2012 Red candy without metallic

smokeater1

Has anyone seen the replacemnet red candy paint for the candy red metallic ?

Perhaps I've missed something but where did you get the idea that Red Candy Metallic Tinted (U6) was being replaced with another Red Candy paint? Kona Blue Metallic (L6) and Lava Red Metallic (UZ) were expected to exhaust or "balance out" available supplies on Thursday's scheduling but there was no mention in the latest weekly Commodity & Restraint Letter about Red Candy Metallic Tinted (U6).

The paint availability issues are directly related to the Japan tsunami incident but Ford has mostly restricted availability to retail orders in order to conserve paint inventory. The paint color mostly affected is Tuxedo Black (UH) on other vehicle lines which is being replaced by Ebony Black (UA).

Perhaps I've missed something but where did you get the idea that Red Candy Metallic Tinted (U6) was being replaced with another Red Candy paint? Kona Blue Metallic (L6) and Lava Red Metallic (UZ) were expected to exhaust or "balance out" available supplies on Thursday's scheduling but there was no mention in the latest weekly Commodity & Restraint Letter about Red Candy Metallic Tinted (U6).

The paint availability issues are directly related to the Japan tsunami incident but Ford has mostly restricted availability to retail orders in order to conserve paint inventory. The paint color mostly affected is Tuxedo Black (UH) on other vehicle lines which is being replaced by Ebony Black (UA).

My dealer informed me the metallic has been discontinued from the red candy paint, which I have on order, it has a new paint code now.