Ford of Europe H1 sales rise on demand for new Focus, C-Max

Strong demand for the new Focus, Focus C-Max and Transit helped Ford of Europe increase June sales by 6.6 percent to 151,700 units across 51 European markets including Russia and Turkey. Half-year sales in the same markets rose 1.6 percent to 836,000 in year-on-year figures, the automaker added.

Ford sold 10,200 units of the new Focus C-Max in June in Europe, the best June for the vehicle since 2008. Similarly, Ford Transit sales rose 1.7 percent in June to 12,900 units, the largest June volume for the Transit since 2008.

10,200 units of the C-Max in June - wow! I wonder if this product will translate well for the U.S. in hybrid/PIH form.

Full article here: http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110715/ANE/110719930/1497

Edited by Harley Lover

10,200 units of the C-Max in June - wow! I wonder if this product will translate well for the U.S. in hybrid/PIH form.

Full article here: http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110715/ANE/110719930/1497

Russian has same population as Japan. But its land is much much bigger than Japanese. Russian has enough petroleum. If FoMoCo perform well, Russian and other eastern European country can be crucial factor of Ford global strategy. BTW, I found there are a lot of east European descendant in Michigan. With their influence, Russian should prefer American car.