If this contract passes!

Nana

Hourly Labor Cost

This includes: (1) all the dollars paid to employees, (2) the cost of contractual benefits for employees, and (3) the cost of statutory payments, such as Social Security and Workers'

Compensation – all calculated on the basis of hours worked by employees.

1st element: Total average hourly cost is the gross average hourly earnings (GAHE). This is essentially what shows up in the paycheck. It includes base wages, cost-of-living allowance and premium payments.

2nd element: The benefits and fringe cost, includes the cost of all insurance benefit coverage, supplemental unemployment plan costs, paid time off, statutory payments, profit sharing, and all other miscellaneous payments and costs.

3rd element: Retiree Pensions plan costs and all other miscellaneous payments and costs associated.

Hope this helps

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

Dearborn Stamping & DTP Body

Vice President & Bargaining Representative

Understand that coming on to this sit and personally bashing each other is not helping our cause. People have the right to their opinions. Hopefully they will start to think about the time in which we currently live. The most our IUAW could possibly extract from the company for penance of our sacrificed concessions would be JOBS. Nothing outweighs this fact.

In 2003 we had 101k UAW Ford Workers and we now have 41k. That’s the derivative of the old formula. In 2009 we accepted concessions to do what? Save the company we work for and to save our Union jobs. We have done just that, we have also turned the tide of losing our jobs. We have the opportunity to add jobs and to bring back product back from offshore.

So, what’s the real bottom line? I have to ask because I have spoken to folks that are upset that the 2nd tier worker would receive a pay increase and not the 1st tier, yet the very same person was upset that the 2nd tier wasn’t at parity. I have talked to folks that are upset at the VEBA getting 10% (off the top) from our profit sharing, and yet two minutes later complain that they are scared that the VEBA won’t last. I know what you’re thinking, and trust me I was at the same quandary in making sense of them statements. People are upset just because they have a right to be upset. They have lost faith and they have little to no trust left. By adding jobs for our brothers and sisters, by returning product from offshore, the IUAW has restored my faith in the true meaning of Union.

We look good in the public’s eye, we are gaining market share and we are about to start putting on jobs for people that are in much need of work. We need numbers, numbers cost the most, and we need to keep on target with public view and market share. For the first time since 1980 our hour glass of losing UAW Auto worker jobs has been flipped from nearing empty. It’s up to us to look at this contract for what it really is and for its real worth to us as a whole.

Many plants gained product because we as a Union and as a whole accepted the 2007 agreement along the mods. Here’s just a few of them that reaped the benefits of our sacrifices and received product commitments. I’m not complaining, its awesome that we did what we needed to, I’m just saying.

– Chicago Assembly Plant

– Kansas City Assembly Plant

– Louisville Assembly Plant

– Michigan Assembly Plant

– Ohio Assembly Plant

It’s going to be very interesting to see if they vote to save other Union brothers and sisters jobs at other plants as was done for them.

Be Good

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

Dearborn Stamping & DTP Body

Vice President & Bargaining Representative

Jeff, I have read a number of your posts and I just wanted to say that I respect the fact that you have the balls to speak your mind while using your real name. Also, for the most part, I agree with a lot of what you say but when it comes to this contract I have no choice but to vote it down. I'm not one of those people that expect everything we gave up to be given back right now although I do think the company should have offered a little more considering they had no problems giving back to management. I'm voting this contract down for the simple reason that we are going to lose Skilled Trades jobs and it creates a dangerous work environment.

I was in office as a Skilled Trades Committeeman when they pushed the "umbrella concept" and I witnessed first hand how management tried to use that to cut heads. I also seen firsthand how management abused the language in order to try and force Skilled Trades to do work they were unfamiliar with and have seen people get hurt as a result of this. This "mechanical Team" concept will have the same results.

Lets first look at job security: If I (the company) can make teams consisting of mechanical trades that is forced to rely on each other for assistance without lines of demarcation, think of the number of people I can reduce. This not only effects Skilled Trades. If Skilled trades are laid off from their trade they have the right to go back to production. Where do the low seniority production workers go when this happens?

Let"s look at safety: Now I know international will tell you that if you need help from someone with your trade experience, you can request it, but in the REAL world out on that floor, I have seen the pressure that management puts on Skilled Trades in order to get the job done. DO NOT THINK FOR ONE MINUTE that they won't try and force someone to do something they are not comfortable with in order to get the line running again. If you do, you're fooling yourself ! Also, let's not forget the fact that we have Tradesmen out there that A) love to act like a super hero to management and will do anyone's job for that pat on the back B) Tradesmen that THINK they can do anyone's job and C) Tradesmen that are too scared or timid to tell their boss no when it comes to lines of demarcation and safety. Take anyone of these tradesmen and work with them under this "mechanical team" concept and you have a recipe for disaster. The last thing I want to see is me or someone I know killed or seriously injured because of something someone else does out of fear of losing his job or out of ignorance of thinking he knows it all. And with this "mechanical Team" concept, it opens the door for just that!!!! There is nothing you, I, the company, or health and safety can do to prevent it!

It pisses me off that the company and International preach safety (which I'm all in favor for) with one breath but have agreed to put me and other skilled Tradesmen in harms way in the next by agreeing to this bullshit. And for those of you that think the company is going to properly train people....again, don't fool yourself. I seen the so called training when PF's and Hyd's were combined. The company is going to do as little as possible when it comes to training because training costs time and money.

I can't be "my brothers keeper" and Health and Safety can't prevent the potential danger if the Tradesman doesn't tell anyone what he's about to do out of fear that his job is on the line or out of ignorance. For this reason I am voting No. If one of my friends or co-workers get killed, it won't be because I was to scared to fight for whats right!

Jeff, I have read a number of your posts and I just wanted to say that I respect the fact that you have the balls to speak your mind while using your real name. Also, for the most part, I agree with a lot of what you say but when it comes to this contract I have no choice but to vote it down. I'm not one of those people that expect everything we gave up to be given back right now although I do think the company should have offered a little more considering they had no problems giving back to management. I'm voting this contract down for the simple reason that we are going to lose Skilled Trades jobs and it creates a dangerous work environment.

I was in office as a Skilled Trades Committeeman when they pushed the "umbrella concept" and I witnessed first hand how management tried to use that to cut heads. I also seen firsthand how management abused the language in order to try and force Skilled Trades to do work they were unfamiliar with and have seen people get hurt as a result of this. This "mechanical Team" concept will have the same results.

Lets first look at job security: If I (the company) can make teams consisting of mechanical trades that is forced to rely on each other for assistance without lines of demarcation, think of the number of people I can reduce. This not only effects Skilled Trades. If Skilled trades are laid off from their trade they have the right to go back to production. Where do the low seniority production workers go when this happens?

Let"s look at safety: Now I know international will tell you that if you need help from someone with your trade experience, you can request it, but in the REAL world out on that floor, I have seen the pressure that management puts on Skilled Trades in order to get the job done. DO NOT THINK FOR ONE MINUTE that they won't try and force someone to do something they are not comfortable with in order to get the line running again. If you do, you're fooling yourself ! Also, let's not forget the fact that we have Tradesmen out there that A) love to act like a super hero to management and will do anyone's job for that pat on the back B) Tradesmen that THINK they can do anyone's job and C) Tradesmen that are too scared or timid to tell their boss no when it comes to lines of demarcation and safety. Take anyone of these tradesmen and work with them under this "mechanical team" concept and you have a recipe for disaster. The last thing I want to see is me or someone I know killed or seriously injured because of something someone else does out of fear of losing his job or out of ignorance of thinking he knows it all. And with this "mechanical Team" concept, it opens the door for just that!!!! There is nothing you, I, the company, or health and safety can do to prevent it!

It pisses me off that the company and International preach safety (which I'm all in favor for) with one breath but have agreed to put me and other skilled Tradesmen in harms way in the next by agreeing to this bullshit. And for those of you that think the company is going to properly train people....again, don't fool yourself. I seen the so called training when PF's and Hyd's were combined. The company is going to do as little as possible when it comes to training because training costs time and money.

I can't be "my brothers keeper" and Health and Safety can't prevent the potential danger if the Tradesman doesn't tell anyone what he's about to do out of fear that his job is on the line or out of ignorance. For this reason I am voting No. If one of my friends or co-workers get killed, it won't be because I was to scared to fight for whats right!

Not sure where that smiley face came from but that's supposed to be : B)