Obama or Mullaly?

cal50

If the two were running for president today I wonder how many party line voters would still choose Obama over someone that clearly has a grasp on running a successful business and employing people. Mullaly is likely the evil republican (never know) but I could guess the people here that would still choose Obama (again) after clearly demonstrating he is WAY out of his league.

The Obama defenders would still praise their selection if a letter "D" was next to the persons name regardless of the other person running. Not to say that on the republican side there is not the same party line supporters but people have to start being honest about the people they are putting in power and what is really coming from them.

Now wait for yet another speech about what has to be done instead of actually doing it.

• Like 5

Obama never did a deal and the 1 deal he attempted to do was corrupt. Allan has done many deals but does not have politics skills.

if Trump gets in the ring as an Independent, we need to vote trump!.

This pussy foot politics has to stop, we need a hard head hard ass in office.

It sounds like a great idea - to have a great CEO like Mulally run the country but being President would be totally different experience than running a company with a whole set of additional skills needed. The President can not order Congress to do anything but needs to have the skills to bargain and compromise. Many CEO's do not have these skills. I remember reading Lee Iacocca's auto biography and he mentioned that after saving Chrysler there were a lot of people pushing him to run for President and when Iacocca asked for his friend Speaker Tip O'Neill's opinion, Tip told Lee to forget about it because it was totally different than running a company. Even with Trump's success he is used to ordering people around and getting things done which would not happen if he was President. I must admit, I would love to see Trump become President just to see what he could accomplish. I like what I have heard him say about our trade agreements. Basically he says they stink and need to be changed because the American worker is getting screwed. It seems like the last thing a politician cares about is the well being of our country but only what to do in order to get re-elected - a good reason for term limits.

• Like 1

Trump couldn't be president. and why would i elect a person who has run his company into Bankruptcy? Obama didn't do that and your clamoring for his head. Sure Trump never had a personal bankruptcy but he's had the debt restructured twice while he was in charge.

How is that a capable business man?

I suspect Trump could have had better results if HE could raise his debt ceiling and print cash.

• Like 4

I don't see Alan Mulally doing THIS!

The problem with public housing is that the residents are not the owners. The people that live in the house did not earn the house, but were loaned the property from the true owners, the taxpayers. Because of this, the residents do not have the "pride of ownership" that comes with the hard work necessary. In fact, the opposite happens and the residents resent their benefactors because the very house is a constant reminder that they themselves did not earn the right to live in the house. They do not appreciate the value of the property and see no need to maintain or respect it in any way.

The result is the same whether you are talking about a studio apartment or a magnificent mansion full of priceless antiques. If the people who live there do not feel they earned the privilege, they will make this known through their actions. The pictures below illustrates the point:

post-23273-0-51962700-1314028778_thumb.jpg

post-23273-0-99311000-1314028777_thumb.jpg

The Resolute Desk was built from the timbers of the HMS Resolute and was a gift from Queen Victoria to President Rutherford B. Hayes.

It is considered a national treasure and icon of the presidency.

Mr. Obama, you are not in a hut in Kenya or Indonesia, or public housing in Chicago .

With all due respect to your position, get your f***ing feet off our desk!

Edited by FiredMotorCompany
  • Like 2

Now, those are the snopes images.

I was intentionally not saying anything about your post. Because i would have to say that this comes a little close to being bigoted.

Actually i was hoping that you copied this, because that's not a very pretty statement.

I went to Snopes and saw the other occasions they provided. I am angered by them all. Bush, Ford, Obama. It is not a question of who so much as the act.

Don't get side tracked. Yes, I pasted an email. The gist of which I support. The reference to Kenya, Indonesia or Chicago....oops.

Back to the topic of the post.

Can you visualize (see) Alan Mulally kicking his feet up on that desk?

Do you have no issue with ANYONE treating our property, historical artifact and national gift, symbol of the office of the president, as if we could run down to Office depot and pick up another?

He is our tenant. That is NOT HIS PROPERTY, other than his 1/350,000,000th share.

"Hey, it's a tough job. Cut him some slack. Whadda expect? Take his shoes off when he walks in?"

That's a start.

Edited by FiredMotorCompany
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You are comparing a democracy to a corporate dictatorship. Not really a good comparison. Obama can't fire all the lunatic Republicans who have made it their sole job to destroy the country. Mulally wouldn't be able to do that either.

And unfortunately, the public has to wait until an election before they can fire Obama.

• Like 3

You are comparing a democracy to a corporate dictatorship. Not really a good comparison. Obama can't fire all the lunatic Republicans who have made it their sole job to destroy the country. Mulally wouldn't be able to do that either.

I am comparing real world smarts in between the two men. One has positive experience in business and can make sound or educated decisions on how to move forward and MAKE money.

The other has ZERO experience in the real world on any level in regards to investing money and return on investment. This same person has zero experience on any city, state or federal level as well.

Your so called "lunatic republicans" statement shows you (like others) are blind and stupid to all or any options available. You simple look for the "D" and vote accordingly.

Not all republican are good picks and there are a like number of democrats not worth a crap also. To blindly and solely look at only one party is a big mistake and shows your dense mentality.

A new president alone will not "fix" the problems. Whomever it is they need a like minded support group of people in the house and senate.

Given the shift in some major house and senate seats and the huge public attitude swing the masses are showing their dissatisfaction with the current president and cabinet. Keep blaming it solely on republican becasue most people are feeling and voting otherwise.

To really appreciate a Reagan you need a Carter.

Obama is the replacement Carter in real time.

ave you continually missed that Trump's company has gone bankrupt with him running the show?

But he hasn't run a company into banckruptcy either.

Here's a lesson someone should have taught you. If you don't fall down, you never learn how to pick yourself up.

Almost every successful businessman has failed at one point. They became successful because they learned from that mistake, and knew not to make it again.

As an example, Trump may have gone bankrupt, but he's ain't poor now. Which means he knows what not to do. When your only real world experience is organizing a community, it's no wonder you are completely lost when it comes to running a country.

Did you vote for Bush in 2004? Certainly like Cocheese said he was awful early in his term and yet was re-elected.

Actually, I never said when I thought Bush became awful, so please stop spreading lies.

To really appreciate Clinton you need to be bookend by Bush's.

6 years of Republican controlled Senate and Congress helped too.

Edited by Cocheese
  • Like 2

Because Fired is either on the Payroll of Fox (Lies) News or the Republican Party. He always has to come and defend them and put up a bunch of bullshit that he calls facts. He doesn't work at Ford.

Only payroll I get says "Ford Motor Company" on it. And I am UAW. I just expect better from my union. I doubt I will get better, but I keep pushing for the highest accountability and quality of representation my 2 hours can get. I am clearly NOT a dyed in the wool liberal, just as I am not a lockstep conservative. Each elected official, whether union or governmental earns my vote individually. Frequently, I am not so much in support of a particular issue as I am intending the reader to contemplate an alternative viewpoint. I leave it to the reader to use their intellect to come to their own conclusions. Or at a minimum, examine their own convictions.

Isn't that the point of discussion?

• Like 2

I have to say I am very pleased with both their performance. Unfortunately Obama doesn't have control to choose, hire or fire all the management like Alan does. If Mulally had come up against the same resistance to change then either Ford would not have undergone such a transformation, or allot of people would have been getting fired until he was getting the support he demanded.

By the way this thread is pushing the new topic policies, and it should be moved. If it is allowed to remain then anytime these dumb dumbs want to argue politics, they will just somehow inject some Ford related subject into the debate so it stays on the employee boards.

Edited by Furious1Auto