Delivery from Plant to Dealership

kgilles82

Can anyone share how long it took for your truck to arrive at your dealership after it was produced? I understand it will vary based on delivery method and distance from Dearborn but just wanted to get an estimate based on your experiences. Thanks.

My E-150 was produced on 2/16 and I'm still waiting on delivery.

Can anyone share how long it took for your truck to arrive at your dealership after it was produced? I understand it will vary based on delivery method and distance from Dearborn but just wanted to get an estimate based on your experiences. Thanks.

F-150 produced 01/29 and still waiting delivery.

ordered my e250 on feb 2nd. supposedly built on 26th of feb. supposedly sent to upfitters on 2march, finished at upfitter and shipped back to factory on the 5th of march. customer service told me last week would definately have before weekend. no van. this morn ford tells me all info in their visibility reports was all wrong and now we cant even track my van. talk about being upset.

Ordered my SCrew in March of '08, took delivery 09 May '08.

My Raptor was Ordered in December 2010 and built on Feb 18th....Still Waiting....and waiting....and waiting.......Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by FLA-SVT

Ordered 2/21

Built 3/15

Given ETA for week of 3/28

3/21 its on Train in IL.

Parts and QA issues aside the long pole item is your dealers allotment for vehicles for you to get scheduled.

The 6-8 weeks figure it thrown around as a typical estimate.

Ordered: 18 Jan 11

Built: 19 Feb 11

Released from Factory: 27 Feb 11

ETA: 7 march 11

Still no vehicle, and every detail ran since 1 March has said "awaiting transport, ETA 7 March".

My dealer has been checking on it almost daily for me, and FoMoCo is ZERO help. Yesterday was two weeks past the ETA, and the best I know is that it's still sitting in Dearborn with all attempts at gaining information hitting a brick wall.......very maddening!

Ditto Here!

Ordered: 28 Jan 11

Built: 19 Feb 11

Release from Factory awaiting shipment: Feb 21 11

Re released from Factory: 27 Feb 11

ETA: Week of 8 march 11

There are an awful lot of trucks just sitting there on ramp 59 by the sounds of it. If you read through the forums they are tons of people who have had the same status for weeks. The trucks are just sitting. I'm losing patience for sure. I keep extending the lease on the current truck which means I'm losing money by the day. Not impressed Ford! At least give us a real ETA. If you can't pinpoint the ETA within a couple of days in these times of up to the minute tracking then there is a serious problem with your customer service. :angry2:

Mine has been sitting on Ramp 59 at the Dearborn plant awaiting shipment since March 17th. Dealership told me one of the trucking companies is on strike so all shipments are being routed through a singe company. Terribly frustrating for customers.

Just my opinion, but I think the frustrating part is that there are obviously vehicles that have been sitting there for quite some time awaiting shipment, while other vehicles are getting built and seem to be arriving rather quickly. My truck has a build date of 01/29 with an estimated delivery towards the end of February. It's been released, but it's still sitting there. At the same time, there's plenty of trucks on my dealers lot with build dates in March. I'm trying to be as patient as possible, but when I ordered a truck in January, I wasn't exactly expecting to have to wait until late April-May to get it. At this point, I don't even know if that's going to happen.

Just my opinion, but I think the frustrating part is that there are obviously vehicles that have been sitting there for quite some time awaiting shipment, while other vehicles are getting built and seem to be arriving rather quickly. My truck has a build date of 01/29 with an estimated delivery towards the end of February. It's been released, but it's still sitting there. At the same time, there's plenty of trucks on my dealers lot with build dates in March. I'm trying to be as patient as possible, but when I ordered a truck in January, I wasn't exactly expecting to have to wait until late April-May to get it. At this point, I don't even know if that's going to happen.

Considering a $975 destination charge, they could probably send it by FedEx overnight!

Considering a $975 destination charge, they could probably send it by FedEx overnight!

:hysterical: I was just thinking along the same lines the other day. If they'd let me, for $975 I could buy a one-way plane ticket and pick up the truck myself. At least then I'd get my break-in miles out of the way on my drive home.....