New Products/Jobs

luck42

Would love to see a show of hands of people that truly belive the union can negotiate with Ford about spending several billions of dollars in the US and create or bring 10k into the country in a few weeks span when product development and man power studies take 1-3 years. For instance the highlights mention the uaw won a new product and a 3rd shift at LAP. This was talked about over a year and half ago here in Louisville yet the union is taking credit for it.

The fact they are paying an advance of profit sharing should be a big RED FLAG on this contract.

Voting for or against this contract is not gonna sway ford with their product plans.

If you vote yes everything we have given up becomes permanent. We will also be selling out the new hires, they have removed the part where they can reach equal pay as they replace the veterans. Read the white pages and skip the highlights.

The fact they are paying an advance of profit sharing should be a big RED FLAG on this contract.

Why is that a red flag? The way it was explained to me, profit sharing could be affected by losses or write-offs in the next 2 quarters, so we get this money guaranteed, which seems like a good thing. Can you explain to me why this is a red flag?

According to the proposed contract write offs will not effect proifit sharing. We are close to end of 3rd quarter and sales are still up so no chance of losing money. This is just a way of throwing cash at the membership to vote for this. Robbing peter to pay paul so to speak.

Check the white pages for changes in RTBU and protected status employees, all plants must adopt MOA (team concept=loss of most bid jobs and benefit of senority) and forgo traditional operating aggrements. Even the letter of understanding detailing the Equity of Sacrifice cause is lined thru. This letter is the basis of our greviance.

Why is that a red flag? The way it was explained to me, profit sharing could be affected by losses or write-offs in the next 2 quarters, so we get this money guaranteed, which seems like a good thing. Can you explain to me why this is a red flag?

I am none of the above. Just a hard working , former UAW plant rep that has seen enough in over 20 years to put two and two together and make four. I didn't run for a second term after all the crap I saw in four short years. The only fact that I posted was the amount of your bonus the IUAW will get, and the fact that if it is settled as a grievance, they do not get that money. Take it for what its worth.

I get damned tired of US taking cuts and the IUAW giving themselves raises, of US being the scapegoats for everything form profits being down, to costs being up. Of IUAW appointees being some of the worst reps in the plants, and the membership of those plants having no say in the process. It’s easy to not do your job on the plant floor, while kissing ass at the IUAW to get a nice cushy appointment.

Of IUAW trying to push concessions down our throats while we all knew Ford was making a profit (which was confirmed just a few short days later) IUAW knew it too...and still they tried to screw the membership. I am sorry that I don't feel as you do, I simply have seen enough to know better than to put any faith in these so called leaders. And now that the IUAW is a part owner...I fear them even more.

You can have, and are fully entitled to your own opinion. I just don't have to follow along like a sheep and agree with it. UAW needs to get back to the basics from which it was founded, or they are going to cease to exist at some point in the not so distant future. Already here in Michigan, the Republican legislators are planning to introduce a right to work bill for the entire state. How do you think that will affect us?

So I post some accurate Information, and a little speculation…so what, I know the facts are there, you can read them. Take it anyway you want, I really don’t give a damn. But I WILL continue to post what I feel is relevant to ALL ford UAW members.

And just for the record, I have NEVER been in trouble at Ford. The UAW has never had to bail me out of anything, and never will. I show up on time each and every day, and do my job to the best of my ability, I don't kiss ass, and don't ask for anything other than my local contract be followed. If you have a problem with someone doing that, theyn maybe YOU are the one that has the real problem.

• Like 1

According to the proposed contract write offs will not effect proifit sharing. We are close to end of 3rd quarter and sales are still up so no chance of losing money. This is just a way of throwing cash at the membership to vote for this. Robbing peter to pay paul so to speak.

Check the white pages for changes in RTBU and protected status employees, all plants must adopt MOA (team concept=loss of most bid jobs and benefit of senority) and forgo traditional operating aggrements. Even the letter of understanding detailing the Equity of Sacrifice cause is lined thru. This letter is the basis of our greviance.

Actually that is not the letter our grievance is based on. It is in Volume IV page 438 Equality of Sacrifice