Louisville Layoff

kcsuperduty

Can someone from Louisville tell me what type of layoff your plant is on (Temp, Perm, Involuntary ) and if you had to use your Sub-Pay credits?

The second shift was layed off over 2 years ago, they are on ILO and used up all sub pay, some if not all lost their health care. The remaining shift was laid off last December & is on TLO, you do not use up your credits while on TLO only on ILO.

TLO is temporary layoff

ILO is Indefinate lay off.

Hope this helps.

If your laid off period seek a lawyer and get your benefits.

Here is how the law works:

You file for unemployment, even tho the company says they will not give it to you, you file for it anyway.

2. The company will most likely provide a reason to the unemployment insurance agency as to why they won't approve your benefits.

3. You then get a letter in the mail as to why Ford is not providing you unemployment benefits.

4. You submit in writing that your appealing and provide paperwork as to why you think you should get them.

5. The company will then most likely not respond and then you'll be approved by the state to get them.

SIMPLE - JUST FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS

Doesn't matter what the contract (for your job title/stats) says, unemployment is everyone's right and a UAW contract has no jurisdiction over state unemployment laws. If you were laid off for any reason and used up all your weeks, you can file for what is called "EB" extended benefits and with the new Obama plan, if it passes and your currently getting unemployment benefits, you'll then be entitled for another 12 months of benefits.

Happy Fishing and Hunting my friends!

As far as I know everyone that was laid off got unemployment, I am still drawing myself. But hose that were on ILO eventually ran out of benefits, its been at least 2 years.

As far as I know everyone that was laid off got unemployment, I am still drawing myself. But those that were on ILO eventually ran out of benefits, its been at least 2 years. They got their sub with their unemployment as usual, the difference being those on TLO who get sub with their unemployment, the sub credits are not counted against them. The only time under the current contract that you can use up your sub is when on ILO.

Edited by 2 seater

The second shift was layed off over 2 years ago, they are on ILO and used up all sub pay, some if not all lost their health care. The remaining shift was laid off last December & is on TLO, you do not use up your credits while on TLO only on ILO.

TLO is temporary layoff

ILO is Indefinate lay off.

Hope this helps.

Edited by WalterWeeps

Would someone please explain to me how a 9 month TLO works? And where in the contract I can find this wonderful benefit? There are people in Indy both on TAP and completely out of benefits that would just LOVE to sign up for this program! You have to love some good ole disparity of treatment.

to the best of my knowledge it was a local agrement due to the tempory nature of the down weeks and rebuild.