SIGNING BONUS FOR FOR ILO PEOPLE

done

IS IT TRUE THAT PEOPLE ON LAYOFF WON'T GET THE SIGNING BONUS,THAT'S BULLSHIT.

You don't seem to understand just what ILO stands for.

It means "Indefinite Lay Off" which is another way of saying "job separation" or "let go" and merely a step up from "fired".

If it weren't for the contract language keeping you on a list for call back if there is an opening until your seniority is exhausted you would have been informed that you have been "let go".

Now, knowing that: Why would any company pay a bonus of any kind to an ex-employee?

• Like 1

If your on ILO it's by choice cause jobs have been

Posted, chicago was posted last year for everybody.

So if you don't get the signing bonus only have

Yourself to blame for not signing up to work.

Well dumdass I just got laidoff and I did sign up to go somewhere but I dont get to go intil Dec.goes for you to Trufflebuns

Edited by done

IS IT TRUE THAT PEOPLE ON LAYOFF WON'T GET THE SIGNING BONUS,THAT'S BULLSHIT.

Brother Done,

This is a negotiable item. If our national bargainers press this issue at the table then there is a good chance laid-off members can receive it. Last contract our laid-off brothers and sisters didn't receive the signing bonus. Another post on this issue on another thread wrote that proposals were turned in to the national bargainers that laid off members receive the signing bonus It may behoove our members to contact their chairmen especially if they are national bargainers to not forget the laid-off sisters and brothers. The economic issues at Ford are not resolved yet so there may be time for laid-off and active members (with the exception of a scab wannabe such as truffle buns) to have an impact on this issue. Also, it may be a good idea to check the GM agreement to see if their laid-off members will receive the signing bonus. Good luck!

Brother Done,

This is a negotiable item. If our national bargainers press this issue at the table then there is a good chance laid-off members can receive it. Last contract our laid-off brothers and sisters didn't receive the signing bonus. Another post on this issue on another thread wrote that proposals were turned in to the national bargainers that laid off members receive the signing bonus It may behoove our members to contact their chairmen especially if they are national bargainers to not forget the laid-off sisters and brothers. The economic issues at Ford are not resolved yet so there may be time for laid-off and active members (with the exception of a scab wannabe such as truffle buns) to have an impact on this issue. Also, it may be a good idea to check the GM agreement to see if their laid-off members will receive the signing bonus. Good luck!

THANKS BROTHER POWERSHAPGOOD I'LL DO THAT

Thats the sacrifice for not signing up to go somewhere! You are going back to work in in Dec? must be LAP, the price you pay for not moving

So question, if we are in michigan and have signed up months ago to go to LAP and were just laid off this week, what exactly when exactly were we supposed to move and what else could we have signed up for?

So question, if we are in michigan and have signed up months ago to go to LAP and were just laid off this week, what exactly when exactly were we supposed to move and what else could we have signed up for?

Other plants you could of signed up for and would probably be working right now, you chose LAP knowing you would not go til Dec-Jan.

• Like 2

Other plants you could of signed up for and would probably be working right now, you chose LAP knowing you would not go til Dec-Jan.

We were offered Chicago and LAP neither of which are working yet. We also didn't know we would be laid off before going. All I'm saying is people are telling us it is our fault since we turned down going to places with work, but that isn't true.

@fordw1fe....you guys were never offered DTP?? God knows they always need people! Why they would offer you out-of-state bids only boggles the mind! I was laidoff from REP back in 2005, "forced" to AAI for 5 years, now i am at DTP. I hope everything works out for my brothers and sisters at REP.

• Like 1

@fordw1fe....you guys were never offered DTP?? God knows they always need people! Why they would offer you out-of-state bids only boggles the mind! I was laidoff from REP back in 2005, "forced" to AAI for 5 years, now i am at DTP. I hope everything works out for my brothers and sisters at REP.

If they did offer DTP can you really blame them for not signing up? Let this place be the last shit hole you want to transfer to.

I think, but am not sure, that if you were just laid off you are still on the rolls meaning you are still eligible for Sub, have recall rights and you can still vote on the contract. If you are eligible to vote on the contract you are eligible to recieve the signing bonus. Even though you may be on ILO with no recall date if you were just laid off you are still on the rolls.

Someone with better research and computer skills than mine may be able to look that up and post it.

If they did offer DTP can you really blame them for not signing up? Let this place be the last shit hole you want to transfer to.

It's better then having no job at all. There r some at REP that have been laidoff since last year and their weeks are running out. They asked their local union if they could sign up for DTP and were told no...its out of zone. Really? But you are gonna offer out of state bids where they have to uproot their family? Just doesn't make any sense

• Like 1

I know that in the 2007 agreement it stated on the front page of the highlights that you had to be on active rolls.

Here’s what it stated:

UAW-represented Ford workers, including long-term temporary workers, who are on the active roll on the effective date of the agreement, will receive an up-front settlement bonus.

Hope this answers your questions

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

DTP Body & Stamping

• Like 1

I know that in the 2007 agreement it stated on the front page of the highlights that you had to be on active rolls.

Here’s what it stated:

UAW-represented Ford workers, including long-term temporary workers, who are on the active roll on the effective date of the agreement, will receive an up-front settlement bonus.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

DTP Body & Stamping

Thanks Jeff........

Keep up the fight Brother (you are doing a good job btw)

Brother Done,

JUST READ THE GM CONTRACT UNION BROTHERS AND SISTERS ON ILO WON'T GET THE SIGNING BONUS.

• Like 1

Here’s what it stated:

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

DTP Body & Stamping

Forgive my ignorance where, but when they do eventually pass a contract, do they backdate it for when the current contract expired? if so, if the effective date of the agreement is backdated to when our current contract expired, would that mean that anyone still employed on that date would be considered active?

JUST READ THE GM CONTRACT UNION BROTHERS AND SISTERS ON ILO WON'T GET THE SIGNING BONUS.

I believe the key word here is "Active Rolls". It doesn't matter if you were recently placed on ILO, what matters if if you are still on the "Active Rolls". How long one is on the "Active Rolls" depends on their years of service. Basically, if you are still drawing SUB pay, you are on the "Active Rolls". In essence, if one is on ILO and has run out of sub, they are no longer on the "Active Rolls". If one was recently placed on ILO and is still drawing SUB they are on the "Active Rolls"

Page four of the highlights specifically states that UAW represented workers on "Active Rolls" on the effective date of the agreement will recieve a lump-sum settlement bonus.

I believe the key word here is "Active Rolls". It doesn't matter if you were recently placed on ILO, what matters if if you are still on the "Active Rolls". How long one is on the "Active Rolls" depends on their years of service. Basically, if you are still drawing SUB pay, you are on the "Active Rolls". In essence, if one is on ILO and has run out of sub, they are no longer on the "Active Rolls". If one was recently placed on ILO and is still drawing SUB they are on the "Active Rolls"

Page four of the highlights specifically states that UAW represented workers on "Active Rolls" on the effective date of the agreement will recieve a lump-sum settlement bonus.

You drop off the active rolls list after 90 days

• Like 1