Tentative Agreement Clarifications

Spring

We will be having our ratification meeting on October 16th for OHAP. I'm preparing a list of questions that people are looking for answers to. I will be putting them together in a leaflet that will be available for email prior to the meeting or will be available at the meeting. This way we can all get the same answers to the same questions at the same time. If you have questions or would like clarification on any part of the tentative agreement, please email, text or pm me with those questions.

Spring

• Like 1

My first question is:

With overtime after 8 hours back, how will this affect a plant such as OHAP which is on a 4 10 schedule. The highlights and what is written in the white pages are in conflict on this matter.

Will OHAP be staying on a 4 10 hour schedule or be going back to 5 8s?

• Like 1

We will be having our ratification meeting on October 16th for OHAP. I'm preparing a list of questions that people are looking for answers to. I will be putting them together in a leaflet that will be available for email prior to the meeting or will be available at the meeting. This way we can all get the same answers to the same questions at the same time. If you have questions or would like clarification on any part of the tentative agreement, please email, text or pm me with those questions.

Spring

GREAT IDEA!! THANKS!

• Like 1

My first question is:

With overtime after 8 hours back, how will this affect a plant such as OHAP which is on a 4 10 schedule. The highlights and what is written in the white pages are in conflict on this matter.

IT won't effect anything as OT after 8 IS NOT back. All that is back is what they call "Backup Time" In other words...Once you work your shift, and head home...if they call you back within 23 hours of your start time, you will get OT even if you don't work 40 that week. Basiclly something that only a few in maintence will ever see.

• Like 1

My first question is:

There is no overtime after eight hours as people would think . It is the same as it is now If you are scheduled more than your normal 40 hours per week you revert back to a 5- 8 hour a day schedule The only difference is you can get double time on sundays or your third RDO ( after 40 or your work week ) If you are on a 4-10 hour a day schedule you will not get any overtime pay untill after you work 40 hours ( article 2 page 177A of the white pages) Edited by lepskilledtrades
  • Like 1

You might want to ask what effect the Mechanical Teams are going to have. The way I see it, this is going to cost jobs for both Skilled and Production. When the company tried to implement the "umbrella concept" I saw first hand how management cut heads in the skilled trades while saying they don't need as many now. With the mechanical teams, if you don't think they will slash heads in Skilled trades, your dreaming. Mechanical teams will consist of one of each mechanical trade and they will go out as a "team" for repair tickets. If one trade needs help, they are supposed to get help from someone in the team-- not another person in their classification.

I see two downfalls to this:

1) the company will cut the number of trades they have in each classification. In turn these tardesmen will go back to production and may cost a low seniority production person their job.

2) your gonna end up with "jack of all trades" and "masters of none" which is going to get someone hurt. You know damn well someone is going to try to play the "hero" and do something he isn't trained properly for and end up hurting himself if not whoever is with him.

Also, I would love to hear why Alan Mullaly thinks its fair for his wages and stock options to be based off company performance but our profit sharing is going to be capped regardless of how well the company does. If we are in fact One Team and One Ford, Why is our profit sharing capped and his compensation isn't????? Sounds like someone is talking out both sides of his mouth to me!!!

You might want to ask what effect the Mechanical Teams are going to have. The way I see it, this is going to cost jobs for both Skilled and Production. When the company tried to implement the "umbrella concept" I saw first hand how management cut heads in the skilled trades while saying they don't need as many now. With the mechanical teams, if you don't think they will slash heads in Skilled trades, your dreaming. Mechanical teams will consist of one of each mechanical trade and they will go out as a "team" for repair tickets. If one trade needs help, they are supposed to get help from someone in the team-- not another person in their classification.

I see two downfalls to this:

1) the company will cut the number of trades they have in each classification. In turn these tardesmen will go back to production and may cost a low seniority production person their job.

2) your gonna end up with "jack of all trades" and "masters of none" which is going to get someone hurt. You know damn well someone is going to try to play the "hero" and do something he isn't trained properly for and end up hurting himself if not whoever is with him.

Also, I would love to hear why Alan Mullaly thinks its fair for his wages and stock options to be based off company performance but our profit sharing is going to be capped regardless of how well the company does. If we are in fact One Team and One Ford, Why is our profit sharing capped and his compensation isn't????? Sounds like someone is talking out both sides of his mouth to me!!!

Steve, I'm taking the questions from here, Facebook and anywhere else I find them and am putting them together.