question on speaker replacement

blownblu03

im upgrading the stock speakers to a much better quality one but my question is, how can I find out which lead is positive and which is negitive? Anyone have a wiring diagram to determine this? I am replacing the front door 5x7s and rear deck lid 5x7s and leaving the factory 8" subs for now. I'd love to know the colors on the subs as well for future reference.

Thanks

Joe

im upgrading the stock speakers to a much better quality one but my question is, how can I find out which lead is positive and which is negitive? Anyone have a wiring diagram to determine this? I am replacing the front door 5x7s and rear deck lid 5x7s and leaving the factory 8" subs for now. I'd love to know the colors on the subs as well for future reference.

Thanks

Joe

Get the adapters from Crutchfield and you don't have to worry about it - they can only go on one way.

• Like 1

Thanks

Joe

You could hook up a 1.5v battery to the speaker and watch which way the cones move. I they move out-correct polarity-if they move in-reversed polarity. simple matter to determine which is positive and match it up to the wires. What I found in changing my speakers is the positive wire is closest to the "key-slot" in the plug. Always double check though.