Scratch touch up for White Platinum Tri-Coat

geost1

I've got a 2012 Fusion on order with the White Platinum Tri-Coat exterior and have a question about repairing scratches. Since this paint job is a multilayer process can a scratch be repaired with touch up paint like any other color?

The reason I ask is because my cousin has the same type of paint job on his Nissan Altima. When he got a surface scratch on it he was told that touch up paint would NOT fix it because the paint job was multilayer. Instead he was told the whole body panel had to be repainted, at a cost of several hundred dollars. I was wondering if Ford's Tri-Coat exterior was the same way. If anyone has had to deal with a scratch please tell me about your experience.

Thanks.

I've got a 2012 Fusion on order with the White Platinum Tri-Coat exterior and have a question about repairing scratches. Since this paint job is a multilayer process can a scratch be repaired with touch up paint like any other color?

The reason I ask is because my cousin has the same type of paint job on his Nissan Altima. When he got a surface scratch on it he was told that touch up paint would NOT fix it because the paint job was multilayer. Instead he was told the whole body panel had to be repainted, at a cost of several hundred dollars. I was wondering if Ford's Tri-Coat exterior was the same way. If anyone has had to deal with a scratch please tell me about your experience.

Thanks.

Paintscratch.com sells a repair kit with base coat, middle coat and clear coat. I started to repair bumper scratches but never finished it. It appears that it will do a pretty good job but not as good as repainting. I wouldn't let that stop you if you really like the color.

Paintscratch.com sells a repair kit with base coat, middle coat and clear coat. I started to repair bumper scratches but never finished it. It appears that it will do a pretty good job but not as good as repainting. I wouldn't let that stop you if you really like the color.

Thank you, I'll have to look into getting one of those kits.

I'm definitely getting the color, was just a little concerned about dealing with scratches. The car is going to be garage kept but that doesn't help when it's parked at Wal-Mart and the shopping carts are on the prowl. :hide:

I have a 2010 MKZ in White Platinum . I picked up a touch up bottle from the Ford parts dept. for some stone chips. the colour is a perfect match. All colours are present as well as the gloss layer. No need to worry. One bottle does it all.

Nice, that's what I wanted to hear. My only concern with this color was repairing minor scratches and chips, an ongoing issue on our fine Pittsburgh roads....

Thanks for the update! B)