Payouts will be capped

1993Stang

According to Crain's, Gm Contract "Future profit sharing payouts will be determined by a simple chart that provides (RANGES) of profits and corresponding payments. " Payouts will ALSO BE CAPPED. " HMMMMM I wonder what this means??? The profit can only get so big??? Profit will be capped to the hourly only?? You tell me how this reads??

• Like 1

Consider profit sharing extra money,

So if you get $1,000 be happy cause it's not

Money you planned on getting.

I see profit sharing as no big deal.

It's always been considered a bonus to me if I

Get it good if not I did not lose nothing cause

It was not money I counted on!

Your making to big of a deal out of this.

Job security means more!

I agree. Job security is more important.

• Like 6

That is the reason we need a real raise not profit sharing.If a cap exists tell us the maximum dollar amount we can receive in the best of years.

Skeptic and 2seater both of u really get it. A raise is solid, no matter what whether it be just $1 or $2 or $3. It adds up even without OT General. Job security, hello earth to General, GM is hiring and even bringing back 750 people that they laid off. I know, I know they can manufacture in other countries, I get it but that is leveling off with the new wages they pay and the amount of full timers that will either take a buyout/retirement. So many full time wage earners have left previously.

I wonder if the maximum dollar amount will be in black and white?? Can't worry to death about job security with high seniority but if General has low, which maybe he does, I guess I would worry especially under two tier wages.

• Like 3

Consider profit sharing extra money,

So if you get $1,000 be happy cause it's not

Money you planned on getting.

I see profit sharing as no big deal.

It's always been considered a bonus to me if I

Get it good if not I did not lose nothing cause

It was not money I counted on!

Your making to big of a deal out of this.

Job security means more!

No what the hard working U.A.W workers really want back are those concessions, yes a profit is just gravy but many many years were spent with little profit but I understand that with low seniority job security might me everything to you. Is it a big deal?? yes, because many quotes have been made that wages will remain constant and instead a better profit sharing formula will be used instead, making the workers feel that this contract was a fight for the hourly and somehow this plan will be better. Again, a raise is constant with or without OT.

• Like 1

A raise adds to fixed cost , we will not

Get a raise only 2nd tier will.

Really it doesn't matter how much seniority a person

has job security should be a concern!

We need to keep the jobs here in the USA.

We make a good wage but to make that wage

We need to keep the job and not be laid off, without

Job security that raise your wanting is not worth

anything if your on ILO .

Job security is an empty promise from a union that cannot deliver real benefits like raises and contracts that actually run full term without concessions.Ford eliminated 45000 jobs since 2006 and you keep talking about keeping jobs.Yes we make a good wage but without a raise that wage shrinks due to inflation without COLA or raises the union has won for you not a stable wage but a constantly shrinking wage.Why do you think they want to raise the wages of second tier but not first tier because eventually at some point in the future all first tier in order to keep working will be forced to the lower tier wage when the company cries poverty again.Do you think you will go on ILO because you ask for a raise .You will go on ILO because of the demand for cars falls or we just can't work for Mexican wages and our jobs head south of the border.Thanks to the weak union now when you go on ILO no jobs bank and your supplemental is limited based on senoirity.General what army do you command sheep who are fleeced by the company and union.

Edited by skeptic
  • Like 4

Job security is an empty promise from a union that cannot deliver real benefits like raises and contracts that actually run full term without concessions.Ford eliminated 45000 jobs since 2006 and you keep talking about keeping jobs.Yes we make a good wage but without a raise that wage shrinks due to inflation without COLA or raises the union has won for you not a stable wage but a constantly shrinking wage.Why do you think they want to raise the wages of second tier but not first tier because eventually at some point in the future all first tier in order to keep working will be forced to the lower tier wage when the company cries poverty again.Do you think you will go on ILO because you ask for a raise .You will go on ILO because of the demand for cars falls or we just can't work for Mexican wages and our jobs head south of the border.Thanks to the weak union now when you go on ILO no jobs bank and your supplemental is limited based on senoirity.General what army do you command sheep who are fleeced by the company and union.

I keep seeing you post this in numerous threads. The UAW has nothing to do with job security? You are telling that to me and thousands of other members who have their jobs today because of the 2007 agreement. So, if the International negotiated to keep my job and thousands of others that is job security. I hope they continue to negotiate to keep work and bring work in because that is job security for our membership.

• Like 5

I bet the 10% unemployed can tell all of us about the empty promises of Job security.

• Like 2