Medical while striking?

warmpoper

HI, My question is simple. My wife is due for surgery on the Forth of Oct. If we are on strike...do we still have our regular insurance?

thanks for any help you can give me.

I think it depends on when the company decides to cut you off, or their may be language in our contract the deals with that. Verizon recently was going to cut off their strikers after 30 days. You then would have to pay for COBRA.

I think it depends on when the company decides to cut you off, or their may be language in our contract the deals with that. Verizon recently was going to cut off their strikers after 30 days. You then would have to pay for COBRA.

If we go on strike all benefits are gone including health care Your healthcare coverage should last until the last day of the month that you was employeed "strike on september 15 2011 health care last until september 30 2011"

COBRA your health care will continue for up to 18 months if you pay the premiums outlined under the Group Plan

Have Faith Brothers and Sisters

You May Not like Bob King I don't personally hes a arrogant asshole

Llke most union reps that have forgot what its like to be on the assembly line

Just remember Salary got a pay raise last year "2010" a raise average 3% bonus average for supervisors 5 to 12 thousand + profit sharing average 12,000 +

LET THEM LIE

Overcompensated Management :redcard:

INTERNET IS YOUR FRIEND :happy feet:

• Like 1

HI, My question is simple. My wife is due for surgery on the Forth of Oct. If we are on strike...do we still have our regular insurance?

Source below from, UAW.ORG

The UAW always strives to settle contracts and disputes with management through negotiations, not strikes. Contrary to anti-union propaganda, the vast majority of UAW contracts are settled at the bargaining table without resorting to strike action. Nevertheless, there are times when talks alone don't succeed in resolving issues.

The democratic procedure for calling a strike is spelled out in Article 50 of the UAW Constitution.

The local union or the International Executive Board may issue a call for a strike vote.

All members in the bargaining unit(s) involved must be given due notice of where and when the strike vote will take place.

Only members in good standing are eligible to vote.

The strike vote must be conducted by secret ballot.

The ballots are counted by a committee elected for that specific purpose by the members.

A two-thirds majority of those casting ballots must vote in favor of a strike before any strike authorization can be requested from the International Executive Board.

The International Executive Board must approve and authorize any strike action. Authorization comes only after the International Executive Board has confirmed that all of the above conditions have been met.

Once the IEB authorizes a strike, the striking members are eligible for benefits from the UAW Strike Fund. Current strike benefits are $200 per week and health care coverage and life insurance.

To receive strike benefits, a member must take part in picket line duty and/or other strike support activities.

.......................................................................................................................................................

The health benefits are covered in a strike. Glad to see you concerned about the possibility. I have been saving for months. With the problems at GM and Chrysler a strike at Ford may be eminent. These companies are still obviously crying poor boy and things are going to get worse before they get better.

Be prepared

• Like 3

LOL, there will be no strike! Bob King will not authorize a strike! Bob King is in bed with Fomoco!

I think it depends more on if the membership votes down the agreement. If we do I don't put it past King to go on strike. What would they have to go back and bargain for? I think the International understands a "no" vote on this contract means we are out on the picket line. If it is voted down, get ready to live on $200 a week.

You're alot more likely to win the lottery than you are to go on strike, so don't worry about it.

Thank You. I don't know 3 people in my facility that have more than 2 weeks savings so everyone will vote "yes" because they're scared to death. If there is a signing bonus that is even $1 more than the $3k we got last time, all of the crackheads will jump all over it. Look at what GM is getting in a few days because that is what you are getting and be glad you got that. We might get an extra $1000 or so with the EOS greivence. We need 2/3 majority to strike. There won't be 10% that vote to strike no matter what we are offered.

Thank You. I don't know 3 people in my facility that have more than 2 weeks savings so everyone will vote "yes" because they're scared to death. If there is a signing bonus that is even $1 more than the $3k we got last time, all of the crackheads will jump all over it. Look at what GM is getting in a few days because that is what you are getting and be glad you got that. We might get an extra $1000 or so with the EOS greivence. We need 2/3 majority to strike. There won't be 10% that vote to strike no matter what we are offered.

The strike vote was 2 weeks ago. We got our usual 95% + .

The IUAW has the ability to call a strike at any time since we gave them authorization.

I expect if we dont get huge product commitments like GM IUAW may strike.

Be ready just in case.

Nobody expected GM and Chrysler to strike 4 years ago but they did over lack of product commitments.

• Like 1

The IUAW has the ability to call a strike at any time since we gave them authorization.

Be ready just in case.

Nobody expected GM and Chrysler to strike 4 years ago but they did over lack of product commitments.

Each day Chrysler fights the UAW machine the closer we get to a possible strike :angry2:

• Like 1

There is a new provision in the healthcare act that states a company now must extend healthcare benefits for 30 more days after the cut off date of one's employment. If you go on strike technically you are no longer employed by the company, however being that we are unionized there are union provisions and state statutes that force a company to hold open your employment status but they do not have to hold open your healthcare, so after 30 days of your cut off date your no longer eligible for paid healthcare benefits.

Don't let this scare you tho, if you plan on voting NO on any tentative agreements that the IUAW and Ford come out with. Don't allow your employment or healthcare status interfere for what you think is right at the polls. If you do, you may be jeopardizing your future at Ford. It's a good thing we didn't say "yes" on taking away our rights to strike, that would have been the final nail in our coffin.

Edited by novoter4life

Be ready just in case.

They put a 4 week deadline to Chrysler. Hope we can get an agreement before then