RESPECT

ohiouawguy

I HAVE TO HONESTLY SAY THAT THE NATIONAL FORD DEPARTMENT HAS LOST ME FOR THE FIRST TIME. THERE ARE MANY ISSUES AND QUESTIONS THAT MANY MEMBERS HAVE ABOUT THIS AGREEMENT, AND ALL ARE LEGIT. THE ONE THING THAT I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND IS HOW DOES THE UAW GO IN THERE AND NEGOTIATE THE CLOSING OF PLANTS? I KNOW COLA, TWO-TIER WAGES, BREAK TIMES ETC. ARE ALL ISSUES AND CONCERNS, BUT PLANT CLOSINGS ARE HOME WRECKERS. I KNOW THE NFD WILL SAY THAT THEY DIDN'T NEGOTIATE THE PLANT CLOSINGS BUT THEY CAN'T SELL ME ALL OF THE GOOD STUFF, AND THEN SAY THEY DIDN'T NEGOTIATE THE BAD STUFF. IT JUST DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. WITH ALL OF THE CONCESSIONS WE HAVE MADE, ONLY TO WATCH THE SALARY RECEIVE MANY OF THEIR PERKS BACK ALONG WITH BIG BONUSES, HOW DO WE CLOSE PLANTS WITH OVER 700,000,000 IN THE STRIKE FUND. WHAT GOOD IS A BULLET IN THE CHAMBER IF WE DON'T USE IT? NOBODY WANTS TO GO ON STRIKE, I KNOW THAT, BUT PLANT CLOSINGS SHOULD'VE NEVER BEEN ON THE TABLE. MY PLANT ISN'T CLOSING BUT I KNOW MANY PEOPLE AT WALTON HILLS STAMPING PLANT AND IT IS A HORRIFIC TIME FOR ALL OF THEM. MY REPS TOLD ME THAT THE CHAIRMAN FOUND OUT BY READING THE HIGHLIGHT AT THE ROLL OUT MEETING. THAT NOBODY INCLUDING, SETTLES AND KING, SAID A WORD TO ANY OF THEIR DELGATES PRIOR TO THE MEETING. THAT NONE OF THEIR SERVICING REPS SAID A WORD TO THEM EITHER. WHAT KIND OF RESPECT IS THAT? TO A CHAIRMAN? TO A WHOLE MEMBERSHIP? MY REPS TOLD ME HE GOT UP AND ASK A COUPLE OF SIMPLE QUESTIONS (TIMING OF CLOSING, WHERE ARE THE PEOPLE GONNA BE ABLE TO GO) AND THEY TOTALLY BLEW HIM OFF WITH NO ANSWERS. HOW DO LEADERS DO THAT? HOW DOES THAT EVEN HAPPEN? THE PEOPLE I KNOW OVER THERE SAY THAT THEIR STRUCTURE IS AWESOME AND IT IS A SHAME HOW THINGS WENT DOWN. I AM VOTING NO TOMORROW JUST BASED ON THE LACK OF RESPECT THEY GIVE US. OUR REPS PUT OUT A LETTER SUPPORTING THE DEAL. HOW? PUT YOURSELF IN THEIR SHOES. GEEEZ, WE'RE LOSING AT LEAST HALF OUR WORK IN 2-3 YEARS AND WE'LL BE NEXT. LETS SEE HOW THEY ALL VOTE NEXT TIME WHEN WE'RE ON THE LIST. I JUST HOPE NFD TELLS MY GUYS BEFORE THEY READ IT IN THE 2015 HIGHLIGHTS. MAYBE ILL ASK THAT AT OUR MEETING TOMORROW. WHAT A SHAME FOR ALL OF US, ESPECIALLY NORTHEAST OHIO. MIKE GAMMELLA IS TRYING TO HOODWINK EVERYONE INTO BELIEVING THEIR ARE 600 NEW JOBS AT BROOKPARK. IT IS LESS THAN 150 FROM NOW UNTIL 2014. IT'S JUST A SHAME THAT PEOPLE LOOK AT BETTERING THEIR POLITCAL STATUS, OUTSIDE THE PLANT, AT THE SAKE OF THOUSANDS OF WORKERS. BUT HE GOT HIS 57% VOTE, THATS ALL THAT MATTERS. LETS SEE IN 4-5 YEARS IF THEY HAVE 600 MORE THAN THEY HAVE NOW. WHAT A FARSE! I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO DISAPPOINTED IN THIS UNION. THEY JUST DON'T RESPECT THE MEMBERS ANYMORE. IF THEY CAN'T EVEN TELL A CHAIRMAN THAT HIS PLANT IS CLOSING AND TREAT HIM LIKE HE HAS THE BLACK PLAGUE, HOW DO YOU THINK THEY TREAT THE MEMBERS ON THE FLOOR. SAD SAD SAD.

• Like 3

I HAVE TO HONESTLY SAY THAT THE NATIONAL FORD DEPARTMENT HAS LOST ME FOR THE FIRST TIME. THERE ARE MANY ISSUES AND QUESTIONS THAT MANY MEMBERS HAVE ABOUT THIS AGREEMENT, AND ALL ARE LEGIT. THE ONE THING THAT I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND IS HOW DOES THE UAW GO IN THERE AND NEGOTIATE THE CLOSING OF PLANTS? I KNOW COLA, TWO-TIER WAGES, BREAK TIMES ETC. ARE ALL ISSUES AND CONCERNS, BUT PLANT CLOSINGS ARE HOME WRECKERS. I KNOW THE NFD WILL SAY THAT THEY DIDN'T NEGOTIATE THE PLANT CLOSINGS BUT THEY CAN'T SELL ME ALL OF THE GOOD STUFF, AND THEN SAY THEY DIDN'T NEGOTIATE THE BAD STUFF. IT JUST DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. WITH ALL OF THE CONCESSIONS WE HAVE MADE, ONLY TO WATCH THE SALARY RECEIVE MANY OF THEIR PERKS BACK ALONG WITH BIG BONUSES, HOW DO WE CLOSE PLANTS WITH OVER 700,000,000 IN THE STRIKE FUND. WHAT GOOD IS A BULLET IN THE CHAMBER IF WE DON'T USE IT? NOBODY WANTS TO GO ON STRIKE, I KNOW THAT, BUT PLANT CLOSINGS SHOULD'VE NEVER BEEN ON THE TABLE. MY PLANT ISN'T CLOSING BUT I KNOW MANY PEOPLE AT WALTON HILLS STAMPING PLANT AND IT IS A HORRIFIC TIME FOR ALL OF THEM. MY REPS TOLD ME THAT THE CHAIRMAN FOUND OUT BY READING THE HIGHLIGHT AT THE ROLL OUT MEETING. THAT NOBODY INCLUDING, SETTLES AND KING, SAID A WORD TO ANY OF THEIR DELGATES PRIOR TO THE MEETING. THAT NONE OF THEIR SERVICING REPS SAID A WORD TO THEM EITHER. WHAT KIND OF RESPECT IS THAT? TO A CHAIRMAN? TO A WHOLE MEMBERSHIP? MY REPS TOLD ME HE GOT UP AND ASK A COUPLE OF SIMPLE QUESTIONS (TIMING OF CLOSING, WHERE ARE THE PEOPLE GONNA BE ABLE TO GO) AND THEY TOTALLY BLEW HIM OFF WITH NO ANSWERS. HOW DO LEADERS DO THAT? HOW DOES THAT EVEN HAPPEN? THE PEOPLE I KNOW OVER THERE SAY THAT THEIR STRUCTURE IS AWESOME AND IT IS A SHAME HOW THINGS WENT DOWN. I AM VOTING NO TOMORROW JUST BASED ON THE LACK OF RESPECT THEY GIVE US. OUR REPS PUT OUT A LETTER SUPPORTING THE DEAL. HOW? PUT YOURSELF IN THEIR SHOES. GEEEZ, WE'RE LOSING AT LEAST HALF OUR WORK IN 2-3 YEARS AND WE'LL BE NEXT. LETS SEE HOW THEY ALL VOTE NEXT TIME WHEN WE'RE ON THE LIST. I JUST HOPE NFD TELLS MY GUYS BEFORE THEY READ IT IN THE 2015 HIGHLIGHTS. MAYBE ILL ASK THAT AT OUR MEETING TOMORROW. WHAT A SHAME FOR ALL OF US, ESPECIALLY NORTHEAST OHIO. MIKE GAMMELLA IS TRYING TO HOODWINK EVERYONE INTO BELIEVING THEIR ARE 600 NEW JOBS AT BROOKPARK. IT IS LESS THAN 150 FROM NOW UNTIL 2014. IT'S JUST A SHAME THAT PEOPLE LOOK AT BETTERING THEIR POLITCAL STATUS, OUTSIDE THE PLANT, AT THE SAKE OF THOUSANDS OF WORKERS. BUT HE GOT HIS 57% VOTE, THATS ALL THAT MATTERS. LETS SEE IN 4-5 YEARS IF THEY HAVE 600 MORE THAN THEY HAVE NOW. WHAT A FARSE! I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO DISAPPOINTED IN THIS UNION. THEY JUST DON'T RESPECT THE MEMBERS ANYMORE. IF THEY CAN'T EVEN TELL A CHAIRMAN THAT HIS PLANT IS CLOSING AND TREAT HIM LIKE HE HAS THE BLACK PLAGUE, HOW DO YOU THINK THEY TREAT THE MEMBERS ON THE FLOOR. SAD SAD SAD.

And you are speaking the truth....they treated them like SHIT!!!.......Last contract they said Avon to get a product, and we at Walton hills would get the stamping...well at least Ford had part of that right. We vote Tuesday.....Can't wait... it won't be just a no..it'll be a HELL NO!!!!

• Like 2

HANGINONWHSP HANG IN THERE HOPEFULLY YOU GUYS CAN END UP OVER HERE OR IN BP. I HAVE HEARD THAT BP WILL BE HARD AND THEY ARE OVER INFLATING THE NUMBER OF JOBS THAT WILL BE THERE IN THE FUTURE. THEY ARE UNDERESTIMATING THE JOB LOSS HERE AT OHAP WHEN THE ECONOLINE GOES AWAY. WE PRESENTLY DO AROUND 140,000 UNITS A YEAR WITH 2 SHIFTS AND DOWN WEEKS WITH 1800-1900 PEOPLE. THEY ARE SAYING WHEN THE VAN GOES AWAY WE WILL BE DOING LESS THAN 50,000-60,000 UNITS A YEAR WITH WHATS LEFT AND WE ARE ONLY LOSING 100 PEOPLE. THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE. I HATE THAT THEY DON'T TELL THE TRUTH DURING CONTRACT TIME. THE BAD THING IS THE TIMING OF EVERYTHING. IF WE WIND UP LOSING HALF OUR PEOPLE, WHICH I THINK WILL HAPPEN, ALL OF THE SPOTS WILL ALREADY BE FILLED BY YOU GUYS AND SANDUSKY AND WE WILL HAVE NOWHERE TO GO. THATS WHY I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT OUR WHOLE STRUCTURE IS SUPPORTING THIS DEAL. WE WERE PROMISED NEW WORK IN THE PAST 4 YEARS AND NEVER GOT IT, ALONG WITH WHSP, AND THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE AT LEAST HALF OUR VOLUME FROM US AND THE STRUCTURE IS SUPPORTING IT. I DON'T GET IT. I THINK WE WILL BE IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU GUYS COME NEXT AGREEMENT. I BELIEVE THEY DIDN'T WANT TO CLOSE 2 PLANTS IN N.E. OHIO AT THE SAME TIME, BUT COME 2015 WE WILL BE ANNOUNCED TOO, BUT WITH NOWHERE TO GO BUT OUT OF STATE. I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THAT NONE OF THE MEMBERS ARE REALLY RAISING HELL ABOUT YOUR PLANT CLOSING. LIKE I SAID COLA, BREAKS, MECH WORK TEAMS, ETC. ARE ALL LEGIT ISSUES BUT TO CLOSE A PLANT WHEN WE GAVE GAVE GAVE BACK TO ONLY LINE THE POCKETS OF MULLALY, FORD, AND FIELDS TO TURN AROUND AND CLOSE A PLANT IS DEVASTATING TO 400 PEOPLE. THERE USED TO BE A TIME WHEN THE MASSES STOOD UP FOR THE MINORITY BUT NOT TODAY. IVE BEEN TELLING EVERYONE OVER HERE TO VOTE NO BASED ON YOUR PLANT CLOSING. HELL WE'LL NEVER GET A PRODUCT WITH ANY VOLUME NOW WITHOUT A STAMPING PLANT CLOSE-BY. THEY SHOULD NOT BE CLOSING ANY PLANTS WHILE FORD DOES WELL AND IS HANDING OUT MONEY TO THEIR EXECS LIKE IT IS NOTHING. FEEL FOR YOU GUYS.

Going on strike will not keep your plant open,it will only add to your stress level. I went through a plant closing myself.Back in 2004/5 when Ford was whipsawing locals against each other my home plant,Wixom was a loser.But know what?Thanks to the UAW I got a job at another Ford plant and my paychecks kept rolling in.I will always miss the Wixom Plant but I found a new home.Ford made a ton of money from Lincoln back in the day.Things change,business decisions must be made in order for Ford to be competitive.My guess is that if or when your plant closes that the UAW will find you guys another job with Ford.I know how stressfull a plant closing can be and I wish you the best.

• Like 2

GLAD TO SEE WHSP VOTE IT DOWN BY THE 86%. I FEEL FOR ALL OF MY FRIENDS OVER THERE AND HOPE THAT EVERYONE CAN GET WHERE THEY WANT TO GO. IT IS A SHAME THAT THEY ARE CLOSING A PLANT AND FORD IS DOING SO WELL. HOPEFULLY SEE SOME OF MY PEEPS FROM WHSP END UP OVER HERE AT OHAP.

GLAD TO SEE WHSP VOTE IT DOWN BY THE 86%. I FEEL FOR ALL OF MY FRIENDS OVER THERE AND HOPE THAT EVERYONE CAN GET WHERE THEY WANT TO GO. IT IS A SHAME THAT THEY ARE CLOSING A PLANT AND FORD IS DOING SO WELL. HOPEFULLY SEE SOME OF MY PEEPS FROM WHSP END UP OVER HERE AT OHAP.

Thanks so much for standing behind us. You said the same thing we have been saying that they didnt want to close two plants at the same time in Ohio. And if one goes the other goes. I know i couldnt walk in that union hall and vote YES. When we came back Monday, after the two down weeks on the assembly side, all everyone has been asking each other is where you going??Some have already sighned up to go to Kentucky. I know if i do end up at Avon i may see some familiar faces from Lorain. I hope all the plants Ford promised work to actually see it, God knows they've made plenty of empty promises to us in the past. Me i'm gonna let this settle in my brain, and see where to go from here.I wish all my brothers and sisters the very best, and hope we all make the decisions that are best for us.I know the last day at Lorain was a sad thing, but i got back to my home plant, and walked outta there having alot of memories, meeting a ton of great people...Good luck to us all!!!

• Like 3

Thanks so much for standing behind us. You said the same thing we have been saying that they didnt want to close two plants at the same time in Ohio. And if one goes the other goes. I know i couldnt walk in that union hall and vote YES. When we came back Monday, after the two down weeks on the assembly side, all everyone has been asking each other is where you going??Some have already sighned up to go to Kentucky. I know if i do end up at Avon i may see some familiar faces from Lorain. I hope all the plants Ford promised work to actually see it, God knows they've made plenty of empty promises to us in the past. Me i'm gonna let this settle in my brain, and see where to go from here.I wish all my brothers and sisters the very best, and hope we all make the decisions that are best for us.I know the last day at Lorain was a sad thing, but i got back to my home plant, and walked outta there having alot of memories, meeting a ton of great people...Good luck to us all!!!

You Know, I hope everyone on this board reads THIS post. If I were in your position, my vote would have been no also. I can't in good faith say otherwise. But the beauty of your comment, lies in the amazing positivity. The company should seek you out, and place you in ANY plant of your choice, and all the union members should agree to it.

It's not easy being an autoworker, especially when the media will show how much "big" money we ask for or are currently making...all to a backdrop video, of an autoworker in clean clothes, sticking the jacking instructions on the trunk! Ford plant work, is at least 40,999 times harder than that. Throw in job uncertainty, and things can't get much harder.

The problem I have with some of the other no votes, is they really did not have any good reason to vote no...you both absolutely do.

In the spirit of this topic, "me lady", I absolutely admire your strength, courage, and mostly your positive outlook. You have this autoworker's utmost respect....

OIM

You Know, I hope everyone on this board reads THIS post. If I were in your position, my vote would have been no also. I can't in good faith say otherwise. But the beauty of your comment, lies in the amazing positivity. The company should seek you out, and place you in ANY plant of your choice, and all the union members should agree to it.

It's not easy being an autoworker, especially when the media will show how much "big" money we ask for or are currently making...all to a backdrop video, of an autoworker in clean clothes, sticking the jacking instructions on the trunk! Ford plant work, is at least 40,999 times harder than that. Throw in job uncertainty, and things can't get much harder.

The problem I have with some of the other no votes, is they really did not have any good reason to vote no...you both absolutely do.

In the spirit of this topic, "me lady", I absolutely admire your strength, courage, and mostly your positive outlook. You have this autoworker's utmost respect....

OIM

And you have my upmost respect also. When i was up at Lorain, it was a melting pot of Lorain folks, and people from all over the United states, and we all worked side by side till the last day. At Walton Hills we have seen many go to other plants and welcomed many others in as well.as at most plants. I hope that when everyone starts doin the migrant Ford worker shuffle....that EVERYONE welcomes EVERYONE WHERE-EVER we land......thanks sooo much for you kind thoughts!!!!

• Like 1

Havent seen a wall of text built that well in a while.

Going on strike will not keep your plant open,it will only add to your stress level. I went through a plant closing myself.Back in 2004/5 when Ford was whipsawing locals against each other my home plant,Wixom was a loser.But know what?Thanks to the UAW I got a job at another Ford plant and my paychecks kept rolling in.I will always miss the Wixom Plant but I found a new home.Ford made a ton of money from Lincoln back in the day.Things change,business decisions must be made in order for Ford to be competitive.My guess is that if or when your plant closes that the UAW will find you guys another job with Ford.I know how stressfull a plant closing can be and I wish you the best.

Thank you!

OVER HERE YOU CAN CUT THE TENSION WITH A KNIFE! I HEARD WHSP HAS A VERY CLOSE NIT GROUP WHICH IS AWESOME, BUT A SHAME THAT EVERYONE IS GOING TO BE ALL OVER THE PLACE FROM HERE ON OUT. FROM THE WAY YOU GUYS TALK ABOUT YOUR UNION STRUCTURE I HOPE SOME OF THEM END UP HERE AND RUN FOR OFFICE, WE NEED SOME DECIATED TRUE UNION PEOPLE. I'M SURE THEY ARE ALL BURNT OUT THROUGH THIS AND UPSET AT THE INTERNATIONAL THE WAY THEY FOUND OUT AND PROBABLY WOULDN'T RUN AGAIN, BUT I'D LOVE TO HAVE THEM HERE THE WAY EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT TEHM AT WHSP. HOPE YOU FIND A PLACE TO STAY AND IT SEEMS LIKE NO MATTER WHERE YOU END UP YOU'LL BE OK WITH SUCH A POSITIVE ATTITUDE.

And you have my upmost respect also. When i was up at Lorain, it was a melting pot of Lorain folks, and people from all over the United states, and we all worked side by side till the last day. At Walton Hills we have seen many go to other plants and welcomed many others in as well.as at most plants. I hope that when everyone starts doin the migrant Ford worker shuffle....that EVERYONE welcomes EVERYONE WHERE-EVER we land......thanks sooo much for you kind thoughts!!!!

You've brought tears of pain and joy to my eyes this day Sister. I've closed a home plant too and I wish I had had some old skool union workers like you to welcome me to my new plant. Many prayers and hugs for you and your co workers from me and mine. :angel:

OVER HERE YOU CAN CUT THE TENSION WITH A KNIFE! I HEARD WHSP HAS A VERY CLOSE NIT GROUP WHICH IS AWESOME, BUT A SHAME THAT EVERYONE IS GOING TO BE ALL OVER THE PLACE FROM HERE ON OUT. FROM THE WAY YOU GUYS TALK ABOUT YOUR UNION STRUCTURE I HOPE SOME OF THEM END UP HERE AND RUN FOR OFFICE, WE NEED SOME DECIATED TRUE UNION PEOPLE. I'M SURE THEY ARE ALL BURNT OUT THROUGH THIS AND UPSET AT THE INTERNATIONAL THE WAY THEY FOUND OUT AND PROBABLY WOULDN'T RUN AGAIN, BUT I'D LOVE TO HAVE THEM HERE THE WAY EVERYONE TALKS ABOUT TEHM AT WHSP. HOPE YOU FIND A PLACE TO STAY AND IT SEEMS LIKE NO MATTER WHERE YOU END UP YOU'LL BE OK WITH SUCH A POSITIVE ATTITUDE.

Prayers for you too Brother! You have the correct attitude, for sure! Take care of each other, no matter what, no matter what plant, that's the true union spirit! :angel:

You've brought tears of pain and joy to my eyes this day Sister. I've closed a home plant too and I wish I had had some old skool union workers like you to welcome me to my new plant. Many prayers and hugs for you and your co workers from me and mine. :angel:

Prayers for you too Brother! You have the correct attitude, for sure! Take care of each other, no matter what, no matter what plant, that's the true union spirit! :angel:

This right here is the way it should be... union brothers and sisters not bashing the shit outta one another....now your gonna make me cry....

• Like 1