Coupon

FX-4

How do I get another $750.00 coupon? I ordered a truck on March 23rd and the $750 coupon I have expires May 3before the 1st. I don't even have a VIN# yet and I don't expect to see the truck until June something. Any helo would be greatly appreciated!!

I had to order two brochures after my first one expired. I ordered the third one under my wife's name and finally received the second coupon. When I picked up my truck I still hadn't received the coupon yet so I asked the finance guy about it. I had to provide the program code from the brochure and they looked it up in Vincent. They found it and applied it to my purchase. Three days later the hard copy coupon arrived.

• 1 month later...

I had to order two brochures after my first one expired. I ordered the third one under my wife's name and finally received the second coupon. When I picked up my truck I still hadn't received the coupon yet so I asked the finance guy about it. I had to provide the program code from the brochure and they looked it up in Vincent. They found it and applied it to my purchase. Three days later the hard copy coupon arrived.

Do you order the brochures from the ford website???

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

my dealer also locked mine in.

My dealer said he could lock the coupon in, but he couldn't lock in 0% or rebates when the order was placed. Was he bsing me that he can't lock in zero % financing? He tried assuring me that the rebates wouldn't be any less than when we placed the order back in June (hoping that ends up being true). Price of the truck was locked in and interestingly enough I see the truck's price is up ever so slightly ($ 125)

WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU GUYS MEAN BY THE DEALER "LOCKING IT IN". i'M ASKING BECAUSE MY COUPON EXPIRED 10 DAYS BEFORE PICKING UP MY TRUCK AND THE vINCENT SAID "NO-GO". i ALSO CONTACTED fORD mARKETING AND THEY ALSO SAID i'M sol.

" I just noticed the CAPS lock was on (I type looking at the keyboard)" too lazy to go back and change it.

WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU GUYS MEAN BY THE DEALER "LOCKING IT IN". i'M ASKING BECAUSE MY COUPON EXPIRED 10 DAYS BEFORE PICKING UP MY TRUCK AND THE vINCENT SAID "NO-GO". i ALSO CONTACTED fORD mARKETING AND THEY ALSO SAID i'M sol.

" I just noticed the CAPS lock was on (I type looking at the keyboard)" too lazy to go back and change it.

If you are financing your new ride, ask the dealer to payment protect your purchase. I did that with my FX4, though I will have to wait a few more long weeks until I can report that it worked.

Thanks for the info steelpond, but what is "payment protect your purchase"? I have never heard that. I'm going there tomorrow for unrelated items and will swing by finance if this is something I can do after purchasing.

I also called Ford and they said only select dealers can "lock-in" rates and coupons. Apparently mine can't :banghead:

Thanks for the info steelpond, but what is "payment protect your purchase"? I have never heard that. I'm going there tomorrow for unrelated items and will swing by finance if this is something I can do after purchasing.

I also called Ford and they said only select dealers can "lock-in" rates and coupons. Apparently mine can't :banghead:

According to WillSD in this thread your dealer can lock in incentives using the 2011 Incentive Protection Program (# 33458).

According to WillSD in this thread your dealer can lock in incentives using the 2011 Incentive Protection Program (# 33458).

Wow, thanks!! This just got interesting. The incentives were $1,000 more when I ordered and I also had my $750 coupon then. Looks like my dealer visit just may take a little longer than planned. :ohsnap:

^ well, I'm SOL. Talked to the dealer today and they said we would have had to "lock-in" at the time of order. Nothing can be reversed now. They didn't mention it at ordering because "incentives never go down toward the end of the year". Next purchase I will make damn sure I lock in and don't let any extra incentives or coupons expire. I'm done fighting them with this. Time to call my loan company, refinace, get 3% and thank Ford Credit for the extra $1k.

Edited by Hydro