AWOL on Friday the 23rd

fordbiz

Your full of shit. You will not lose any holiday pay. You have to work the day before and the day after a holiday in the same week. Monday starts the new week.

Actually your should read the contract but it says if you miss the day before and day after the christmas holiday you lose all your holiday pay. If you awol just one of those days you will lose 1 day of holiday pay. If you miss the day after they will take it out of your next check.

• Like 1

Actually your should read the contract but it says if you miss the day before and day after the christmas holiday you lose all your holiday pay. If you awol just one of those days you will lose 1 day of holiday pay. If you miss the day after they will take it out of your next check.

Correct

For those that think otherwise, AWOL on Friday or January 3rd and come back and complain about losing your holiday pay.

Gaming the system will catchup with you sooner or later.

• Like 2

Does anyone on here know whether if you AWOL on Friday the 23rd, if it will affect your Holiday pay? Since technically, the Holiday pay starts in a new week, but I'd like to know for sure. Thanks :)

Just come to work. If you plan AWOLs give up your job to someone who will come to work.

• Like 3

Some people have a life outside of Ford with their family, unlike you, smart a**!!

Trust me I have a life outside Ford... that's what vacation days and personal days are for.

I am too dumb to manage my time off so I will screw my brothers and sisters as well as the company and take an AWOL.

Yep, I'm a smart a** guess what that makes you.

• Like 3

Trust me I have a life outside Ford... that's what vacation days and personal days are for.

I am too dumb to manage my time off so I will screw my brothers and sisters as well as the company and take an AWOL.

Yep, I'm a smart a** guess what that makes you.

Well, then I guess you'll be screwed!! I have all my personal time and vacation but just can't get it off. Won a FREE Carribean cruise which sets sail on Friday, so let's see, take a AWOL or come into work and miss the cruise?? You figure it out wise guy!! Merry Christmas!! :happy feet:

And I will figure out a way to get it excused!! :shades:

why are the guys and gals being made to work past midnight the 23 taking us into the 24 for straight time? AWS screws us again.

You really need to read up on your contract. Because the last time I checked, Saturday December 24th and Sunday December 25th are not holidays. But Monday December 26th, Tuesday the 27th, Wednesday the 28th, Thursday the 29th, Friday the 30th, and January the 2nd, are paid holidays. Saturday and Sunday are not company paid holidays, no matter what day they fall on.

• Like 1

You are correct. I was wrong. Thanks for the info.

In the newly ratified National Contract, you can find the following Christmas Holiday period qualifying language on Page 026A

1) A seniority employee absent without excuse on both the last scheduled working day prior to and the next scheduled working day after a Christmas holiday period shall be ineligible for holiday pay for all of the holidays within the Christmas holiday period.

2) A seniority employee absent without excuse on either the last scheduled working day prior to or the next scheduled working after a Christmas holiday period shall be ineligible for one (1) of the holidays for which he would otherwise be eligible in the Christmas holiday period, but shall, if otherwise e1igible, receive pay for the remaining holidays in the Christmas holiday period.

Hope this answers your question.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

Dearborn Stamping & DTP Body

Vice President & Bargaining Rep

“Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year”

Edited by ReDemption
  • Like 1

In the newly ratified National Contract, you can find the following Christmas Holiday period qualifying language on Page 026A

1) A seniority employee absent without excuse on both the last scheduled working day prior to and the next scheduled working day after a Christmas holiday period shall be ineligible for holiday pay for all of the holidays within the Christmas holiday period.

2) A seniority employee absent without excuse on either the last scheduled working day prior to or the next scheduled working after a Christmas holiday period shall be ineligible for one (1) of the holidays for which he would otherwise be eligible in the Christmas holiday period, but shall, if otherwise e1igible, receive pay for the remaining holidays in the Christmas holiday period.

Hope this answers your question.

Jeff Hodges

Local 600

Vice President & Bargaining Rep

“Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year”

when can we expect to see a copy of our contract?

Mr. Settles had them post up a link to the language that was modified with negotiations so we could all read them (that was appreciated). If you’re talking about the new volumes 1 – 5, I’m not sure when they will be completed. I’m sure they are a huge expense and take a lot of time to set up for print.

So I really couldn’t tell you when they will be completed, but it is a good question.

Jeff Hodges

UAW Local 600