no sense to me . plus we got half the work force ????????????????????

Edited by mbabbitt
  • Like 1

that way we can see how bad we got screwed , gm 4000, ford 5000 , on a 4 bill. doller different's in profit . does not make no sense to me . plus we got half the work force ????????????????????

GM paid their workers more than they had to (by contract) just like Ford did. I don't think it's that hard to understand. The difference was less than $2 billion (Ford 6.6 versus GM 4.7).

I think it's pretty safe to say that 90% or greater of the workers will be within $800 or so of the average check. Skilled trades on OT and people working massive OT will be the exceptions.

Edited by Twincam Harley
  • Like 1

GM paid their workers more than they had to (by contract) just like Ford did. I don't think it's that hard to understand. The difference was less than $2 billion (Ford 6.6 versus GM 4.7).

I think it's pretty safe to say that 90% or greater of the workers will be within $800 or so of the average check. Skilled trades on OT and people working massive OT will be the exceptions.

OK my mistake. i thought they made 2 billion . still they have twice the work force what about that ? i am pretty sure they did not give us 2000 out of the goodness of there heart ......bob king would like you to think so

Edited by mbabbitt

Just remember...Bob King negotiated extra on this check, Or so the Union wants to tell you. Its a precursor to the contract talks where Ford, GM, and Chrysler want to change our pay scale to tie in with profits. profits that we have no control over. High gas costs...f-150's don't sell. Crappy design...no sales, both scenarios kill profits, and thereby would kill our income. NO THANK YOU BOB.

GM paid their workers more than they had to (by contract) just like Ford did. I don't think it's that hard to understand.

I find it very hard to believe especially since the % has not been released yet.

Will it change anything ? no

Will it ease the membership that is suppose to believe that IUAW secured more than what we where owed , by releasing the % ? yes

It would go along way in mending some of the scars the membership still has when our President tried to sell us on a second round of concessions in 2009.

The only way I can honestly see Ford giving more than they are obligated to, is to settle the company wide grievance filed for "shared sacrafice". if that is not the extra 2k Ford so willingly kicked in then I will demand to see the formula.

• Like 1

Its free money why bitch!!!!

Its not free money.We gave up at least 17000.00 each in concessions now we are just getting back a part of that.This Is like a thief stealing money from me and than saying I'll give you some back be happy.It's my money I want the rest back also.As to the multiplier we always had this days after the profit share was annonced now it's a secret.They seem to be having a hard time coming up with a multiplier that will get us near 5000.00 and yet look like we are getting a free 2000.00 from their big hearts.

Edited by skeptic
  • Like 1

Its not free money.We gave up at least 17000.00 each in concessions now we are just getting back a part of that.This Is like a thief stealing money from me and than saying I'll give you some back be happy.It's my money I want the rest back also.As to the multiplier we always had this days after the profit share was annonced now it's a secret.They seem to be having a hard time coming up with a multiplier that will get us near 5000.00 and yet look like we are getting a free 2000.00 from their big hearts.

[/quote

The General is one of those people that voted yes on all the concessions....yer talkin to deaf ears!!!!

It is what it is. Knowing in advance won't change my check. The only thing I know is that it will be more than the "average" check due to all the overtime I worked.

All checks should be the same through out the company!Is it fair that some plants work tons of o.t. to supply enough parts for the assy plants that bust their ass working 40? I don't think so! Just sayin'!

No response needed, just think about it!

• Like 1

It would have given us a better idea of what to expect when we were making out profit sharing TESPHE elections.

I don't need it now, but it sure would have been nice to know before Feb. 22nd.

I asked my union today and he got back with me and said 8.9% but it was not in writing yet.

Hope it helps

• Like 1

That is a little high. The number I have is 7.88702% pending approval.

That's what I don't get, "pending approval" The approval was done when the contract was ratified. The profit has already been made.

What would it take to know what is in the contract? I'm not an attorney, I just want the factual, repeatable, indisputable numbers that I can apply to my income to calculate the amount of profit sharing that is in the contract.

That's what I don't get, "pending approval" The approval was done when the contract was ratified. The profit has already been made.

What would it take to know what is in the contract? I'm not an attorney, I just want the factual, repeatable, indisputable numbers that I can apply to my income to calculate the amount of profit sharing that is in the contract.

ya what he said

The number of 7.88702% will be sent to the local presidents and chairmen tomorrow morning.