You are so lucky

nonunion slug

I would guess that someone with the name of "The General" would be smart and have good information. Obviously, you do not. I don't know of any salaried who got your money. You may be thinking of all the big shots in management at WHQ rolling around in your money, but not me or my co-workers.

I hired in as a FCG (Ford College Graduate) in 2004. We were told by management that we would be in management within five years. It has been seven and I have only been promoted to a Salary Grade 6. I am three grades away from the lowest management position. I felt lucky and believed I was on of the "chosen ones" when the Company was firing all the higher seniority and more experienced salaried workers during the hard times starting in 2007. I actually believed that I was headed for the big time at Ford. You know what happened? I get to work 50-60 hours a week and I don't get paid overtime. Not only that, I don't get a pension or retiree health care from Ford. I even lost my fiancee when I HAD to go out on a launch at Chicago Assembly Plant. Yep, I had to stay at the plant working at least 80 hours a week until the vehicle launched. I was engaged for over a year and because of that assignment, she dumped me. Do you think that is the good life? Or even something to ridicule?

I would love to have a contract and guidelines that would make sense and not have to play the company game. I posted because I wanted help and this is the help I get? You guys really need to work on your PR because it sucks.

Dear nonunion slug,

Salaried employees do not belong to a union. That way, they can expect their promotions through hard work, real accomplishments and displaying promotability without being "held back" by under-performers. I know a GSR who was hired 5 years ago. He started at GSR grade 6 and continually got HIMSELF promoted because he is very good at what he does. He is now an LL6 and probably very close to going up the ladder even farther because of his leadership skills and the ability to make things happen.

It all depends on the salaried person HIM or HERSELF to get promoted, if that's what he / she wants in life. Performance Reviews are just that, a review of YOUR performance. You already signed on as a self-admitted "slug." Maybe you should find a job which has a union so they can protect you, like they do for the "union slugs" who all make the same money (per classification) as the good workers (the majority, by the way). It is obvious you are not cut out for Ford management. You probably should seek employment elsewhere before they hand you a cardboard box and take you to the curb.

Edited by TractorBoy

Dear nonunion slug,

Salaried employees do not belong to a union. That way, they can expect their promotions through hard work, real accomplishments and displaying promotability without being "held back" by under-performers. I know a GSR who was hired 5 years ago. He started at GSR grade 6 and continually got HIMSELF promoted because he is very good at what he does. He is now an LL6 and probably very close to going up the ladder even farther because of his leadership skills and the ability to make things happen.

It all depends on the salaried person HIM or HERSELF to get promoted, if that's what he / she wants in life. Performance Reviews are just that, a review of YOUR performance. You already signed on as a self-admitted "slug." Maybe you should find a job which has a union so they can protect you, like they do for the "union slugs" who all make the same money (per classification) as the good workers (the majority, by the way). It is obvious you are not cut out for Ford management. You probably should seek employment elsewhere before they hand you a cardboard box and take you to the curb.

May be he would like the protection on not outsourcing his job, overtime, benefits and have a voice in his pay.....

Clip from Forbes.com below

"Ford's white-collar workers say the union complaints about pay are unfounded. Ford compensation records obtained by The Associated Press shows that UAW-represented hourly workers have seen larger increases in pay and benefits over the last decade than many white-collar workers.

And there are Ford factory workers that are happy with the company because they are getting overtime pay and making good money again.

The UAW, according to the records, has protected longtime factory workers from changes to health care, overtime and other benefit cuts that salaried workers were forced to take. Salaried workers pay 30 percent of their health care costs, for example, while hourly workers pay just 6 percent.

The average hourly worker at Ford made $109,020 in 2010, including wages, benefits and overtime, up 17 percent from 1999. But the average salaried factory supervisor made $99,760 in wages and benefits, up just 2 percent in the same period, the records show.

The UAW turned its attention to Ford last week after talks with Chrysler fell apart. Chrysler talks now are back on.

On Wednesday, workers at GM voted overwhelmingly to approve their contract."

• Like 2

Look, about your girlfriend leaving you because of your commitment to your job....YOU don't need her. Your partner in life is supposed to stand by you through thick and thin. In good times and bad times. What are you thinking? Look at the women who are married to soldiers, they are gone for who knows how long, and dont know if they are even going to make it back. But the good ones are waiting. Its about building a life together and taking the good with the bad. Someone else will come along for you. God Bless.

• Like 2

Look, about your girlfriend leaving you because of your commitment to your job....YOU don't need her. Your partner in life is supposed to stand by you through thick and thin. In good times and bad times. What are you thinking? Look at the women who are married to soldiers, they are gone for who knows how long, and dont know if they are even going to make it back. But the good ones are waiting. Its about building a life together and taking the good with the bad. Someone else will come along for you. God Bless.

Well put onmyway.........Amen!