Did the UAW win it's grievence?

hunnyboy69

Rumors are flying like crazy, that the UAW won it grievenece over salaried getting their merit raises?

I've heard that an article was in the Detroit Free Press, anyone know about this?

I've also heard, the company was going to use this $$ as our signing bonus, is this legal?

I've heard the amount is from $4,000-$10,000 per employee, is this true?

Rumors are flying like crazy, that the UAW won it grievenece over salaried getting their merit raises?

I've heard that an article was in the Detroit Free Press, anyone know about this?

I've also heard, the company was going to use this $$ as our signing bonus, is this legal?

Rumor mill is working overtime I see.... This so called greivence, had no merit, and still has no merit. It was put out there as a way for Bob King to try and save face with the workers, after getting handed the ass kicking we gave him the last time he tried to get us to take more concessions.

When you sign an agreement, that states that Salary workers will give up these things for 1 year, and hourly will "suspend" things for the life of the current agreement, and then try to convence the workforce that you are on thier side....It just doesn't wash. King is going to destroy the UAW singlehandedly.

• Like 9

It's funny how you worded that. The UAW and Ford have both talked about this issue, just recently. Region 1-A is stating, that the union has a high priced attorney in battle with the company, on how this money is to be delivered. According to the company, they want it as leverage for the upcoming contract, use it as our "signing bonus". But the union has said, the grievance MUST be paid before the contract deadline. So you're saying, it's all BS?

It's funny how you worded that. The UAW and Ford have both talked about this issue, just recently. Region 1-A is stating, that the union has a high priced attorney in battle with the company, on how this money is to be delivered. According to the company, they want it as leverage for the upcoming contract, use it as our "signing bonus". But the union has said, the grievance MUST be paid before the contract deadline. So you're saying, it's all BS?

How many pfiles do you have Chucky?!

this little screw up by the company by giving management back there pay increases and bonus package

is going to pay off for hourly

Its a performance enhancement bonus so the dollar amount depends on how much you worked over the last three years

Yeah the union won this one your signing bonus will be 3 thousand paid oct 2011

this grievance money will be paid nov 2011 about 7 dollars each thats if you come to work every day its called hours worked and a

free meal ticket

Edited by f150oderus

This thing never made it to third stage it had no merit. How many years is this thing going to be talked about on here.

The company shot it down because places like Saline ACH had people signing the petition 3 and 4 times. They couldn't even run the thing before it got off the ground. Don't count on getting any more free money from Ford.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but how can you tell what a signing bonus is going to be 3 months before the old contract expires and it will be a miracle if we ever see that grievance money! titanic.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

this little screw up by the company by giving management back there pay increases and bonus package

is going to pay off for hourly

Its a performance enhancement bonus so the dollar amount depends on how much you worked over the last three years

Yeah the union won this one your signing bonus will be 3 thousand paid oct 2011

this grievance money will be paid nov 2011 about 7000 each thats if you come to work every day its called hours worked

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but how can you tell what a signing bonus is going to be 3 months before the old contract expires and it will be a miracle if we ever see that grievance money! titanic.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

There won't be any grievance money, your going to get a contract signing bonus of about 2-3k and that's it. Good old Alan may even try and do away with the signing bonus. No telling what else that idiot has in store for us union workers.

Some of you may feel that the “Equity of Sacrifice” was just a facade or a tactic. But in fact, it is a part of the Feb 24, 2009 modification package to our National agreement. It’s listed on page 4 – bottom left.

As for the Equity of Sacrifice grievance not reaching the 3rd stage, when a grievance is filed for the entire membership by our IUAW in it is in the 3rd stage. If not settled, then it will go to an umpire for decision.

When you have a grievance of this magnitude, it’s not going to be an easy and quickly resolved run of the mil grievance. A grievance of this nature done quickly and easily means one thing, we get less if anything at all because due diligence was not served by proper research, factual findings, actual money amounts, net loss over time, etc etc.

With that said, it’s of my opinion that our IUAW hasn’t wavered off this grievance, because if they had, I’m sure we would have heard about the miniscule grievance settlement we got because of it being dealt with quickly. They (IUAW) are doing due diligence and making sure that we are getting what we deserve, but this does and will take time, money and a hell of a lot of meetings.

How many times in the past have we all heard that they (salary) are getting, this bonus, or that bonus, and we workers are getting nothing? Well not this time, our IUAW filed a grievance, one that spans across 41k (aprox) workers, and as far as I’m concerned, I damn sure don’t want it settled quickly without effort and proper research. I want to know that time and care was spent on this grievance and that we are all getting a large percentage of what we are entitled to

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

DTP Body & Stamping

• Like 3

Some of you may feel that the “Equity of Sacrifice” was just a facade or a tactic. But in fact, it is a part of the Feb 24, 2009 modification package to our National agreement. It’s listed on page 4 – bottom left.

As for the Equity of Sacrifice grievance not reaching the 3rd stage, when a grievance is filed for the entire membership by our IUAW in it is in the 3rd stage. If not settled, then it will go to an umpire for decision.

When you have a grievance of this magnitude, it’s not going to be an easy and quickly resolved run of the mil grievance. A grievance of this nature done quickly and easily means one thing, we get less if anything at all because due diligence was not served by proper research, factual findings, actual money amounts, net loss over time, etc etc.

With that said, it’s of my opinion that our IUAW hasn’t wavered off this grievance, because if they had, I’m sure we would have heard about the miniscule grievance settlement we got because of it being dealt with quickly. They (IUAW) are doing due diligence and making sure that we are getting what we deserve, but this does and will take time, money and a hell of a lot of meetings.

How many times in the past have we all heard that they (salary) are getting, this bonus, or that bonus, and we workers are getting nothing? Well not this time, our IUAW filed a grievance, one that spans across 41k (aprox) workers, and as far as I’m concerned, I damn sure don’t want it settled quickly without effort and proper research. I want to know that time and care was spent on this grievance and that we are all getting a large percentage of what we are entitled to

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

DTP Body & Stamping

National Ford Council

May 26, 2011

The National Ford Council met on Thursday May 26, 2011. The first topic of business was the

Equality of Sacrifice Grievance. Darryl Nolen reported that the grievance is moving forward

again with both the company, and the UAW back meeting at World Headquarters. The UAW has

made it very clear that this grievance will be resolved by the time contract negotiations begin.

Darryl introduced William (Bill) Karges who works as a lawyer for the UAW at Solidarity

House. Bill gave an overview from the beginning, and talked about how the arbitrator was

named. David Grissom from the National Academy of Arbitrators was requested by the UAW

and the company agreed. The UAW is very pleased with this arbitrator. Bill talked about the two

dates that were requested by the UAW for information. He has stayed in contact with Steve Kulp

from the Ford Legal Department discussing what the information that the UAW was requesting.

During this time of communication with Mr. Kulp, he replied to one of Bill’s notes that he would

no longer have the authority to make any decisions concerning the grievance, and from that pint

on it would be at UAW President Bob King and Ford Executive Vice President John Fleming’s

level. President King gave Mr. Karges the direction to move forward to which Mr. Kulp

basically said that he did not care what direction was given to Mr. Karges, but he was directed to

not make any decisions concerning the grievance or any information dealing with it as well.

The Arbitrator subpoenaed the desired info from the company, and finally the company agreed to

meet. The first available date was May 12, 2011. Once the meeting took place the company spent

the first three hours of the meeting arguing over the confidentiality agreement. Before they could

come to terms on the agreement, the financial person for the company left the meeting because

he had another meeting to attend. By the time that the UAW had a chance to even look at the

information there was no time to discuss any questions that the UAW had. At that point the

UAW took the information to review and came up with several questions for the company. The

information that the company gave was very general and the UAW has asked for more detailed

facts and figures and also has asked the company for another meeting. The UAW is waiting for

the company to respond on the next meeting. Currently, it is felt that we have two options. The

first option is; if the company does not provide the detailed info, the UAW would take the case

to the NLRB (National Labor Relations Board). This is not the option that the UAW really wants

to go. The second option is; the UAW would sue the company for the detailed info that has not

been provided as of yet. If the company provides the info then neither option will be necessary.

This information brings us up to date with the grievance. The International UAW has committed

that this will be resolved by contract negotiations.

UAW Vice President Jimmy Settles Report- The first thing that Vice President Settles talked

about was the importance of the upcoming strike vote. This brought strong support from the

council. Jimmy talked about the future of the UAW, and the importance of organizing. He

reminded the council that 30 years ago we were 160,000 strong. He gave a lot of credit to

President Obama for what he has done for the automobile industry. He told us that it is very

important for our future to keep Obama in office. At this point he talked about the upcoming

negotiations and how proud he is of the National Negotiators. He has great confidence that they

will do a great job for our memberships. In closing, he talked about the Equality of Sacrifice

Grievance. The mentioned the crazy money that Alan Mulally has received and the sacrifices

that the hourly workforce has made. He said that the company has made many delays, and the

reason why is they are concerned with the grievance. He said: “they should be”. He told the

council that originally the company wanted to work something out on the grievance, and VP

Settles told them that he wanted Ford Motor Credit back into the Profit Sharing formula. The

company refused to do it. So, Jimmy said there will be no deal! Our National Negotiators will

officially begin on July 18, 2011 with the kickoff handshake on July 28, 2011

• Like 1

Thanks Daytrader, I hope many brothers and sisters will, as I do, appreciate the effort that our IUAW is putting into this grievance. I understand that some things are dealt with in a manner we feel to be wrong, but for the things done right, where is the Solidarity, support and thanks?

I appreciate your post Daytrader, thank you again, and thank you IUAW for your efforts and due diligence with our much deserved “Equity of Sacrifice” grievance. In my opinion, what Mr. Settles and the rest of our International Representative team is after in resolve is spot on.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

DTP Body & Stamping

• Like 3

Rumor mill is working overtime I see.... This so called greivence, had no merit, and still has no merit. It was put out there as a way for Bob King to try and save face with the workers, after getting handed the ass kicking we gave him the last time he tried to get us to take more concessions.

When you sign an agreement, that states that Salary workers will give up these things for 1 year, and hourly will "suspend" things for the life of the current agreement, and then try to convence the workforce that you are on thier side....It just doesn't wash. King is going to destroy the UAW singlehandedly.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110621/BUSINESS01/106210331/Nearly-35-000-Ford-workers-sign-grievance-over-pay?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

• Like 2