Why no heated AND cooled seats available in Edge?

Going_Going_Gone

We're in the market for a 2012 vehicle, likely an Edge, but living in Phoenix would like to have cooled seats. They are available in the Lincoln MKX, which is virtually the same vehicle built on the same line but with the 3.7 liter engine. My X-Plan cost for an Edge Limited with package 302A and 20" wheels is approx $5K less than for a similarly-equipped MKX with cooled seats . Odd that they would offer it in one version of a vehicle and not the other because at that premium, I'm doubting that that feature is enough to move many high-end Edge buyers over to Lincoln.

We're in the market for a 2012 vehicle, likely an Edge, but living in Phoenix would like to have cooled seats. They are available in the Lincoln MKX, which is virtually the same vehicle built on the same line but with the 3.7 liter engine. My X-Plan cost for an Edge Limited with package 302A and 20" wheels is approx $5K less than for a similarly-equipped MKX with cooled seats . Odd that they would offer it in one version of a vehicle and not the other because at that premium, I'm doubting that that feature is enough to move many high-end Edge buyers over to Lincoln.

That's exactly WHY they only offer it on the MKX - to get you to upgrade. There are a lot of other benefits including better materials, more sound deadening, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

That's exactly WHY they only offer it on the MKX - to get you to upgrade. There are a lot of other benefits including better materials, more sound deadening, etc.

But the heated AND cooled seats are available in the 2012 Explorer. Look into an 2012 Explorer. It only has a $3,000-$3,500 cost difference between the Edge. My wife and I were going to get an 2011 Limited Edge with the 301A package. However, when my wife test drove the 2012 Explorer, she loved the cooled front seats. Living in Texas, this is a nice feature. We then looked at the 2012 Explorer and option for option the 2012 Explorer was only $3,200 more. So we ordered the Explorer.

But the heated AND cooled seats are available in the 2012 Explorer. Look into an 2012 Explorer. It only has a $3,000-$3,500 cost difference between the Edge. My wife and I were going to get an 2011 Limited Edge with the 301A package. However, when my wife test drove the 2012 Explorer, she loved the cooled front seats. Living in Texas, this is a nice feature. We then looked at the 2012 Explorer and option for option the 2012 Explorer was only $3,200 more. So we ordered the Explorer.

I agree it's nice to have. We had it on our Aviator. I wish it was available on the Edge. But the Explorer doesn't have a close Lincoln counterpart like the Edge does. That's just my guess on why they don't offer it on the Edge, just like HIDs on the Edge Sport.