GM: No Cruze SS in the cards

PREMiERdrum

lead1-2011-chevrolet-cruze-1lt.jpg

Anyone who was holding their breath waiting for General Motors to announce an SS version of the Cruze can officially breathe. However, what you can't do is get excited; the Cruze will not be wearing the double-S badge. What GM is reportedly considering instead is to offer a more luxurious Cruze. That version would feature a more powerful optional engine, but it's certainly not the version SS fans were hoping for.

However, rumor has it that our Aussie friends could still get a sporty Cruze. Motor Trend has heard rumblings of a sportier Cruze powered by either the 177-horsepower turbocharged 1.6-liter inline-four or 268-horsepower twin-turbo four-cylinder found on the Opel Astra OPC.

This just proves... well, nothing really. We'll just have to wait and see what GM actually has in store.

LINK - Autoblog

"What GM is reportedly considering instead is to offer a more luxurious Cruze"

Hm Buick Verano?

After seeing the Verano in person this weekend, I'm not as worried about Cruze overlap as I was. The Verano looks like a mini-Lacrosse, and will appeal to an even older demographic than the Cruze. I can see the Verano becoming the car of choice for Lacrosse and Lucerne lease returns. What I don't see, though, is much chance for conquest sales on it.

what the hell sort of name is "Cruze" anyway? I have visions of shit(literally) when i see the name.

One of the few time I actually watched Televison.. an ad came on for this unfortunately named vehicle... bunch of old ppl in a nursing home that couldn't hear the TV they were watching. C'mon really GM? If I were in the market for a new vehicle, the "Crud" would be nowhere on my list... thanks solely to this commercial.