UAW and Chrysler extend contract

wildosvt

Yeah the IUAW is realizing that they won't get a "YES" vote on these negotiations, they are pulling themselves off the table for 30 days to regroup so they can bring back to the table something worth while to the rank and file, something they will possibly agree with.

Maybe for 30 days Chrysler management can go smoke some dope and drink beers with some of the workers while they are waiting.

"After failing to reach an amiable agreement, the UAW and Chrysler have jointly agreed to extend their contract discussions through October 19th"

http://www.leftlanenews.com/uaw-chrysler-extend-contract-talks-through-october-19th.html

Sound like those early predictions of november for our UAW/Ford contract were pretty accurate....

It's SOP to extend contracts. Do you have some inside information on when Ford is going to settle?

• Like 2

It's SOP to extend contracts. Do you have some inside information on when Ford is going to settle?

I found the link and regaurding information in the lead post before I checked my email.

I have just concluded a meeting with President Bob King, and I am proud to announce that we have been chosen as the next department to begin the final stages of negotiations, and not Chrysler as previously speculated.

I can tell you that our negotiators have already been working hard in subcommittee meetings and they are anxious, as am I to begin intense discussions with the company and work towards a tentative agreement.

I want to really extend thanks to our entire membership for being supportive and encouraging and for being patient while we waited for our turn. Well, the time is here.

We will continue to keep you posted as negotiations progress and as promised, you will always be the first to know.

In solidarity,

Jimmy Settles

Vice President/Director

UAW National Ford Department

I found the link and regaurding information in the lead post before I checked my email.

I have just concluded a meeting with President Bob King, and I am proud to announce that we have been chosen as the next department to begin the final stages of negotiations, and not Chrysler as previously speculated.

I can tell you that our negotiators have already been working hard in subcommittee meetings and they are anxious, as am I to begin intense discussions with the company and work towards a tentative agreement.

I want to really extend thanks to our entire membership for being supportive and encouraging and for being patient while we waited for our turn. Well, the time is here.

We will continue to keep you posted as negotiations progress and as promised, you will always be the first to know.

In solidarity,

Jimmy Settles

Vice President/Director

UAW National Ford Department

Go getem Settles

Were up to bat

Remember Mr Settles

Jobs, Product, Investments first

Yeah the IUAW is realizing that they won't get a "YES" vote on these negotiations, they are pulling themselves off the table for 30 days to regroup so they can bring back to the table something worth while to the rank and file, something they will possibly agree with.

Maybe for 30 days Chrysler management can go smoke some dope and drink beers with some of the workers while they are waiting.

Obviously way off on your information.

• Like 1