2012 Fusion SEL AWD Ordered

josh_4184

Hello All,

Just wanted to say hello, just orderd my first Ford vehiclle a 2012 Ford Fusion SEL AWD Blue Flame. The car was purchased for my wife, we live near Kalamazoo and planning on moving towards Grand Rapids in a year or so and wanted to get my wife a car that would drive ok in the snow/winter. I had to give up my 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Great Car) for this so it was a little sacrafice on my end, but hopefully will be worth it. Now the hard part in waiting for the car to be built/delivered.

Hello All,

Just wanted to say hello, just orderd my first Ford vehiclle a 2012 Ford Fusion SEL AWD Blue Flame. The car was purchased for my wife, we live near Kalamazoo and planning on moving towards Grand Rapids in a year or so and wanted to get my wife a car that would drive ok in the snow/winter. I had to give up my 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Great Car) for this so it was a little sacrafice on my end, but hopefully will be worth it. Now the hard part in waiting for the car to be built/delivered.

Congrats. Now be sure not to look at any of the 2013 Fusion threads............

Congrats. Now be sure not to look at any of the 2013 Fusion threads............

Lol, I am already well aware of the new 2013 Fusion coming soon, but we needed a vehicle now, and my wife loves it so that is all that matter, probably next year I will get a new F150 as my new toy.

Now be sure not to look at any of the 2013 Fusion threads............

Actually you are probably better off getting the current model. Fusions are really nice cars, OK I'm a little bias on that, and are in the last year of the current version. That means they've worked all the bugs out of them, except maybe for SYNC that is Microsoft anyway. :confused: And the current version is noted for its outstanding build quality and reliability. If you would have gotten a 2013 it would have been a totally different car; new engines, frame, body, ect... Which means the new car could end up being a total train wreck. Why take the chance?

Happy to hear you got the V6, you can't get AWD without it. My only real criticism of this car was the 2.5L I4 is a little underpowered, and Ford flooded the market with them earlier this year to make up for the shortage of the HYBRID's.

Just a warning, be ready for a 1 1/2 - 2 MONTH wait minimum for your car to get here. Getting a nice virgin car that hasn't been sitting on a lot or test drove by a dozen people is the only way to buy, IMO, but the price you pay is the wait. Take it from the guy that waited 4 MONTHS to get his, but in the end it was worth it. :shift:

Actually you are probably better off getting the current model. Fusions are really nice cars, OK I'm a little bias on that, and are in the last year of the current version. That means they've worked all the bugs out of them, except maybe for SYNC that is Microsoft anyway. :confused: And the current version is noted for its outstanding build quality and reliability. If you would have gotten a 2013 it would have been a totally different car; new engines, frame, body, ect... Which means the new car could end up being a total train wreck. Why take the chance?

Happy to hear you got the V6, you can't get AWD without it. My only real criticism of this car was the 2.5L I4 is a little underpowered, and Ford flooded the market with them earlier this year to make up for the shortage of the HYBRID's.

Just a warning, be ready for a 1 1/2 - 2 MONTH wait minimum for your car to get here. Getting a nice virgin car that hasn't been sitting on a lot or test drove by a dozen people is the only way to buy, IMO, but the price you pay is the wait. Take it from the guy that waited 4 MONTHS to get his, but in the end it was worth it. :shift:

I think the odds of any new vehicle being a "total train wreck" is somewhere between slim and none. Worst case you might run into one or two engineering issues or temporary software problems.

Nothing wrong with the 2012 but if you like the 2013 I wouldn't hesitate to get one, especially since they've had time to work out the MFT and Sync issues.

I think the odds of any new vehicle being a "total train wreck" is somewhere between slim and none. Worst case you might run into one or two engineering issues or temporary software problems.

Nothing wrong with the 2012 but if you like the 2013 I wouldn't hesitate to get one, especially since they've had time to work out the MFT and Sync issues.

I did research the new ford fusion which is going to be based off the Ford Mondeo in Europe, after looking at that car its safe to say the fusion won't be to much different from its european counterpart, the interior does look to be improved but not enough for me to wait until spring to look at one. The only thing I may miss would be the ecoboost that they are most likely to get, although not sure whether the all wheel drive will be an ecoboost or V6 so it could be a wash anyway. Either way, the 2012 Fusion has been out for a while and has proven reliable and quality while I am fairly sure the new fusion will be fine, its not worth the wait, my wife is commuting 180 miles a day right now in a 2005 Envoy, waiting another 6 months will cost me a lot more in gas while waiting that we could be saving in the fusion.

Judging by the poor results of several newly introduced or redesigned Fords in various quality surveys, your advice is very prudent and relevant indeed. As you noted, the current North American Ford Fusion is a well designed product assembled at one of the company's highest quality plants so it's a great choice regardless of what the next generation Fusion is like.

josh_4184, congratulations on your Ford Fusion order!

Judging by the poor results of several newly introduced or redesigned Fords in various quality surveys, your advice is very prudent and relevant indeed. As you noted, the current North American Ford Fusion is a well designed product assembled at one of the company's highest quality plants so it's a great choice regardless of what the next generation Fusion is like.

Thank you for your support and sincere take on the facts. I like to speak my mind and that really honks off some people. :stop:

Honestly I do like Ford products, and would give the same advice to anyone looking at a newly redesigned vehicle over an established model. Hell my 2005 Tacoma had some quality issues because it was the 1st year of a redesign. Also one thing I forgot to note was that they are planning on moving Fusion production from that Mexico plant to one up here in the states. So in essence, the 2013 Fusion may be a totally different car.

Who knows, maybe the new version's quality is as high or higher than the current one. Or maybe it's n... :stop:

Thank you for your support and sincere take on the facts. I like to speak my mind and that really honks off some people. :stop:

Honestly I do like Ford products, and would give the same advice to anyone looking at a newly redesigned vehicle over an established model. Hell my 2005 Tacoma had some quality issues because it was the 1st year of a redesign. Also one thing I forgot to note was that they are planning on moving Fusion production from that Mexico plant to one up here in the states. So in essence, the 2013 Fusion may be a totally different car.

Who knows, maybe the new version's quality is as high or higher than the current one. Or maybe it's n... :stop:

I say if someone is in the market for a Fusion they should get a 2012. If the new Escape is any indication of how the 2013 may look get ready for a bigger Focus. First Ford made all the instrumentation the same. Now they are making the outside all follow the same design. I just do not get it. Hopefully the 2015 Mustang will not have anything "kinetic" in its redesign.

I generally never buy a first year model of any car, in the past it seemed to be more of a problem then recent years with ever manufacturer focusing more on quality etc, that was one of the reason the fusion appealed to me, I knew it was in it last model year and has been very proven over the last few year in quality and reliability. I am expecting my wife to keep the car for at least 6-7 years so need something that lasts plus it needs to be good in the snow hence the all wheel drive.