How to get a job at the Ford Assembly Plant?

Bulls11

Hi I recently graduated from High School barely going to turn 18 next week and I really wanted to know what it takes to get a job in the Assembly Plant? I live a few blocks away from the Chicago Assembly Plant since 2003 which might be a good thing, also my mom has a friend who wanted to apply for a job they're (Davis Staffing) but they told him he needed previous manufacturing experience and that put my hopes down because I really wanted to work there and I would work there my entire life If I had the chance because I have loved cars ever since I was a kid. I would really appreciate if anybody can give me some advice on getting a job at the Ford Assembly Plant.

• Like 1

Hi I recently graduated from High School barely going to turn 18 next week and I really wanted to know what it takes to get a job in the Assembly Plant? I live a few blocks away from the Chicago Assembly Plant since 2003 which might be a good thing, also my mom has a friend who wanted to apply for a job they're (Davis Staffing) but they told him he needed previous manufacturing experience and that put my hopes down because I really wanted to work there and I would work there my entire life If I had the chance because I have loved cars ever since I was a kid. I would really appreciate if anybody can give me some advice on getting a job at the Ford Assembly Plant.

Chucky gets fired and now wants to pose as a teenager and work at CAP it gets better and better w this guy

• Like 2

If you want a job at the assembly plant, sit outside management's parking lot on their breaks and give them a BJ and bring them their coffee. Here's an idea, go into security and ask for an application, and for references put "I'll rat out anyone" just give me a hi-lo or a tag relief job. And if your a female better yet, tell them you can poke your nose in everyone's business around the other females and gossip about how the men aren't do their jobs.

High seniority workers are supposed to get applications to give to their family members. That's the way it worked for 30 years. Then when they spun Vist-i-blow off, they started making stupid changes and the Union elected workers were the only one's that got the applications. (remember it's not who you blow, it's who you know) so when it comes to the union office none of them will blow each other, so they opt for the ladder.

You all are so helpful to an 18 year old young man. Congratulations on showing wonderful class.

Bulls11, Check with your local Employment office. Ford typically tests and hires through them. Sometimes, current employees get to submit names for consideration as well.

Edited by Twincam Harley
  • Like 6

how to get a job at ford? if it were easy i have a bunch of people that would be working here. unfortunately its "who you know or who you blow". so unless you know someone in the union or in the office you're fighting an uphill battle thats not worth it, go to college or a trade school. i wish i had.

how to get a job at ford? if it were easy i have a bunch of people that would be working here. unfortunately its "who you know or who you blow". so unless you know someone in the union or in the office you're fighting an uphill battle thats not worth it, go to college or a trade school. i wish i had.

I find a lot of truth to that as well. In our plant, to the best of my knowledge, all new hires and summer help got in because of "who you know". Which is either saleried or hourly emploees. Not aware of any " who you blow" going on. At least i wasnt in the receiving linup. (not in the giving either!):shades:

Dont get cought by the admin's posting in this Employee forum only

:finger:

• Like 1

Dont get cought by the admin's posting in this Employee forum only

:finger:

There's as much proof his IS an employee as there is that he is NOT. Troll? Snitch? Naive public sniffing around?

All possible. But being respectful in advising him that he's like a snowball in hell in a tanning bed with the furnace on high, would be the courteous thing to do.

There's as much proof his IS an employee as there is that he is NOT. Troll? Snitch? Naive public sniffing around?

All possible. But being respectful in advising him that he's like a snowball in hell in a tanning bed with the furnace on high, would be the courteous thing to do.

Nothing in his post is suggesting that he IS a employee.Therefore the heads-up.

Word of advise to you I work at an assembly plant and trust me you do not want to work there you are better off joining the military than working at an assembly plant . I am also in the national guard If I could go back now and do it all over again than I would stay in the military .

• Like 1

Word of advise to you I work at an assembly plant and trust me you do not want to work there you are better off joining the military than working at an assembly plant . I am also in the national guard If I could go back now and do it all over again than I would stay in the military .

I graduated from a High School Military Academy and I hated it I was thinking of joining the Marines when I was little but not anymore. Before my senior year I was thinking of going to Universal Technical Institute and being in their Ford Fact program to become a mechanic, but my cousin who used to work as a salesman in Big Texas Ford in Dallas told me I would be better off working in the assembly plant because they would pay better and doing a little more research about the school and read some bad reviews about it so I completely changed my mind about it. I really think I would enjoy working at the plant because making cars would be a job that I would love to do.

I graduated from a High School Military Academy and I hated it I was thinking of joining the Marines when I was little but not anymore. Before my senior year I was thinking of going to Universal Technical Institute and being in their Ford Fact program to become a mechanic, but my cousin who used to work as a salesman in Big Texas Ford in Dallas told me I would be better off working in the assembly plant because they would pay better and doing a little more research about the school and read some bad reviews about it so I completely changed my mind about it. I really think I would enjoy working at the plant because making cars would be a job that I would love to do.

There are mehanic schools in the air force and also the navy personally I would choose the air force if I was to do it all over again because I went in the navy right after high school and didn't like it I went to the air foce later its like night and day difference air fore is way better. I'm telling you man I've worked an assembly plant for 17 years I hate it your body hurts every day you feel like you get your ass kicked day after day and now they only hire you for $14 /hr it's not worth it .