Plan A pricing on a Titanium hatch?

Inky

Hey all! New member here! Sorry if this is in the wrong board. :finger:

I was just wondering if there was any way to get a rough ballpark estimate for the Plan A price for a Titanium hatchback with Titanium Handling Package and Voice Activated Navigation. MSRP is $24,885, and I think invoice was ~$21,400 (unless Im remembering the price of a different configuration).

Either way, I was wondering if anybody here had purchased a Focus on a similar pricing plan or could just offer some insight as to how much of a discount off MSRP Id be looking at. Im trying to keep monthly payments as close to $100 as possible, so its not really a matter of what I can afford as opposed to when I can afford to take the plunge. By the end of summer, I should be looking at roughly ~$13,200 down, and if I hear back from any of the ten or so places I sent a job application to with good news, maybe something closer to the tune of $15,000.

Thanks everyone! :happy feet:

Titanium hatch with winter package and nav ordered early January before the $65 retail price drop. Not equipped quite the same as yours, but it should be close to your price. Dealer A/Z Plan invoice showed $22,537, retail $24,695.

Hey all! New member here! Sorry if this is in the wrong board. :finger:

I was just wondering if there was any way to get a rough ballpark estimate for the Plan A price for a Titanium hatchback with Titanium Handling Package and Voice Activated Navigation. MSRP is $24,885, and I think invoice was ~$21,400 (unless Im remembering the price of a different configuration).

Either way, I was wondering if anybody here had purchased a Focus on a similar pricing plan or could just offer some insight as to how much of a discount off MSRP Id be looking at. Im trying to keep monthly payments as close to $100 as possible, so its not really a matter of what I can afford as opposed to when I can afford to take the plunge. By the end of summer, I should be looking at roughly ~$13,200 down, and if I hear back from any of the ten or so places I sent a job application to with good news, maybe something closer to the tune of $15,000.

Thanks everyone! :happy feet:

Just an FYI though, A plan pricing is only available to current or retired Ford employees and immediate family members. Here's some info on the eligibility for A plan: Ford A Plan

Also, not to burst your bubble, but even if you can get A plan from an immediate family member and can hit 15,000 down, by the time you throw in taxes, title and license, your still looking over $100 a month, near $120 just figuring you pay $21,000 with any discounts. (Assuming a 72 month term, and a good APR of 3.99%, which also I haven't seen any banks offering that low on 72 months, even with perfect credit) Edmunds has a great calculator that allows you to calculate payments with TTL. Edmunds payment calculator

Just an FYI though, A plan pricing is only available to current or retired Ford employees and immediate family members. Here's some info on the eligibility for A plan: Ford A Plan

Also, not to burst your bubble, but even if you can get A plan from an immediate family member and can hit 15,000 down, by the time you throw in taxes, title and license, your still looking over $100 a month, near $120 just figuring you pay $21,000 with any discounts. (Assuming a 72 month term, and a good APR of 3.99%, which also I haven't seen any banks offering that low on 72 months, even with perfect credit) Edmunds has a great calculator that allows you to calculate payments with TTL. Edmunds payment calculator

Oh, right! Guess I should have mentioned that my dad is a Ford employee. :)

And I have been using the Edmunds calculator. Im really just trying to get an idea of what the price out the door is going to look like. And while $100 is closer to what Id like to pay, going $125 or $130 wont break the bank.

Thanks for the input though!

Oh, right! Guess I should have mentioned that my dad is a Ford employee. :)

And I have been using the Edmunds calculator. Im really just trying to get an idea of what the price out the door is going to look like. And while $100 is closer to what Id like to pay, going $125 or $130 wont break the bank.

Thanks for the input though!

As the person above said, getting that access from your dad will give you exact numbers.

Here's my best advice for the transaction to get a total out the door. Find out the exact amount you'd pay for the car. Along with the minimum amount you'd put down cash and start shopping around for financial institutions. I work in the finance field, and there are plenty of great deals to be had, its just a matter of finding them. Many banks/credit unions may not want to go up to 72 months for the little you'd be financing, but one out there will, you will just likely take a hit on your APR for 72 months, most likely 4.99% at the lowest with 'A' class credit.

You seem like a smart enough gentleman, just don't fall into the trap of getting over your head for a fancy new toy! I've seen it happen with people buying a 18k car, or a car worth 80k.

There are some good financing options out there. BofA is offering, I think as low as 3.25% for 72months if you already bank with then and follow all their stipulations (dealer participation is pretty limited though since many that use BofA can't take it outside their own finance dept). I received 3.56% for 72 months from Capital One. But I've used them several times in the past, as well as financed a ton of cars over the last 20 years. They won't be looking entirely at your FICO though, you also have an auto score they calculate, so if you haven't financed very many other vehicles in the past you may not get their best rates even if you have a high FICO. Remember to shop rates too, since for 30 days all the credit apps only count as one inquiry. Also, most lenders have a minimum financing amount of $7500.

There are some good financing options out there. BofA is offering, I think as low as 3.25% for 72months if you already bank with then and follow all their stipulations (dealer participation is pretty limited though since many that use BofA can't take it outside their own finance dept). I received 3.56% for 72 months from Capital One. But I've used them several times in the past, as well as financed a ton of cars over the last 20 years. They won't be looking entirely at your FICO though, you also have an auto score they calculate, so if you haven't financed very many other vehicles in the past you may not get their best rates even if you have a high FICO. Remember to shop rates too, since for 30 days all the credit apps only count as one inquiry. Also, most lenders have a minimum financing amount of $7500.

That is very true about BOA, until you read their restrictions, and a few that stand out: "Loan to value restrictions apply" Especially in this case where he's financing close to their minimum of 7500, with their payoff, EXTREMELY unlikely for 72 months at 3.25%. "A loan fee may apply" BOA is notorious for hidden fees and charges. And unfortunately, Capital one has been taking a financial hit on their auto loans, and as reported by CNN Money, they're limiting auto loan rates, and increasing APRs. Capital One current auto rates. Also, the, "as low as", rarely applies to anyone.

That is very true about BOA, until you read their restrictions, and a few that stand out: "Loan to value restrictions apply" Especially in this case where he's financing close to their minimum of 7500, with their payoff, EXTREMELY unlikely for 72 months at 3.25%. "A loan fee may apply" BOA is notorious for hidden fees and charges. And unfortunately, Capital one has been taking a financial hit on their auto loans, and as reported by CNN Money, they're limiting auto loan rates, and increasing APRs. Capital One current auto rates. Also, the, "as low as", rarely applies to anyone.

Yes, Bofa does charge a $200 loan fee, but depending on other comparative rates, that may be ok, like paying points for a better rate. As for LTV , he's MORE than fine there. They are referring to financing up to a certain percentage of the cars value, and for a new car is usually between 110%-125% of the invoice price less national rebates that everyone qualifies for. It sounds like he'd be at around 30%, or way under the LTV ratio. Also there are some lenders (including Capital One) who will produce 72 month loans at the $7500 min. Some will only do up to 60 months, and then he'd get a better rate anyway. Lastly, I'll say it again, I just received 3.56% for 72 months (applied last week) which is BELOW their 'current rates' chart, so you really can't go by what you read in CNN Money.

But I'm starting to move a little off topic here, as he really wanted to find out A-plan price and someone has already answered.