Van Dyke construction project

NeedTradesJobs

So Van Dyke is going to lay off the "temp" tradesmen in 3 to 4 weeks. The project engineers have made it clear there is work to last thru the middle of next year. Instead of keeping brothers and sisters working, Van Dyke is going to kick the tradesmen out before the new contract, just in case, and ensure the "all the overtime you can work" people there will reelect the current office holders. That's solidarity for ya. Oh and don't bother trying to call the IUAW because 99% of time they don't answer the phone or return a call. The 1% they do they just tell you each local can do what they want. Thanks for taking my union dues and then kicking me in the balls!

• Like 3

So Van Dyke is going to lay off the "temp" tradesmen in 3 to 4 weeks. The project engineers have made it clear there is work to last thru the middle of next year. Instead of keeping brothers and sisters working, Van Dyke is going to kick the tradesmen out before the new contract, just in case, and ensure the "all the overtime you can work" people there will reelect the current office holders. That's solidarity for ya. Oh and don't bother trying to call the IUAW because 99% of time they don't answer the phone or return a call. The 1% they do they just tell you each local can do what they want. Thanks for taking my union dues and then kicking me in the balls!

Van Dyke has gone from one of the strongest union houses to the weakest in a matter of 12 months. Trades big time but everyone has gotten f-cked one way or another. leaders are a joke, management has just run over them. They are now bringing up to 180 new bodies in there by end of year, with zero new jobs coming in. How the hell does that happen? There will for sure be layoffs for VD people down the road, when FN goes out, and no way will there be any overtime. The current office holders don't have a prayer of getting re-elected. They have been in hiding for the last 11 months. My guess is that they are bringing in people to get their votes, They know there's no way the VD people are putting them back in.

• Like 4

Van Dyke has gone from one of the strongest union houses to the weakest in a matter of 12 months. Trades big time but everyone has gotten f-cked one way or another. leaders are a joke, management has just run over them. They are now bringing up to 180 new bodies in there by end of year, with zero new jobs coming in. How the hell does that happen? There will for sure be layoffs for VD people down the road, when FN goes out, and no way will there be any overtime. The current office holders don't have a prayer of getting re-elected. They have been in hiding for the last 11 months. My guess is that they are bringing in people to get their votes, They know there's no way the VD people are putting them back in.

Tango if you don't know what you are talking about shut up . The room is doing fine and there's plenty of work.

• Like 1

I agree, when our last chairman was in office we brought in I believe approx. 300 people from Utica then had a layoff shortly after. Van Dyke and temp. trades have installed over 90% of a new line after the last project was completely contracted out. Things are not perfect but in my opinion they are better than they were before.

• Like 2

New products and new investments is the only way skilled will finally get into permanent jobs. The temp set up isn't perfect but its helped over 100 trades keep their rate of pay and kept them out of production.

You are right. We need new products and investments for both skilled and production. The UAW has been successful since the last contract in bringing in product and investment due to the Entry Level wage. I hope cooler heads prevail in this contract and we don't do something rash which would lead to a loss of work and investment. We need to think long term for all of our future,

• Like 1

Tango if you don't know what you are talking about shut up . The room is doing fine and there's plenty of work.

givemeabreak---come on Miller couldn't get any one of your Vigilante :sos: suckasses to back you on this? you gotta make a new name? why didn't you just come on as toolman? I know exactly what I'm talking about---You flooded that plant--- with not one job opening, ---you got people knocked out of their jobs--- forced to afternoons, making them contingents---no bidding, no transfer box ---ever read your contract?----word is you agreed to 180 by the end of the year? Where they going? Who's job they taken? Way to look out for your Van Dyke brothers Rob. Looks like my theory is correct. You can tell how fine the room is by all the people who jumped to your defense---can't count your multiple personalities on here.------ "The room is doing fine" -------what I think you meant to say is--------The room is a "fine" place to hide! :fan:

• Like 4

givemeabreak---come on Miller couldn't get any one of your Vigilante :sos: suckasses to back you on this? you gotta make a new name? why didn't you just come on as toolman? I know exactly what I'm talking about---You flooded that plant--- with not one job opening, ---you got people knocked out of their jobs--- forced to afternoons, making them contingents---no bidding, no transfer box ---ever read your contract?----word is you agreed to 180 by the end of the year? Where they going? Who's job they taken? Way to look out for your Van Dyke brothers Rob. Looks like my theory is correct. You can tell how fine the room is by all the people who jumped to your defense---can't count your multiple personalities on here.------ "The room is doing fine" -------what I think you meant to say is--------The room is a "fine" place to hide! :fan:

Tango you know exactly NOTHING !!! First time i been on !Thank you.

Dude if you know so much ! why didn't you run? Oh YOU DID YOU LOST.

Van Dyke is a good place to work.

What is your problem ? SORE LOSER !!!! :blah: :blah: :blah:

• Like 1

Tango you know exactly NOTHING !!! First time i been on !Thank you.

Dude if you know so much ! why didn't you run? Oh YOU DID YOU LOST.

Van Dyke is a good place to work.

What is your problem ? SORE LOSER !!!! :blah: :blah: :blah:

LMFAO :hysterical: ---all day long I was expecting ljcdad aka Joe to come crawling out from Millers ass crack with some profoundly stupid reply----So late in the day Miller puts out a new guy named givemeabreak aka JOE CHODACKI :kissass: ---.DUDE you create a new name but keep calling people DUDE--- DUDE that was just plain pitifull. But DUDE, thanks for confirming the accuracy of my response and my assessment of whats going on. Miller is in total violation of contract and the response is to attack the past chair. It is as weak as your current chairman Miller is. DUDE there is no one he can point fingers at on this one. DUDE you said Van Dyke is a good place to work---What I think you meant to say is Van Duke USED to be a good place to work and the people shouldn't loose their jobs because of some political ploy.----------DUDE thanks for the laugh!

• Like 4

I went through old tangos dept yesterday and his co workers tell me he's on a huge binge!! Cut him some space! he has been missing a lot of work and screwing his dept out of a lot of money.

You were in my dept. yesterday? sorry I missed you. I'm at Sterling you dumb suck-ass.

• Like 4

And yet.......

1. Your on intimate terms with our committee room and their decisions.

2. Have a beef with both Robb and Vince.

3. Don't seem to recognize my name despite my father being well known at Sterling.

4. You like to get involved with Local 2280 internal politics.

Some how all that doesn't add up.

And as far as the temps being laid off, I was told by a rep that it was the companies decision. The the plant did not want to keep them past the date of their temporary status. And that the work level was down too.

But what do i know, i don't work at Sterling.

It wasn't the companies decision. The local wants the guys out of there!

• Like 2

And yet.......

1. Your on intimate terms with our committee room and their decisions.

2. Have a beef with both Robb and Vince.

3. Don't seem to recognize my name despite my father being well known at Sterling.

4. You like to get involved with Local 2280 internal politics.

Some how all that doesn't add up.

And as far as the temps being laid off, I was told by a rep that it was the companies decision. The the plant did not want to keep them past the date of their temporary status. And that the work level was down too.

But what do i know, i don't work at Sterling.

Trades issue and contract violations by leadership for political gain resulting in the loss of jobs should not be minimized to just a "beef". Doesn't matter where, shouldn't all leadership be call on it when its going on? It would seem your the one with the beef. you go after mod? last I heard he was not your chair but instead of going after the issue you continue to go after someone that has nothing to to with any of it. You got no reason to blame anyone but the people in charge now. You just feed into all the union bullshit and you confirm my theories when you avoid the issues. Although your conspiracy theories are amusing my only point was about leadership and the political bullshit. I guess your job is not at risk---not yet.

Deflection.

Tell us why someone at another plant would have such intimate knowledge of what exactly goes on at Van Dyke and put out multiple posts attacking our President and Chairman over the course of a year. I came from Sterling, have family at Sterling and i don't get involved in its internal politics. I don't know who your chairman is or even care.

Can you see where i'm going with this?

You got people over here, I got people ALL THE WAY OVER THERE, people and politics has crossed over for years and you know that for fact. That has been established on here for years. Yes I do see where you are going---round and round in circles trying to do anything to distract from issues that are brought up. Seems your more concerned with the messenger than the message. Being the know it all you think you are---if the issues put on here were off base you would have said so but it is fact that your leadership has done nothing but f-ck trades and now are f-cking prod. by flooding the plant with no job openings, violating the contract and costing people their jobs, all for politics and their own gain. If you don't think plant politics crosses over from one plant to another just look at how we are ALL on lock down because of one Vince Cola.(you brought him up) That ass-hole calls the media on a brother and now it has spread

through out the industry one calling on another, see how that works bullshit spreads from one plant to another. The failures of all leadership in time will effect everyone. Try to stay on point.

• Like 5

Listen Bro, I was in office when the issue of who was going to install the new assembly line came up and we fought like hell to have our trades install it. The company wanted to contract it out (as usual) and tried to get us to agree to utilizing our trades on "what we could handle" while the contractors did the majority of work. Our first reaction was to add to our trades workforce by bringing in UAW trades that were laid off in order to 1) keep the work in house and 2) keep you guys from burning through all your sub pay and tap. Now if you think it was easy to convince the company to let our trades do it (along with other UAW trade support) your mistaken. A number of us fought like hell to bring you guys in but none more than John Aversano. So instead of Mother fucking people, maybe you should be thanking John and others that you still have some sub and tap left. As far as laying off the "temp" trades goes, exactly what do you want the local to do? First off, what makes you think that YOU would be the one to get the opening if we posted for permanent trades. Considering the position went from "temp" to "permanent", is there a chance IUAW could bring in higher seniority who are laid off and have burned their sub and tap to fill those jobs? ( which would put you out anyway) Second, do you honestly expect the local to bring trades in for permanent positions without looking into the future to see if there will be long term employment for them? You may think I'm a no good POS, but if it were me, I would only bring permanent help in IF i knew they could be utilized long term without any chance of layoff. Now I wont speak for anyone else but I would question any chairman that says he/she would bring in permanent trades without knowing if they could be utilized long term. We at Van Dyke have been working together for many years. We know each others families, we hang out after work, and were are like our own little family here. I personally would not post for permanent trades and risk the jobs of the people I have and know UNLESS I know for SURE that I can utilize them long term. Don't get me wrong, I feel for you brother and I'm all for keeping ya on permanent if it's at all possible. But I'm not going to lie to you and say even if it means that one of my close friends that I have worked with for 20 years gets thrown to the streets. I personally think we have room for a few Millwrights and can employ them long term, but I wouldn't make everyone permanent without first knowing how FN shakes out and risk layoffs down the road. Now you may not like my opinion and you may not like me, but at least I told ya the truth under my REAL name. I have one question for you though: If you were the chairman of a plant and you worked with your friends for close to 20 years, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

• Like 2

Look out for your Van Dyke brothers? How about looking out for all of you union brothers? You INDIVIDUALS kill me!

Now that I think about it, that's exactly what you were told when you were up front for orientation and someone asked about making the temp jobs permanent. You were told that if there was long term employment available when the project was finishing up, we would ask for permanent trade support. As far as trusting what a "project engineer" tells you, well you can do that if you want but it's REAL easy to say whatever you want when you don't have to answer or be held accountable for what you say!

• Like 2

Isn't. It already established------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Who the tango is?---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thank you---