Truth About Avon

happytobehere

i work at avon and i would say no as of now there is no future here. there not fixing nothing.the product were getting if you look at the numbers it will be a one shift plant.to me it looks like there slowly phasing out this plant . the product were getting is a motorhome chassi. which i would think not sell to well in this economy.in-source medium truck and frame assembly from Mexico, along with in-source Motorhome Chassis. there giving the plant 128 million which isnt nothing as far as investment in a plant.BUT THATS JUST MY 2 CENTS

I second Bret's assessment. There's just nothing to indicate any long term future here. The amount invested is a drop in the bucket to whats needed for the body/paint shop. In my opinion it's going to be to rework frame/chassis to accommodate the wider stance of the 650/750. Volume of those is never going to hold the plants numbers as they are now. The cutaway will help keep some there, but it's doubtful it will remain long term.

Anything can happen in the world of Ford, but in my opinion you follow the money.....and there's not much coming to OHAP.

happy.....are you by chance at Walton HIlls and looking for a transfer opportunity?

I second Bret's assessment. There's just nothing to indicate any long term future here. The amount invested is a drop in the bucket to whats needed for the body/paint shop. In my opinion it's going to be to rework frame/chassis to accommodate the wider stance of the 650/750. Volume of those is never going to hold the plants numbers as they are now. The cutaway will help keep some there, but it's doubtful it will remain long term.

Anything can happen in the world of Ford, but in my opinion you follow the money.....and there's not much coming to OHAP.

happy.....are you by chance at Walton HIlls and looking for a transfer opportunity?

No econolineman, it says hes from Sandusky, They posted last Friday at Walton hills,and supposedly we can't sign because we are not coded surplus yet, but i was told today people sighned from here at Walton Hills, and we do have several people on lay-off , havent heard if they were canvassed as they should have been. This is already turning into a damn nightmare....... things that were supposed to be are changing here, and there is a BIG lack of information....Good luck to us all!!!

Oh ya....duh....LOL...Guess I should've seen that.

hangin....OHAP will be shipping it's Kentucky transfers out in the coming months. Just over 100 last I heard.... So keep an eye and ear open if OHAP's where you or others want to go.

Thanks econolineman, don't quite know whats goin on here , people signed to come to your neck of the woods, but have no clue who is gonna get it. Will definately be keepin eyes wide open, cause things seem to be changing day to day.At this point i guess its all about seniority............but subject to change????