Adding the 3.5L V6 EcoBoost to the Explorer for MY 2012.

Osage

Yes, I realize there is another topic on this, but I wanted to add another to demonstrate the significant demand there is for the 3.5L EcoBoost V6 for the Explorer.

I am a 29-year-old male with a 7-month old child in the market for a new vehicle within the next 10-12 months. I believe that the current engine choice (including the likelihood of adding only the 4 cylinder EcoBoost for 2012) is weak compared to the Explorer's closest competitors--the Durango and 4Runner. In fact, I can tell you with certainty that I will not be purchasing an Explorer as my next vehicle unless the 3.5L V6 EcoBoost is available for 2012. One of my intended uses for the Explorer would be to tow a boat to the lake (a 2.5 hour trek), about twice per month from March through October. Thus, I want the added torque of the V6 EcoBoost. Also, as a male driver, I want something with some decent zip to it, and I think that both the existing V6 and the 4 Cylinder EcoBoost will not cut it relative to the direct competition.

I know that I am not alone in this line of thinking and would imagine a lot of consumers have voiced there opinion on this issue. I understand that Ford developed the SVT Raptor SuperCrew for 2011 shortly after seeing the interest from prospective buyers with families and that wanted the extra space, etc. I hope that Ford will be as proactive in this situation. It seems absurd to me that the Flex would have the V6 EcoBoost for 2012 but not Ford's flagship SUV.

So Ford, if you're listening, please offer the 3.5L EcoBoost for 2012 in the Explorer. If you do that, you can count on a purchase from me. If not, I am afraid I will (reluctantly) have to go in another direction.

Thanks for the consideration.

I agree with that as well, 300HP isn't enough when it's carrying around 4600lbs.+ I'm waiting for the Ecoboost version as well.

It was just fine when it was offered on the last V8 Explorer. :shrug: Not arguin, just pointing out how much things have changed in a short span of time. I'd love to see the 3.5 EB in the Explorer also.

It was just fine when it was offered on the last V8 Explorer. :shrug: Not arguin, just pointing out how much things have changed in a short span of time. I'd love to see the 3.5 EB in the Explorer also.

I agree that the 3.5L EB should be offered (IMO, should have been offered from the start), but man, I really hope they can deliver on the I-4 EB without anymore delay! I don't care if they offer the 3.5L EB the same time as the I-4 EB, but please Ford, stop screwing around and get the I-4 EB out!

Chuck

the current engine choice (including the likelihood of adding only the 4 cylinder EcoBoost for 2012) is weak compared to the Explorer's closest competitors--the Durango and 4Runner. In fact, I can tell you with certainty that I will not be purchasing an Explorer as my next vehicle unless the 3.5L V6 EcoBoost is available for 2012. One of my intended uses for the Explorer would be to tow a boat to the lake (a 2.5 hour trek), about twice per month from March through October. Thus, I want the added torque of the V6 EcoBoost. Also, as a male driver, I want something with some decent zip to it, and I think that both the existing V6 and the 4 Cylinder EcoBoost will not cut it relative to the direct competition.

So Ford, if you're listening, please offer the 3.5L EcoBoost for 2012 in the Explorer. If you do that, you can count on a purchase from me. If not, I am afraid I will (reluctantly) have to go in another direction.

Thanks for the consideration.

Toyota 4Runner: 4.0 V6 270 HP - Tell me again where the Explorer falls short?

When gas hits 4+bones a gallon, we will see how many Hemi's are sold in the Durango and JGC!

I think Ford has positioned the Explorer nicely the way things are shaping up...Not one review - not one - had any complaints about performance. I think you should get over the spec sheets and go drive each one. Recommend you go incognito for the 4Runner, I mean who would actually want to be seen in that homely thing.

Toyota 4Runner: 4.0 V6 270 HP - Tell me again where the Explorer falls short?

When gas hits 4+bones a gallon, we will see how many Hemi's are sold in the Durango and JGC!

I think Ford has positioned the Explorer nicely the way things are shaping up...Not one review - not one - had any complaints about performance. I think you should get over the spec sheets and go drive each one. Recommend you go incognito for the 4Runner, I mean who would actually want to be seen in that homely thing.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43204-35l-ecoboost/page__view__findpost__p__684809