2012 Focus Engine Cover

Roger Eastman

You guys do realise that ETIS:

1. Is not meant to be used in the manner you guys are using it for.

2. Is a European website.

3. Is wrong on a lot of facts about your Foci or any other American built vehicle because of #1 and #2.

3. It is not the end-all, be-all site for your cars content and options, and any argument at the dealer about it being on ETIS and not the car will result in nothing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A question for those with the engine cover. I'm thinking of purchasing one through ford parts.com for my SEL. How does the cover attach to the engine, does it snap on to clips that are screwed in to existing holes on the engine? From what I can tell the engine compartments are the same, I don't see any attachment points in the pics I've seen posted here and elsewhere.

A question for those with the engine cover. I'm thinking of purchasing one through ford parts.com for my SEL. How does the cover attach to the engine, does it snap on to clips that are screwed in to existing holes on the engine? From what I can tell the engine compartments are the same, I don't see any attachment points in the pics I've seen posted here and elsewhere.

Any recommendations on a dealership that does on-line orders? I too want to order a cover - my Titanium missed getting one by about a week. Plus, I'm thinking about ordering door sill plates.

Any recommendations on a dealership that does on-line orders? I too want to order a cover - my Titanium missed getting one by about a week. Plus, I'm thinking about ordering door sill plates.

When you order through www.fordparts.com it asks you to designate a dealership and I gave the business to the store where I bought my car, even though there's a dealership a little closer to me. The splash guards I bought from Ford Parts were the cheapest price I could find at the time. Back to your question, sorry I can't remember the name, but a few years ago I ordered accessories for my Freestyle from a dealership in Phoenix the had really good prices. I did a search for ford parts + accessories and found it there.

One of the other Focus forums, FocalJet, uses Tousley Ford in Minnesota. Join up on FocalJet, and then visit them/call them. They don't have 2012 info up yet, so you can give them a call. I have to order a set of door sill plates too.

But back to the engine cover: Does having one create an issue or not? I guess we're all guessing whether it is heat related or a supply issue. I'd love to have one, but not at the expense of causing additional issues under the hood.

Edited by GapBoyPCS

• 1 month later...

I guess the studs just screw on? Were they included, or are they a separate part item?

The studs are separate items. You need 3 long studs, which come in packs of two for some reason, so you need to order two and one short stud.

The part numbers and prices from my invoice are:

1-Cover - CP9Z6A949A $60.14

2-Long stud - CP9Z6A957A $4.44

1-Short stud - CP9Z6A957B $1.79

Edited by transitman

The studs are separate items. You need 3 long studs, which come in packs of two for some reason, so you need to order two and one short stud.

The part numbers and prices from my invoice are:

1-Cover - CP9Z6A949A $60.14

2-Long stud - CP9Z6A957A $4.44

1-Short stud - CP9Z6A957B $1.79

I assume then it's pretty obvious where the long and short studs go? :)

Just checking on Fordparts.com -- Way to go on getting a deal!

Did the parts come in pretty quick, or was there a delay?

Oh, and has anyone seen any production updates to see if they put the engine cover back in?

I assume then it's pretty obvious where the long and short studs go? :)

Just checking on Fordparts.com -- Way to go on getting a deal!

Did the parts come in pretty quick, or was there a delay?

Oh, and has anyone seen any production updates to see if they put the engine cover back in?

The short stud goes in front and 2 long studs go on the passenger side and 1 on the right rear valve cover bolts. You can see the height difference if you get level with the top of the engine. Any deal is up to the dealership you order through, it's what they are willing to sell the parts for. If one dealership insists on retail, I'd shop around and 10-12% off retail is probably a reasonable discount. The parts had to come from the national warehouse and took 5 working days. As far as production updates, I read somewhere that the engine cover is no longer in production and will not be available after current inventory runs out. Now, the article author or forum poster, (I don't remember which) might be confusing the fact that it's no longer a standard feature on the Titanium with no longer available. It is the internet after all, where much to my surprise, not everything is accurate.

Edited by transitman

• 2 weeks later...

The short stud goes in front and 2 long studs go on the passenger side and 1 on the right rear valve cover bolts. You can see the height difference if you get level with the top of the engine. Any deal is up to the dealership you order through, it's what they are willing to sell the parts for. If one dealership insists on retail, I'd shop around and 10-12% off retail is probably a reasonable discount. The parts had to come from the national warehouse and took 5 working days. As far as production updates, I read somewhere that the engine cover is no longer in production and will not be available after current inventory runs out. Now, the article author or forum poster, (I don't remember which) might be confusing the fact that it's no longer a standard feature on the Titanium with no longer available. It is the internet after all, where much to my surprise, not everything is accurate.

My cover arrived yesterday but long studs were back ordered; supposed to arrive next week. I agree that once the current stock is gone, there will be no more covers. If you want one, I'd order now.

• 4 weeks later...

My dealership installed the engine cover at no charge, I can notice a difference in engine noise in the car, it’s definitely quieter. I told the service manager that I was disappointed they stopped installing them during production, he wasn't aware and wanted an update if it helped so he can pass it up the chain. I'm glad I got one before the stock is gone