1st - 4th skip shift

debodav

Has any one disabled the skip shift function on the new 6 speed trany? how is it done .

thanks David

There is a thread on this... Its about 8-10 threads down. Try searching first but I'll make it easy for you.

Tune it out or try this...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/how-370/740066-skip-shift-mod-w-o-needing-tune.html

Edited by Jewish Santa

• 4 weeks later...

For all those concerned about this feature: Here is my experience with my car! I don't know if there have been changes to how the car is set up. AGAIN THIS IS MY EXPERIENCE WITH MY CAR. No I have not put a tuner on my car or disconnected the 1-4 connector on the transmission!

On august 30th my 2012 Grabber Blue 6 spd 5.0 was delivered. I currently have a bit under 900 miles on it. During the 2 weeks I have been driving it the 1-4 shift light has come on several times. The first time it came on I thought ok I will play and shifted to 4th. Doing that sucked since it bogged the car down. Since then I NEVER shifted to 4th when the 1-4 shift light comes on. I know that book leads you to believe it "locks" 2nd and 3rd. With my car that is it does NOT LOCK OUT 2nd and 3rd gear. I simply ignore the light and shift the transmission in anyway I want to.

Perhaps others should do the same: ignore the prompt and shift normally to see what their cars do.

David