How long are the cars taking to build??

DrX

I put my order in last week for a titanium, the dealer told me six to eight weeks before it comes in. My question is how long a wait have you guys out there been experiencing on getting your cars built? :headscratch:

Once you get put on the schedule with a build date and that day arrives, it'll be <72 hrs till you're car is complete barring any problems. At least that is what it looks like from members here and on another Focus forum.

Getting it shipped is where it's anybody's guess. Some guys have gotten their cars shipped almost immediately, and others like myself have been waiting 'awhile' without an idea when to expect it. My car was built on 4-5-11, released to ship on 4-8-11, and has been taken back by QA twice and re-released. Last update was re-re-released on 4-29-11 for shipment and still sitting in the lot waiting.... Mind you my case is the exception not the rule.

First things first you need to get assigned a VIN and check for your Window sticker. That's when the ball starts rolling for ya. HTH.....

I know some who have been waiting longer than I will hate hearing this, but I ordered a titanium April 29th, I got a VIN a week and half ago, build date of this Monday, so a little under 1 month from order date to build date.

I don't yet have a window sticker, anyone have any tips why that may be, or other websites that may be more accurate and up-to-date? I'm not too concerned, I'd just love to see the window sticker! :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...

I know some who have been waiting longer than I will hate hearing this, but I ordered a titanium April 29th, I got a VIN a week and half ago, build date of this Monday, so a little under 1 month from order date to build date.

I don't yet have a window sticker, anyone have any tips why that may be, or other websites that may be more accurate and up-to-date? I'm not too concerned, I'd just love to see the window sticker! :happy feet:

I'm sure by now you've pulled up your sticker and your car's been built. But for new members reading this for the 1st time, I'll add this. When you got your VIN and the assumed build date of Monday, 05/23 that was probably the week of build. The actual day of the build would be sometime during that week, once scheduled for the day you should then see your window sticker (usually 7 days out).

My build date was 05/25 (1FAHP3N20CL166442, probably very close to yours), though I don't have any confirmation yet, has yours shown up in ETIS?

I'm sure by now you've pulled up your sticker and your car's been built. But for new members reading this for the 1st time, I'll add this. When you got your VIN and the assumed build date of Monday, 05/23 that was probably the week of build. The actual day of the build would be sometime during that week, once scheduled for the day you should then see your window sticker (usually 7 days out).

My build date was 05/25 (1FAHP3N20CL166442, probably very close to yours), though I don't have any confirmation yet, has yours shown up in ETIS?

5/27 for my build date, and ETIS info wont show up for possibly another few days. My question regarding build date would be is the date on the sticker the date is enters the line, or the date it rolls off the line, assuming problem free?

My dealer was SUPPOSED to contact me Friday, which was the build date, and I haven't heard anything, so I'll probably try and follow up this week and see if I can get any sort of confirmation if its been released for shipment or not.

I put my order in last week for a titanium, the dealer told me six to eight weeks before it comes in. My question is how long a wait have you guys out there been experiencing on getting your cars built? :headscratch:

I ordered mine April 13th, build date was May 23rd, I got a ETA of June 20th for delivery.

The biggest variable that most people do forget though is your dealers allocation and your priority number. If your in a less densely populated area it will take longer for shipping, same as if your dealer doesn't have the allocation it will take longer for build.

By looking at whats on dealer lots in my area, (3 medium sized cities, pop 60-100k each, within 30 miles of each other), with 2 100k+ population cities within 60 miles or so, cars are arriving to dealer lots within 2 weeks or less of their build date (SEL just came into a local dealer lot Friday with a build date of the previous Friday). Compared to an old co-worker of mine who special ordered a Ford SUV nearly 2 months ago in the corn-belt, he's going on 3 weeks since it shipped and still has another 10 days before his ETA.

So a lot of this isn't really an exact science, but for those who special ordered, excluding pre orders, the dealer 6-8 weeks they usually say is your best estimate now that most pre orders are out the door and from what I've read, they're running at pretty well full capacity.

My question regarding build date would be is the date on the sticker the date is enters the line, or the date it rolls off the line, assuming problem free?

The date it rolls off the line assuming no problems.

Yours was probably delayed because they are having problems getting enough IP's to build their normal daily number pushing your order back. You have to understand, build dates are assigned weeks in advance and the smallest hiccup(s) affect every scheduled order. Window stickers are printed up in advance so your printed sticker will probably show the original build date too.

Yours was probably delayed because they are having problems getting enough IP's to build their normal daily number pushing your order back. You have to understand, build dates are assigned weeks in advance and the smallest hiccup(s) affect every scheduled order. Window stickers are printed up in advance so your printed sticker will probably show the original build date too.

Oh thats very understandable, and to be expected in such a large production. As far as I know, mine is still on schedule! Lets hope it stays that way!

I placed my Titanium order on May 7 at the dealership. It looks like the Invoice Date at the bottom of the window sticker is May 25.. The build date was June 2.. I've seen my window sticker, and see my SYNC install on syncmyride.com. Now it seems I'm just waiting for it to get on a train from Michigan to Southern California. :)

Just discovered the Blue Oval Forums.. neat stuff here, and some interesting reading in other threads in this forum (plate frames, radio staying on, etc..). I'm eager to have my new car show up!

I ordered my sterling grey titanium sedan on May 22nd. It was built on May 31st and is sitting on the dealer lot today. The dealer has not called me yet but thanks to Pioneer letting me know that it had shipped I had a hunch and drove to the dealer. This seems to be quicker then what I had heard but I bet it has something to do with living on I90 which is a major route to a lot of East coast cities. I did double check the vin to make sure it was mine. It also said sold in the window and had my salesmans name.

I ordered my sterling grey titanium sedan on May 22nd. It was built on May 31st and is sitting on the dealer lot today. The dealer has not called me yet but thanks to Pioneer letting me know that it had shipped I had a hunch and drove to the dealer. This seems to be quicker then what I had heard but I bet it has something to do with living on I90 which is a major route to a lot of East coast cities. I did double check the vin to make sure it was mine. It also said sold in the window and had my salesmans name.

That was rather quick! Congrats! :happy feet: It would seem they've gotten most of the preorders and quite a bit of inventory out, so maybe they will be making retail orders at a faster pace. Mine was ordered April 29th. Window sticker build date of May 27th. But ETIS build date May 31st, and already halfway home for delivery with ETA as June 17th. So I'm on the front end of 6 weeks from start to finish, if the ETA is correct.

I would say to usually follow the dealers advice on the timeframe. They know their allocation, their priority, and at least a ball park of their ship times. My dealer gave the standard 6-10 weeks for delivery, but said they usually get theirs within 6 weeks or so, and it's been right on...so far!

OK here's the answer to my question, I put my order in for a loaded Titanium in on May 9th and my car is being delivered to me on June 9th, not to shabby.. :happy feet: Will post pictures ASAP. :happy feet:

OK here's the answer to my question, I put my order in for a loaded Titanium in on May 9th and my car is being delivered to me on June 9th, not to shabby.. :happy feet: Will post pictures ASAP. :happy feet:

I'm jealous! I put in my order at the dealer May 7. Got an ETA of June 20 today thanks to Pioneer. Then again.. I'm in SoCal.. so the distance and the route the car has to travel by rail is sure to factor in. Understandable. :)

Mine was ordered 05/02, and built on 05/27. Currently sitting in the assembly plant parking lot gathering dust... :banghead:

Congrats to the rest of you getting yours so quickly, though! :happy feet:

Well that's no good... Any details on why? :blink:

Mine was ordered 05/02, and built on 05/27. Currently sitting in the assembly plant parking lot gathering dust... :banghead:

I made a post awhile back on the logistics of shipping a car, because most people in another thread were assuming their car would ship as quickly as FedEx. But the shipping is completely contracted out to multiple shipping companies. For yours still waiting at the assembly is related to the fact cars have an extremely low priority to get on trains. These companies prefer to stuff as much as possible into each railcar. With a vehicle, its one rail car to them that's half full.

My car is sitting in a large new car "waiting" lot in Chicago after getting off the railroad, essentially waiting for one of the shipping companies contract driver to request a load to my area. So depending on the shipping company, they may not have a driver go to my area for 2 weeks. Or a driver could request a load to my area today.

Well that's no good... Any details on why? :blink:

So far all I know is there were 3 quality holds from May 27 to June 1. From June1 until now, no word...

I'm trying to be patient as it it sits, but I'm not being very successful. This is the longest I've had to wait between build and shipping in all my car ordering days...At the rate they're moving, they're going to take as long to deliver the car as it took to get my BMW from Germany...I really, really hope I'm exaggerating to last statement. :confused:

Ordered mine on 5/10/11, it was built the week of 5/31 and is currently in transit to the dealer.

It was actually built on 6/1 and was delivered at the dealer on 6/15 and we picked it up on 6/16.

Five weeks and one day from order to delivery.

It was actually built on 6/1 and was delivered at the dealer on 6/15 and we picked it up on 6/16.

Five weeks and one day from order to delivery.

I need to stop reading these forums. Stories like this are making me ill.

I ordered mine on May 16, the order was submitted by the dealer on May 19th, and I still don't have a VIN, a build date, or any indication that anything has happened since.

I was going to pose this question in a separate thread, but I figured it's an extension of the topic in here.

Years ago, I was told by a dealer that if you placed an order and, by chance, there was a vehicle matching your exact order specifications on the production line that was a non-customer ordered vehicle, Ford could flag that car as yours. So, you shorten the wait and get the car sooner. Was that ever or is still the case?

I was going to pose this question in a separate thread, but I figured it's an extension of the topic in here.

Years ago, I was told by a dealer that if you placed an order and, by chance, there was a vehicle matching your exact order specifications on the production line that was a non-customer ordered vehicle, Ford could flag that car as yours. So, you shorten the wait and get the car sooner. Was that ever or is still the case?

Ford won't do that. The Dealer can do it if it's another of their vehicles. Every vehicle that goes down the assembly line belongs to a dealer and they're not going to give one dealer another dealer's vehicle.

Ford won't do that. The Dealer can do it if it's another of their vehicles. Every vehicle that goes down the assembly line belongs to a dealer and they're not going to give one dealer another dealer's vehicle.

That's what I figured. I guess the only reason why I was told that was to get me to buy the car from him. I didn't take that bait ;)